• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown @ RPI, Saturday, 12/7/19

postgame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRuYk4mvrW4
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77-XYvGUjDw
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
        Love seeing this. About 1/4 of the crowd (if that’s what you want to call it) left early. In fact, I saw some people leave at the start of OT. I mean, really??? What can be so important that you can’t stay for a possible 5 minute OT? Glad to see all of them get burned. Maybe they’ll stay next time.
        Unlikely they will stay and in fact perhaps more will leave early part of the impatience that now pervades life. This is why you find people standing at the doors to get into a business or bank at the opening, they have to be first! or the car creeping up your back side on the Northway so you have to move over for them. They simply have to be first (or perhaps they are more important and it is their road they think). They missed a fabulous ending in a style that we might not see again fro some time.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          I appreciate your efforts of trying to reinvigorate student interest in RPI Hockey, but, can we get more creative with the cheers and trash talking? I mean, really, that goaltender shut out RPI for basically 59:34
          Thought he shut us down for 59:58?? Over the years I can remember some that we have lost like this so this one is really very sweet. Congratulations to our new goalie on his first RPI win coming in such a dramatic fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            Not a good look. This team hasn't proven anything the past 10 or more years to allow for the fanbase to trash talk anyone. Also would you have actually said this to the goalie face to face? Think about it.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Thought he shut us down for 59:58?? Over the years I can remember some that we have lost like this so this one is really very sweet. Congratulations to our new goalie on his first RPI win coming in such a dramatic fashion.
              Yes, 59:58, and that isn't including previous games.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats to Calvaruso with a win in his RPI debut.
                BTW, would he be the first RPI hockey player to ever wear #38?

Comment

Emil Ohrvall two years ago was the only other one.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Going strictly by my memory (which is slowly fading) I had thought we had very few numbers used over 34 until of course 52 and 44 were worn by Brad Tapper and Brad Farynuk. I recall an occasional 35 and 36 and more recently 39 but not 37 or 38 until Ralph reminded me of Ohrvall wearing 38.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Going strictly by my memory (which is slowly fading) I had thought we had very few numbers used over 34 until of course 52 and 44 were worn by Brad Tapper and Brad Farynuk. I recall an occasional 35 and 36 and more recently 39 but not 37 or 38 until Ralph reminded me of Ohrvall wearing 38.
                      I am too lazy to check again about 37. I used a yearbook from about 10 years ago which has a supposedly complete list of who wore which number through that year and then the online rosters for the last few years. there I discovered that I did not remember that EO wore 38.

When I was an undergrad no one wore higher than 20. The max crept up to 30 and as you wrote there have been few numbers 40 or more.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-08-2019, 11:30 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Emil Ohrvall two years ago was the only other one.
                        It’s amazing his jersey wasn’t retired
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          Not a good look. This team hasn't proven anything the past 10 or more years to allow for the fanbase to trash talk anyone. Also would you have actually said this to the goalie face to face? Think about it.
                          And what has Brown proven? What have they done in their entire history? And yes, I would and did yell this at the game to the goalie. I can't believe you're up in arms over this considering when you went to school at RPI, people would chant "the ref beats his wife" whenever he made a call people didn't like. That is FAR worse than anything else that is chanted nowadays

Comment

And what has Brown proven? What have they done in their entire history? And yes, I would and did yell this at the game to the goalie. I can't believe you're up in arms over this considering when you went to school at RPI, people would chant "the ref beats his wife" whenever he made a call people didn't like. That is FAR worse than anything else that is chanted nowadays
                            I didn’t go to RPI. I’ve just been going to games for probably as long as you’ve been alive. I’m glad your leading the way to hopefully making the field house a true home game feel for the team. Not the welcoming mat for other teams fans and band to come in and be louder than the students and our band. Just be glad this wasn’t the old days when the players could and would take care of fans talking crap about girlfriends to them.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Knocked RPI out of the playoffs for the last couple of years, both at Meehan and the Field House.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I am too lazy to check again about 37. I used a yearbook from about 10 years ago which has a supposedly complete list of who wore which number through that year and then the online rosters for the last few years. there I discovered that I did not remember that EO wore 38.

When I was an undergrad no one wore higher than 20. The max crept up to 30 and as you wrote there have been few numbers 40 or more.
                                Just some minutia- I too am too lazy to look it up - but I recall at least once (and perhaps more than that) when we had more than one player wearing the same number during the same season. 50+ years of following RPI hockey can do some strange things to one's brain!

Comment

Working...
                                X