Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    This angers me beyond words:

In Spite Of Warnings, Trump Administration Poised To Relax Trucking Safety Rules

Yes, because let's relax required sleep periods/downtime because these companies are inefficient at figuring out routing and timing.

There have been countless crashes on Chicagoland expressways involving tired/sleeping semi-truck drivers; Tollway maintenance, state police, and construction workers have been killed.

Right near my house in 2014, one truck driver caused a chain reaction crash with a state trooper vehicle and tollway maintenance truck, causing both vehicles to violently explode injuring the trooper and killing the tollway employee.

Fu** these truck drivers. Fu** these companies pushing these drivers. And fu** Donald J. Trump and his whole fu**ing administration.

*edit* And fu** every single one of you who carry even a glass of water in the name of only asking questions for this motherfu**ing administration.
    The tradeoff with limiting hours is you put weaker drivers on the road. It would be interesting to see some stats on it.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Good luck! Big Pharma will make $ure that Congre$$ kill$ thi$ idea real quick.

@fox5dc #BREAKING: Trump administration says it will set up a system allowing Americans to legally access lower-cost prescription drugs from Canada https://t.co/l8nVNHkHMF #fox5dc https://t.co/Szyrf3ETwB
      how about they just fix the ****ing problem here?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        The tradeoff with limiting hours is you put weaker drivers on the road. It would be interesting to see some stats on it.
        I'm at least comforted by the fact that technology exists today that would allow long-haul truckers to nap on the highway. how long before it is common place?

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I'm at least comforted by the fact that technology exists today that would allow long-haul truckers to nap on the highway. how long before it is common place?
          The long haul stuff is probably 10 years or so away. There are drivers who can be 100% awake and be absolutely frightening. There is no perfect solution unfortunately.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            The long haul stuff is probably 10 years or so away. There are drivers who can be 100% awake and be absolutely frightening. There is no perfect solution unfortunately.
            for long haul stuff, it would be technically feasible for all of the highway miles to be automated today -- likely with a lower accident rate than human drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Pretty sure I’m never voting for another republican again.
              I'm not willing to go quite that far, but I definitely cannot vote for anyone who identifies with and supports the anti-science, anti-immigrant, and white ethnocentrist planks of the current Republican platform.

Comment

Trucking is a shadow of what it once was. I live in an area that has been a boomtown for warehouses for the past 10 years. The amount of damage trucks have done is unbelievable.

Many modern truckers have little/no training and have no clue what the hell they are doing. You see trucks constantly cutting corners, getting stuck awkwardly at fuel stops and parking lots, and constantly not signaling/checking blind spots. I'm amazed the can back the rig into a dock cause they sure as hell show they have no control away from the docks.

This is verging into stereotype territory here, so forgive me: Many drivers around here are of Eastern European decent. Many were quite obviously born in Europe. Let's just say that Eastern European culture does not help these guys out when they get into situations
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

https://www.gq.com/story/rural-hospi...-in-red-states

Roughly 20 percent of Americans live in rural areas, including more than 13 million children, according to the last U.S. census. And, according to research and reporting by the Pittsburg Morning Sun and its parent company, GateHouse Media, those people have been steadily losing access to hospitals for years.

In Oklahoma, Georgia, South Carolina, and Mississippi, at least 52 percent of all rural hospitals spent more money than they made between 2011 to 2017. In Kansas, it's 64 percent, and five hospitals there shut down completely in that time. Since 2010, 106 rural hospitals have closed across the country. (Another 700 are "on shaky ground," and about 200 are "on the verge of collapse," according to Gatehouse.) Of those 106 that closed, 77 were in deep red states where local politicians refused the Obama administration's Medicaid expansion that came about as a result of the Affordable Care Act.

In short, the federal government provided funds to expand coverage for Medicaid, a program that helps pay for health care for low income patients. But the expansion was optional, and 14 Republican-controlled states rejected to take the money. The only state that bucked this trend was Utah, where rural hospitals were among the most profitable in the country thanks to a policy of shifting funds and resources from urban hospitals. Only 14 percent of rural hospitals operated at a loss and none shut down over the same time period.
                  That will combine well with the opioid epidemic.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I do agree with this and that there are more not as skilled truck drivers on the road. There isn't a perfect solution, but I would much rather have truck drivers who are alert and awake versus tired drivers.

Is there room for some adjustments to allow a mid-day break period to allow the same driver to drive in the AM ahead of rush hour and drive in the PM after rush hour? Sure. But I'm more nervous about that back end drive because I don't foresee every driver napping in the afternoon to allow for that delayed return trip.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      I do agree with this and that there are more not as skilled truck drivers on the road. There isn't a perfect solution, but I would much rather have truck drivers who are alert and awake versus tired drivers.

Is there room for some adjustments to allow a mid-day break period to allow the same driver to drive in the AM ahead of rush hour and drive in the PM after rush hour? Sure. But I'm more nervous about that back end drive because I don't foresee every driver napping in the afternoon to allow for that delayed return trip.
                      I think the industry is struggling to find drivers now, so I wouldn't be surprised if some people are getting hired who might otherwise be rejected.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Trucking is a shadow of what it once was. I live in an area that has been a boomtown for warehouses for the past 10 years. The amount of damage trucks have done is unbelievable.

Many modern truckers have little/no training and have no clue what the hell they are doing. You see trucks constantly cutting corners, getting stuck awkwardly at fuel stops and parking lots, and constantly not signaling/checking blind spots. I'm amazed the can back the rig into a dock cause they sure as hell show they have no control away from the docks.

This is verging into stereotype territory here, so forgive me: Many drivers around here are of Eastern European decent. Many were quite obviously born in Europe. Let's just say that Eastern European culture does not help these guys out when they get into situations
                        Oh yeah, you're right in the heart of the intermodal hubs. I worked south of you for two summers, and woof was it rookie day for all those semi drivers.

Also, it continues to not surprise me how many truck drivers don't know how tall their trailer is, ignore no truck and bridge height signs, then stand around dumbstruck when the local railroad bridges act as a can opener.

It's like Bill Engvall says: "Here's your sign."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I think the industry is struggling to find drivers now, so I wouldn't be surprised if some people are getting hired who might otherwise be rejected.
                          This is the most likely answer. I don't know if additional training should be required, or mandatory yearly refreshers for the first few years of driving, or what would improve things.

No matter what, relaxing rules shouldn't be atop that list.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            They are. Like I said in the post above, I live in an area that has expanded indefinitely as to warehouses and distribution centers. There are constant advertisements for drivers on local radio, print, and online. These are for both long haul and local drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Oh yeah, you're right in the heart of the intermodal hubs. I worked south of you for two summers, and woof was it rookie day for all those semi drivers.

Also, it continues to not surprise me how many truck drivers don't know how tall their trailer is, ignore no truck and bridge height signs, then stand around dumbstruck when the local railroad bridges act as a can opener.

It's like Bill Engvall says: "Here's your sign."
                              Northbound Brandon Rd. in Joliet has done everything to make it clear that there is a 12' Railroad bridge. At least once a month there is a truck wedged into there. And the common reason? Drivers made a wrong turn. As they head north from the road that has all the warehouses, the possible turn off routes are small, two lane farm roads and two that head into a neighborhood. Because of the lack of skill, drivers are afraid to head down these roads. And because the drivers are spooked, they miss all the signage that there is a 12' bridge

This is what I meant in the previous post where "Cultural arrogance" rears its head

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                This is what I meant in the previous post where "Cultural arrogance" rears its head
                                In the month I was working in front of the Abraham Lincoln Cemetary, we would have at *least* two truck drivers daily who would stop in the middle of our work zone blocking traffic to argue how they needed to turn around at this specific road because they missed their turn. The cemetary was well signed as "No Trucks" (picture signs) at the entrance and also signed well in advance.

Didn't matter to them.

I will say the one who almost came to blows with the foreman was Eastern European. And he only gave up when the City of Elwood cop squawked the siren a few cars back seeing we were all waving the truck driver to continue straight through.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X