X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:54: My Polls Are Better Than Your Polls

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Kep swears he's not, he's just blinded by his compassion for the little zygotes.
    It is not evil to single issue vote if you think it's about child murder. The problem isn't in his decision once he's made that judgment. His judgment is based on a metaphysics we don't share and which in my opinion has no business within a gazillion miles of the voting booth, but we can't escape our worldview nor should we.

It's not evil to be single issue Pro Life.

I don't think it's either stupid or crazy either. I don't agree with either the logic or the morality of the Pro Life movement, but neither represents either a lack of thinking or a break from reality. At worst Pro Lifers are ignorant and mistaken, but even that doesn't quite capture it. They take their beliefs seriously, and we should not demonize that. The beliefs themselves may be based on faulty assumptions, poor parenting, lack of access to the human knowledge that has been built up since 1500, but that's no longer a matter of ontology, it's epistemology, and there is simply no fighting over that. Here they stand, they can do no other.

I would remind you that that sort of single mindedness, when turned to the good, makes heroes. It is the sort of thing that gives people the strength to tell the truth in a culture of lies, or stand up against an injustice that has been unconsciously accepted by society. That's not where the problem lies.

I fully understand that the hill these folks have chosen to make their stand on is, well, poorly conceived. But the fact that they make a stand is admirable. Yes, they're wrong. But if you believed what they do you would do well to act as they do.

Now, given all the other things that tend to matrix with those beliefs, they also usually wind up being big, fat hypocrites. But that's a different mater.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      those people are idiots. BHO didn't talk about staying past two terms... BHO didn't say they only way he would lose an election is if it is "rigged".
      He also said Russia wasn’t a threat.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Non-sequitur alert.

Comment

You might want to take two trips. The amount of water your carrying right now is pretty massive. You don't want to spill any.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            You might want to take two trips. The amount of water your carrying right now is pretty massive. You don't want to spill any.
            Thankfully those days are behind me. I’m almost certainly going D next year and am completely disgusted with Trump and the Republican Party right now.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Thankfully those days are behind me. I’m almost certainly going D next year and am completely disgusted with Trump and the Republican Party right now.
              Welcome to the fight. It takes courage to admit a mistake. Good for you!
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                It is not evil to single issue vote if you think it's about child murder. The problem isn't in his decision once he's made that judgment. His judgment is based on a metaphysics we don't share and which in my opinion has no business within a gazillion miles of the voting booth, but we can't escape our worldview nor should we.

I don't think it's either stupid or crazy either. I don't agree with either the logic or the morality of the Pro Life movement, but neither represents either a lack of thinking or a break from reality. At worst Pro Lifers are ignorant and mistaken, but even that doesn't quite capture it. They take their beliefs seriously, and we should not demonize that. The beliefs themselves may be based on faulty assumptions, poor parenting, lack of access to the human knowledge that has been built up since 1500, but that's no longer a matter of ontology, it's epistemology, and there is simply no fighting over that. Here they stand, they can do no other.

I would remind you that that sort of single mindedness, when turned to the good, makes heroes. It is the sort of thing that gives people the strength to tell the truth in a culture of lies, or stand up against an injustice that has been unconsciously accepted by society. That's not where the problem lies.

I fully understand that the hill these folks have chosen to make their stand on is, well, poorly conceived. But the fact that they make a stand is admirable. Yes, they're wrong. But if you believed what they do you would do well to act as they do.

Now, given all the other things that tend to matrix with those beliefs, they also usually wind up being big, fat hypocrites. But that's a different mater.
                As I said.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  You all better pray the Secret Service is loyal to the nation and the constitution come January 2021. That is if democratic supporters of 22 candidates are not too butt-hurt to come out and vote in November of 2020 and trump is actually defeated. Because I am willing to bet the farm that IF trump loses in 2020, he will attempt to go the coup route. We have seen and heard enough evidence that is how he operates. We also have seen zero evidence that republicans in the house and senate give the first 5h!t about the nation and the constitution, so don't look to them for help when trump refuses to vacate the oval office.
                  The Secret Service is not bound to the POTUS. Those men and women work to protect all elected officials, candidates for office during elections, and families of said people, if the government needs to be concerned with the family. The one person I knew who was Secret Service was adamant that they would rotate through assignments fairly often so as to not grow personal attachments to a protected person/family. (This person was assigned to GWB's family for a time when he was in office.)
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's funny how certain posters here are starting to sound like the Democratic Underground boards during the peak of Bush hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      It's funny how certain posters here are starting to sound like the Democratic Underground boards during the peak of Bush hysteria.
                      I think the nation will collectively hold their breath from November 2020 to January 2021 if a Democrat wins. You might actually be able to hear a collective exhale when he leaves. Which I'm still convinced he will if he loses. Doesn't mean I won't be one of those holding their breath.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You forgot to mention all of joe's disgusting posts that aren't about being pro-life, which kind of eliminates the single issue voter theory

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          As I said.
                          No, you said I asserted joe is single issue Pro Life. I did not. I asserted if joe is single issue Pro Life then that isn't evil.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I think the nation will collectively hold their breath from November 2020 to January 2021 if a Democrat wins. You might actually be able to hear a collective exhale when he leaves. Which I'm still convinced he will if he loses. Doesn't mean I won't be one of those holding their breath.
                            Remember: he's a coward. Dump's entire bit is he bluffs until he meets opposition; then he caves like a cheap lawn chair.

The danger is some of his psychos will hear his lying as a call to arms but even then it might not be the worst thing for them to Darwin themselves out of the republic.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Remember: he's a coward/ Dump's entire bit is he bluffs until he meets opposition; then he caves like a cheap lawn chair.
                              Exactly. I think he tucks tail and runs back to his gold and ivory tower.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Exactly. I think he tucks tail and runs back to his gold and ivory tower.
                                Before or after he's arrested by the SDNY?
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X