Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Michigan didnt have the extra attacker on when they scored. This was a gritty win without 4 main guys.
    Then I stand corrected, I guess the excitement must have caught up with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Then I stand corrected, I guess the excitement must have caught up with me!
      One of the few mistakes tommy has made not getting to the post on that wrap around.

Comment

One of the few mistakes tommy has made not getting to the post on that wrap around.
        Although my view was limited being at the opposite end of the ice, from my vantage point it looked like we were trying to go stick to stick instead of rubbing him off the puck on the boards.
        Did anyone with a better view see it differently?

Comment

Although my view was limited being at the opposite end of the ice, from my vantage point it looked like we were trying to go stick to stick instead of rubbing him off the puck on the boards.
          Did anyone with a better view see it differently?
          I had the same view as you did and you are correct. Tommy still didnt get across to the post.

Comment

Tommy still didnt get across to the post.
            No argument on that part. I was being devil's advocate on if we should have been pinching the player against the board so he never got to Tommy in the first place.
            But it's always easier to say woulda, coulda, shoulda when you're in the stands!

Comment

No argument on that part. I was being devil's advocate on if we should have been pinching the player against the board so he never got to Tommy in the first place.
              But it's always easier to say woulda, coulda, shoulda when you're in the stands!
              You are right the defense cant let the guy skate free.

Comment

I can't remember who we had had on the ice when TTUN scored but we did suit up a lot of freshmen but getting burned is how you learn.
                BTW, did you notice the nice jump we earned in the USCHO rankings from 13th to 9th?

Comment

I can't remember who we had had on the ice when TTUN scored but we did suit up a lot of freshmen but getting burned is how you learn.
                  BTW, did you notice the nice jump we earned in the USCHO rankings from 13th to 9th?
                  Yes sir baptism by fire for sure. Top 10 match up this weekend in South Bend. Looking forward to this measuring stick.

Comment

Yes sir baptism by fire for sure. Top 10 match up this weekend in South Bend. Looking forward to this measuring stick.
                    I sure hope I won't be complaining about the luck of the Irish Notre Dame seems to have at home more often than not.
                    Friday's game is on NBC Sports Network so we'll at least get to watch at home.
                    BTW, need to critique the USCHO staff, that winning goal Saturday really should have made the Plays of the Week video!
                    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-04-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

... I was being devil's advocate on if we should have been pinching the player against the board so he never got to Tommy in the first place.
                      Remember that Blue #4 plays 'D.' My thought is that when he wound up going below the end line, we lost track of him. To my eye, #4 had a wide open boulevard going around the net. So rather than a reluctance to check, I'm thinking busted coverage.

No excuses either way; just looking for the most accurate diagnosis.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                        Remember that Blue #4 plays 'D.' My thought is that when he wound up going below the end line, we lost track of him. To my eye, #4 had a wide open boulevard going around the net. So rather than a reluctance to check, I'm thinking busted coverage.

No excuses either way; just looking for the most accurate diagnosis.
                        If you were in your usual lofty vantage point then you definitely would have had the best view. Do you recall who should had the coverage of him? I don't want to automatically point the finger at one of the freshmen but I can't help but wonder.

Comment

If you were in your usual lofty vantage point then you definitely would have had the best view. Do you recall who should had the coverage of him? I don't want to automatically point the finger at one of the freshmen but I can't help but wonder.
                          Rookie mistake is an intelligent guess. But no, I don't recall.

Comment

Disappointing and MORE injuries. That guy definitely took a run at Ege and nothing dirty to Carson, just that **** luck of the Irish!
                            Wasn't too impressed with tonight's officiating. That hooking call on Quinn was weak as water and in the 2nd after that flurry in front of out net Hein gets out with the puck and is grabbed by the shoulder and hauled down from behind as he crosses ND's blue line. How the hell did they not see THAT?

Comment

Cant turn the puck over in the d zone against good teams and expect to beat them. All 3 Irish goals were off Ohio State mistakes. Another 5 minute PP gone without a goal those are killers when you dont score on them. In person the officiating wasnt terrible. Ege had taken two big hits earlier in the game down along the boards before getting hit in the head hope he is able to play tomorrow as they are still without Miller. Came for a split and hope to get it tomorrow.

Comment

Ege had taken two big hits earlier in the game down along the boards before getting hit in the head hope he is able to play tomorrow as they are still without Miller.
                                We won't see Miller back for a month.

Comment

Working...
                                X