X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I kind of wish this kind of transgression would be ignored. It's sh##ty but there's so much worse to not let this be a distraction.
    Agreed.

Comment

I just ran that Graham video for about three minutes straight. Ahh that's a merry chuckle. I can't wait for that soundbite to be sampled into a song.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
        I just ran that Graham video for about three minutes straight. Ahh that's a merry chuckle. I can't wait for that soundbite to be sampled into a song.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I kind of wish this kind of transgression would be ignored. It's sh##ty but there's so much worse to not let this be a distraction.
          Sure, but I'm all for these sh*theads getting called out on everything.

Comment

About time the fascists get what they deserve. https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=12180

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Fascism: a form of radical, right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy, which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.
              So, the guy got what he deserved by having his hat stolen? One of these times you'll get it right.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I wish people would stop doing that. It's childish, makes you look as stupid as the righties, and justifies the "violent left" narrative that Trump, conservative media, and the MAGAts feed each other like human centipede.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  communism: a form of radical, left-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy, which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe..

people who throw around 'left' and 'right' wing are tiresome

unless now stalin and mao were right wing
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    people who throw around 'left' and 'right' wing are tiresome

unless now stalin and mao were right wing
                    There is something to the old image of the circle in which if you go too far left or right you meet around the bend on the Dark Side.

But the frightening and destructive extremism of Mao and Stalin and Hitler isn't political ideology, it's murderous means and sentiment. I want to meet the lunatic righty or lefty who is also a lunatic supporter of democracy. There is nothing inherently self-contradictory about those two attitudes -- they are on different axes. You can be far left or far right and also committed to non-violence, self-determination, democratic political means, and peace, love, and understanding in general. I mean... I am.

It's just that the far right and far left are tainted by the anti-democratic factions in their history because hundred million body counts leave a mark.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 05-02-2019, 03:22 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      But the frightening and destructive extremism of Mao and Stalin and Hitler isn't political ideology,.
                      political ideology is about getting people behind you. it is about getting control and leading (or dictating. six, or 1/2 dozen).

like chicoms aren't coms. they are just major shareholders in a capitalist system over which they fill the vacuum and sit as dictators.. sorta like tD will be for the next dozen odd years, except of course he doesn't OWN, he just acts like he does

wings don't meet, they expand. all they are now are identifiers for whomever it is you wish to mobilize against.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          political ideology is about getting people behind you. it is about getting control and leading (or dictating. six, or 1/2 dozen).

like chicoms aren't coms. they are just major shareholders in a capitalist system over which they fill the vacuum and sit as dictators.. sorta like tD will be for the next dozen odd years, except of course he doesn't OWN, he just acts like he does

wings don't meet, they expand. all they are now are identifiers for whomever it is you wish to mobilize against.
                          Left and right do exist. The fact that they are misused for cynical manipulation doesn't change that. Just like words still have meanings even though Dump uses them however he wants.

Now, left and right may be finally losing their relevance, which after a 200-year run isn't surprising. We may be moving on to a different political division -- one that's purely tribal and visceral and to do with culture rather than economics or theories of governmental power. The ethno-states of the early 20th C were like that already so maybe the First World just needed some time to catch up.

I don't see any uniting factor of the current quote "right" other than who they hate: liberals, immigrants, intellectuals, religious minorities, feminists. They are a coalition of resentment -- you even see it here where there's at least some attempt to dress it in ideology. The "left" still seems to have some unifying principles but more and more we are becoming a coalition of self-defense against the knife-wielders coming at our throats.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 05-02-2019, 08:22 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night.
                            That’s a great analogy
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Welp, the Democrats haven't aggressively responded to Barr's refusal to appear with a subpoena or anything. But, not to worry, they clowned him by bringing in some chicken.

Comment

People were busy during the Barr hearing

Comment

Working...
                                X