X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    FYP
    Thanks! Well...I guess I could accept any spot; ask me in March....
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
      So I was looking at the list of topics I hadn't read in a while, and as a Dartmouth fan who does keep tabs on UNH, I thought: "Huh...I wonder how UNH fans are feeling about their season so far."

Imagine my surprise when I clicked and got The McLaughlin Group instead!
      Welcome to Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, GB.:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        So, two posts in a row touting your moral authority to 'promise keeping' in which you...fail to keep your promise? Is just saying you'll keep your promise enough to convince yourself you've actually done so? In reality it took only two strikes of the return key to get from moral authority back to making your case on weather/climate with all the depth and intelligence of the Amanda Seyfried character in Mean Girls...
        Not sure if you noticed, but I was answering Greg's (fair) question - not you - and figured I'd try to lighten the recent end-of-the-world-is-nigh mood on here with a funny AND topical (climate) video from George Carlin … guess I just never realized you were such a delicate snowflake soul.

My bad. I'll try to be super careful not to trigger you, or upset your little safe space in the future.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Not sure if you noticed, but I was answering Greg's (fair) question - not you - and figured I'd try to lighten the recent end-of-the-world-is-nigh mood on here with a funny AND topical (climate) video from George Carlin … guess I just never realized you were such a delicate snowflake soul.

My bad. I'll try to be super careful not to trigger you, or upset your little safe space in the future.
          Response where it belongs...

https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...t-a-twatwaffle
          Last edited by Dan; 12-19-2019, 03:10 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

• Army....what's the buzz tell me what's happening...leading the Atlantic with a nice 10-5 record. Decent PK..can put puck in the net. Anybody got a read on this match up?
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Army....what's the buzz tell me what's happening...leading the Atlantic with a nice 10-5 record. Decent PK..can put puck in the net. Anybody got a read on this match up?
              Bentley has beat Army two of three games so far this season, so the Cadets cannot be that tough. Oh, wait ...........

EDIT: breaking news! JvR adds two more goals tonight, on four SOG.
              Last edited by Snively65; 12-19-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Good for him. Up to 6th on his own team in scoring, perhaps making a late run for All-Star recognition, something that's eluded him in his eleven (11) NHL seasons to date. Gotta make it eventually, eh?

Further to my previous points when I've called JvR a "3rd liner on a strong NHL team" … guess what? Looks like the Flyers are doing better this season than in recent seasons. And guess who's the 3rd line LW on their line charts over the last month or so (although TBF he's on their first PP unit)?

https://themorningpuck.com/line-comb...delphia-flyers

These charts only go back about a month, so I'm not saying they're perfect, Snives. You may also notice he's moved UP from the 4th line in some of those earlier games, and isn't getting any (trackable) time on the first two lines during this stretch. I know he has had injury issues earlier in the season. Maybe his recent scoring uptick will see him earning more TOI? Or maybe his scoring uptick has to do with his place on the first PP unit (BTW perfect for him)??

No one likes being the Grinch at this time of the year, or on this subject, but I know this has been an issue that's annoyed some of you, and you're definitely entitled to your opinions. But I'll stick with mine, which are that (1) JvR tops out as a very good player at NHL level - not elite, or even All-Star caliber; (2) he's a top six player on a weak team - his past Flyers and Toronto teams, for example; and (3) he's a 3rd line player on a strong NHL team with realistic Cup ambitions. FWIW, I'm not sure the Flyers are that good this year, but they are better. And the evidence (above) shows he's currently outside the top six forwards, except for the PP.

Those are my opinions - then and now - and (at least) right now, that's what the facts reflect.

Comment

I just realized how appropriately named this thread is, with "water... trending upward" nicely representing the indisputable truth of the rising sea levels due to scientifically proven climate change.

Happy Holidays to all you Cats fans.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    I just realized how appropriately named this thread is, with "water... trending upward" nicely representing the indisputable truth of the rising sea levels due to scientifically proven climate change.

Happy Holidays to all you Cats fans.
                    Thanks for this voice of reason, Nick. I take back all of the negative things that I have posted about you over the years. You are ok. :-)

And, best wishes to you and your team this season, as well, as long as your team does not get in our way. :-)

Comment

• Does anyone really believe this? Or is it another case of fake news as that rootin tootin chuck says?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/world/magnetic-north-pole-drift-scn-trnd/index.html

Merry Xmas.

Comment

Just thought that I would wish all of you dang hooligans a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! If any of you yahoos even care, I was off the grid for a bit while having a medical procedure. And if you're that gal-durn curious, let's just say that it was....an implant....to help....with certain....things. Ain't gonna tell ya more, use your noggins if ya want to figure it out.....

CHARLIE MURRAY... USING MY BACKYARD AS YOUR OWN PRIVATE JOHNNIE ARE YA??? YOU BEST BE CAREFUL NOW THAT I'M UP AND ABOUT!!!
                        GIT OFF MY LAWN!!!!
                        And Merry Christmas, ya heathen!!
                        I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
                        AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Two more tonight against Ottawa...
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Two more tonight against Ottawa...
                            Yup, first goal unassisted. On second line tonight with Kevin Hayes and Nicolas Aube-Kubel; fifth most TOI for forwards with 17:46 mins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Yup, first goal unassisted. On second line tonight with Kevin Hayes and Nicolas Aube-Kubel; fifth most TOI for forwards with 17:46 mins.
                              Meanwhile my Bruins...🙄
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyUNHer View Post
                                Just thought that I would wish all of you dang hooligans a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! If any of you yahoos even care, I was off the grid for a bit while having a medical procedure. And if you're that gal-durn curious, let's just say that it was....an implant....to help....with certain....things. Ain't gonna tell ya more, use your noggins if ya want to figure it out.....

CHARLIE MURRAY... USING MY BACKYARD AS YOUR OWN PRIVATE JOHNNIE ARE YA??? YOU BEST BE CAREFUL NOW THAT I'M UP AND ABOUT!!!
                                GIT OFF MY LAWN!!!!
                                And Merry Christmas, ya heathen!!
                                Nice to see you back up and around, you grouchy ol' bugger. Right back atcha!!

Comment

Working...
                                X