Providence College on the road to Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

BC has given up their home game once or twice because of Frozen Fenway...that's just how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      BC has given up their home game once or twice because of Frozen Fenway...that's just how it goes.
      Last time PC played there it was a neutral site game so it didn't count in the standings.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Who was it against? So they played three times? Obviously that's an ideal situation but I do know BC has had to give up a home game for at least one of the previous three they were a part of. And I think they actually gave up a home game two of the three times.

Comment

Who was it against? So they played three times? Obviously that's an ideal situation but I do know BC has had to give up a home game for at least one of the previous three they were a part of. And I think they actually gave up a home game two of the three times.
          Merrimack so they just played 3 times.

Comment

Looking back, BC actually gave up a league home game all three times they were part of this.

Comment

Looking back, BC actually gave up a league home game all three times they were part of this.
              And that is wrong for BC to have to give up home games. Hate to see a conference decided on bad ice and a player falling down. ;-)

Comment

Preaching to the choir there. I hate Frozen Fenway.

Comment

I've heard that BC is one of the main supporters of Frozen Fenway, so it makes sense that they gave up home games to participate in it. Besides, BC was able to get Notre Dame to give up their home football game for the game at Fenway.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    And that is wrong for BC to have to give up home games. Hate to see a conference decided on bad ice and a player falling down. ;-)
                    bc is a business partner with FSG so there is probably an expectation that they "give up" a home game for something like this.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Notre Dame always plays one "home" football game on a road each year.

Comment

Originally posted by LFofF View Post
                        Notre Dame always plays one "home" football game on a road each year.
                        At a Neutral site though....unless it was playing BC at Fenway. This year it is Army vs ND in San Antonio, Navy in Jacksonville, and Syracuse in New Jersey. ND only plays three TRUE road football games this year at NC State, at Texas, and at USC.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...ons-tournament

2018 recruit Matt Gould makes Five Nations Tournament roster for U.S.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...ons-tournament

2018 recruit Matt Gould makes Five Nations Tournament roster for U.S.
                            Well this is has been quite Actually was looking for the thread Saty started for '16 but that must long gone. So I'll use this since Cox has a lot to use to bring this up

The recent news relates to the NJEC going on now where tweets from Cox and Divver have mentioned Foley and Bjorkvist. Cox had a good one on Bjorkvist and Divver had one about Foley being primed for a breakout year

Cox also had a recent article ranking the recruiting classes, he linked in the Lowell thread if you want to read it. Obviously with replacing the seniors the incoming class is a key so his PC wrap up is a pretty look into how PC will look next year

This past week PC landed a Boston area kid Prompting Cox to note the list of '99's Leaman and company have been able to get from the Boston area Which is very true plus the kid quoted above (a 2000) and the Koopman's ('98's I believe) and said amazing inroads Leaman has made. Which is very true, Army's failure to land this type of kid from New England was a key reason for his lack of success.

Finally Buccigross had a preseason top 10 with PC 9th (BC 8th so for both maybe a bit optimistic preseason). However Divvver got a look at some of the kids as summer session tweeted and said by season end this will be a very strong team. I suspect he is right.
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Two questions:

1. Will I have a tough time getting tickets for the Sun 10/2 game?

2. How many days will it take for me to drive from Boston Logan to Providence on a Sunday —*four?

My wife and I are stopping over in Boston on our way back from our honeymoon in Iceland, and to my frustration the only college hockey going on in a sensible drive from Boston is at your fine arena. It would be cool to catch a game on your ice, even with it just an exhibition.

I mean, it's that or watch UAH lose to Ferris in my hotel room.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                Two questions:

1. Will I have a tough time getting tickets for the Sun 10/2 game?

2. How many days will it take for me to drive from Boston Logan to Providence on a Sunday —*four?

My wife and I are stopping over in Boston on our way back from our honeymoon in Iceland, and to my frustration the only college hockey going on in a sensible drive from Boston is at your fine arena. It would be cool to catch a game on your ice, even with it just an exhibition.

I mean, it's that or watch UAH lose to Ferris in my hotel room.

GFM
                                S/B easy to get tickets for an exhibition. On a Sunday under 2 hours
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X