SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

@JeffCoxSports: Multiple sources telling me tonight that AIC head coach Eric Lang and Providence associate head coach Kris Mayotte will be on campus this upcoming week for interviews at St. Lawrence.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      @JeffCoxSports: Multiple sources telling me tonight that AIC head coach Eric Lang and Providence associate head coach Kris Mayotte will be on campus this upcoming week for interviews at St. Lawrence.
      That tweet has already been deleted and while calls are being made to both those coaches neither will be on campus this coming week.
      Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
        That tweet has already been deleted and while calls are being made to both those coaches neither will be on campus this coming week.
        It looks like Laing is on campus!! Plus NorthEastern Assoc Keefe--Who pulled himself already. Can this school conduct a proper search? Zero faith. Dirt bag Bob can't handle the big time.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
          It looks like Laing is on campus!! Plus NorthEastern Assoc Keefe--Who pulled himself already. Can this school conduct a proper search? Zero faith. Dirt bag Bob can't handle the big time.
          Whoa Kimosabe. Either you like the North Country or you don't. Some people (Keefe????) might love the amenities that the big city has to offer and if there is a Mrs. Keefe what employment opportunities are there for her. You take a look and realize that rural NNY is not your cup of tea.

I still think it will come down to Barr or Mayotte.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Whoa Kimosabe. Either you like the North Country or you don't. Some people (Keefe????) might love the amenities that the big city has to offer and if there is a Mrs. Keefe what employment opportunities are there for her. You take a look and realize that rural NNY is not your cup of tea.

I still think it will come down to Barr or Mayotte.
            That should have been vetted already! Any good Executive Search Consultant would have that done prior to him coming on SITE. I totally agree however, the location and compensation should have been vetted thoroughly. like i said, DBB will screw the search up. Also, bold prediction LOW BALL OFFER coming.

Comment

Dbb ?
              SLU65

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Lennon View Post
                Dbb ?
                Dirt Bag Bob as in the *** that runs the Athletic Department Bob Durocher! Worst AD at any school or college.

Comment

Dirt Bag Bob as in the *** that runs the Athletic Department Bob Durocher! Worst AD at any school or college.
                  You certainly are entitled to your opinion. Having known Bob for nearly 30 years I must disagree. Vitriol like yours is why many prefer a non contentious
                  Facebook page
                  SLU65

Comment

You certainly are entitled to your opinion. Having known Bob for nearly 30 years I must disagree. Vitriol like yours is why many prefer a non contentious
                    Facebook page
                    Good for you. I'm glad you know him. I do as well. You are entitled to your view as I am. Just like i feel he will screw this hire up like he has done in the past.

Comment

Good for you. I'm glad you know him. I do as well. You are entitled to your view as I am. Just like i feel he will screw this hire up like he has done in the past.
                      Appointments such as Tosh, Franco and Carvel aint exactly screwing things up. Referencing him as "DBB" doesnt move the discussion forward and encourages abandonment of this forum.
                      SLU65

Comment

Appointments such as Tosh, Franco and Carvel aint exactly screwing things up. Referencing him as "DBB" doesnt move the discussion forward and encourages abandonment of this forum.
                        Fact didn't Carvy start in 2012 and Franco and Bari in 2007? then didn't The AD start 2015. Maybe the SID has the wrong information on the dark web.

Where do we stand on the new coach for mens hockey?

Comment

Someone mentioned the coach will be offered a lowball amount. I am really curious as to what a lowball offer would be for a small liberal arts school like SLU where hockey is the big D1 dog on a small d3 campus. Off the top of my head, I would have to imagine that a lowball offer there would be 120g? Even if that is lowball, there are some great facilities that come with it and that money goes a long way in rural upstate NY. Can anyone venture a guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-Stone View Post
                            Someone mentioned the coach will be offered a lowball amount. I am really curious as to what a lowball offer would be for a small liberal arts school like SLU where hockey is the big D1 dog on a small d3 campus. Off the top of my head, I would have to imagine that a lowball offer there would be 120g? Even if that is lowball, there are some great facilities that come with it and that money goes a long way in rural upstate NY. Can anyone venture a guess?
                            Money does NOT go a long way up there. Things cost more to transport in, plus the high NYS tax rates. Housing costs are cheaper, but food, fuel costs more.

200K is about the going rate for a D1 coach. 150K would be a lowball.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-Stone View Post
                              My 2 cents 175-225K... But what also is just as important if not more is the Salary for the assistant Msg boards were saying Keefe (sp) from NorthEastern made more than many D1 Head Coaches as an Associate. Hence, why i think he passed.

Also I will add this from Mass salary site. Keep in mind this was 2018 so can only imagine up from here in 2019Both the Amherst and Lowell campuses boasted top tier men’s hockey programs by the end of 2018, and the two respective head coaches, Greg Carvel and Norm Bazin, were featured on the list.

Bazin, whose River Hawks are currently ranked 14th in the country, was the 16th highest earner in the state, earning over $464,000. In contrast, Carvel, who earned roughly $318,000 in 2018 and sat at 63rd on the list, has coached the Minutemen to the second place ranking team in the country, with brief periods in the top spot.
                              Last edited by wildcatcard; 04-18-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

My 2 cents 175-225K... But what also is just as important if not more is the Salary for the assistant Msg boards were saying Keefe (sp) from NorthEastern made more than many D1 Head Coaches as an Associate. Hence, why i think he passed.

Also I will add this from Mass salary site. Keep in mind this was 2018 so can only imagine up from here in 2019Both the Amherst and Lowell campuses boasted top tier men’s hockey programs by the end of 2018, and the two respective head coaches, Greg Carvel and Norm Bazin, were featured on the list.

Bazin, whose River Hawks are currently ranked 14th in the country, was the 16th highest earner in the state, earning over $464,000. In contrast, Carvel, who earned roughly $318,000 in 2018 and sat at 63rd on the list, has coached the Minutemen to the second place ranking team in the country, with brief periods in the top spot.
                                So if 175g is the assumed starrring point for negotiations st SLU, how much do you think Eric Lang is being paid at AIC? I know Atlantic Hockey is in the lower end of budget when it comes to how much schools spend on their programs. However they are getting much better so kudos to them. As much as I think Lang would be the right guy for this rebuild, I would feel terrible luring him away from AIC. He is an alumn and in 3 short years, turned that program from one of the worst in D1 for 20+ years into a legitimate contender and conference champion. They return almost everyone next season. I don’t know if AIC could ever get someone like Lang again. Their campus is one city block long and has 1500 students. If he can recruit there, the guy can recruit absolutely anywhere. I’m curious what his end game is. Does he want to keep climbing the ranks or does he want to turn AIC into the next Union, Umass Lowell, or Minnesota State? Finally, I also love having Carvel and Lang 30 minutes from each other. Both doing great things.

I have no skin in the game. I’m just a guy that loves an underdog like AIC but I have two sisters that went to SLU and want their alma mater competitive again.

Either way, the next SLU coach will have a fancy upgraded facility ready to dangle in front of recruits faces. Hopefully they can find a younger, new age coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X