No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

sloppy gm by both teams. Our PP looked better though.
    Glad Coach called timeout when he did, settled them down a bit at 3-3.
    still ... they gonna need to be sharper 2nd half of season (goalie included) if there is to be any more hardware. I'll say it again, was going to be that kind of year so win # 11 is alright.

Enjoy the post gm refreshment & skate, kids! Happy Holidays everyone.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by HHound View Post
      ...I'm more concerned that we mustn't score three quick goals - then we assume the game is out of reach and go through the motions for the next two periods....
      Not having Bucheler, Struble, and Kislin might have more bearing on the problem than being hexed when they get early 3-0 leads. That being said, I thought Spott and Murphy were more than adequate.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Just a small detail but was wondering why Ryan Shea was wearing an alternate captain jersey in this game instead of the “C”?
        "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

He didn't have a letter at all against BU last week. Clearly some kind of internal penalty going on. Doubt we'll ever learn more.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
            He didn't have a letter at all against BU last week. Clearly some kind of internal penalty going on. Doubt we'll ever learn more.
            Something must've happened during the Belfast trip!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
              Something must've happened during the Belfast trip!
              I seem to recall him conversing with the refs over some matter, which would mean that he was acting in the role of captain. Was someone else wearing the “C” ?

Comment

• As has been pointed out, probably something did happen on the overseas road trip. Prob bound to happen in ones’s career in one form or another - it’s called learning while growing up ; better sooner than later.

will be a good lesson & experience and kid will be better off in the long run. He absolutely had confidence of HC as well, who took him over to the NESN studios in between periods of the Bruins game Thursday night. He was presented as Captain to Billy Jaffe & he presented himself and the program well, laying out goals for the Dartmouth gm and beyond.

Far as wearing any jersey with A or C or what have you, prob was a price to be paid for whatever happened, and he has paid it. Good kid & holidays coming at a good time so leave it all in this year & gear up for 2nd half. Happy Holidays! 🙂
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Some extracts from Diehard Dogs postings re what's happening in the pipeline:

----“Team USA won the Bronze Medal in the World Jr. A Challenge, defeating the Czech Republic 2-1 in OT. Gunnarwolfe Fontaine was pretty much the offensive star of the US team with 5-5-10 in six games. Sam Colangelo chipped in with 1-1-2, also in six.”

----“…Currently, we have 4 guys in the top 15 in scoring in the USHL. Ty Jackson is sitting at 27 points, in fourth place in total scoring, 3 points behind the league leaders...His brother Dylan is right behind him at 26 points going for 11-15-26. Sam Colangeo at 12-12-24, followed by teammate Gunnarwolfe at 12-10-22. Those four figure to have starting spots locked in for next season.”

----“…guys more than a year away who are doing quite well would be Jack Hughes who is a point per game guy for the US-17. Ryan St.Louis…has not been as prolific scoring, but seems to be progressing nicely…Nate Haney is playing at a half-point per game clip in Cedar Rapids…Matt Choupani is doing a little better then Nate in his first season in the USHL going for 10-8-18 in 25 games…”

Comment

While we're on the subject of recruit progress, Justin Hrychowian was doing well in Cedar Rapids until being injured about a month ago. AFAIK, he'll be back after the Christmas break. He is still expected on campus next fall. Stanley Cooley is still just 17 but is among the top 4 scorers on a strong team with a line of 34-9-21-30-46 and was one of 8 players in Alberta chosen for the CJHL Top Prospects game. Jack Williams in Muskegon doesn't have a big scoring line, but has a terrific PR person. There's a flattering article in The NE Hockey Journal about what a sterling human being he seems to be. Well, I suppose we need a few of those blended in with the rest of the gang. BTW, He's from York, ME, and has been an offensive force on his previous teams. It's not at all unusual for a younger player entering the USHL to take a year or more to adjust to the stronger level of play. Lastly, Ross Mitton, has been trade to the Omaha Lancers and seems to be doing nicely. He's reputed to play a rugged style of hockey. I suspect that he may be the kind of player who needs to be seen to be appreciated.

Incidentally, Matt Choupani, who played for Lac St. Louis, where Davies and Bucheler preceded him, scored a hat trick earlier this month. The other interesting item involves Gunnarwolfe (which one, you ask.) seems to have a Solow-like knack for scoring big goals that tie a game in the last minutes, or win important games in OT! Those dog piles can be dangerous! We were fortunate to get his big sister Schuyler. who is a high scoring junior D for our ladies team. She may be good enough to play for the Men's team - as she did in high school. We may have to call on her if we lose anyone else to an injury.
                    Last edited by HHound; 12-17-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Dartmouth recap/A look at where things stand in the conference and national picture halfway through

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...in-contention/
                      Last edited by TheRevengeance; 12-18-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                        Dartmouth recap/A look at where things stand in the conference and national picture halfway through

https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/r...in-contention/
                        thx for putting the work into this.
                        have they been above expectations for rebuild type season (yeah sorta, with 11 W at halfway point, winning some (t'giving) holiday hardware; kinda nice!). have they left opportunities on the table (hc, mc ties), hurting their pwr, maybe staying around the pairwise bubble.?. also yes.

with a solid 2nd half can they overcome it? not sure this is the year...
                        then again, that's why they play the games. Go NU
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Question, but what has happened to Goldstein? He had a good freshman year and has disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                            Question, but what has happened to Goldstein? He had a good freshman year and has disappeared.
                            I read the most recent blog article that cites the defensive corps injuries and have the very same question re. Villella (well, I can't confirm his level of play other than to say that he played fairly regularly as a frosh). Could they both be injured?

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                              ...what has happened to Goldstein?...
                              Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                              I...have the very same question re Villella...
                              So far as I know, both have been healthy scratches all year...which means they've been bumped down in the depth chart. I suspect Goldstein might get bumped up should something unforeseen make any of the forwards unavailable. And I'm as puzzled as anyone else re Villella.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                So far as I know, both have been healthy scratches all year...which means they've been bumped down in the depth chart. I suspect Goldstein might get bumped up should something unforeseen make any of the forwards unavailable. And I'm as puzzled as anyone else re Villella.
                                Right, I just don't see how Villella is behind Carrabino on the depth chart, but that's just me. But being familiar with him from his youth hockey days down here in FL, I'd venture to say perhaps he needs to hit the weight room.

Comment

Working...
                                X