Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    They have a right to say what they want to say.
    I don't like what they have to say.
    I ignore what they have to say.
    Shutting down what they have to say ignores a certain right in this country.

Who's the authoritarian now?
    You ignore it? Like when you post stuff from their Twitter feed about how they were attacked by Antifa?

That kind of ignore?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Seems everything he does turns to shyte.
      Last week in Pennsylvania, Trump said his 25% tariff on foreign imports has turned a “dead” business into a “thriving” enterprise.
      Domestic steel prices did rise in the immediate aftermath of Trump’s tariffs. But they have fallen dramatically amid improved supplies and weakening demand from the auto and farm machinery sectors.
      https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1V91XQ
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Seems everything he does turns to shyte.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1V91XQ
        Just noticing?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Just noticing?
          Train wreck you can't turn away from, as much as I've tried.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Holy hell. I didn’t realize it was this bad:

Domestic steel prices did rise in the immediate aftermath of Trump’s tariffs. But they have fallen dramatically amid improved supplies and weakening demand from the auto and farm machinery sectors.

Prices of hot-rolled coil are down nearly 37% from their 2018 peak.

U.S. Steel’s stock price has plunged 73% since March 1, 2018, when Trump announced his decision to crack down on foreign imports.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Yes he does...that some around here wilfully don't read what he writes proves he has a case.

The Groupthink around here is strong. I say that as someone who agrees with it 99% of the time.

Of course I am a Warmongering Conservadem so what do I know
              I read every word. No one is group thinking with me.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It shouldn't take economy performance to get him unelected, but it probably will.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Yes he does...that some around here wilfully don't read what he writes proves he has a case.
                  Not in this specific case and I give Rube plenty of rope on the whole. Yes there are times I read responses to him that don't make sense but that's missing the forest for the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    They have a right to say what they want to say.
                    I don't like what they have to say.
                    I ignore what they have to say.
                    Shutting down what they have to say ignores a certain right in this country.

Who's the authoritarian now?
                    Do they? When they spout that they want to kill or maim specific people because of who they are? And people are actually following up on that?

That's like screaming fire in a crowded theater, which the last time I checked, was NOT legal to do.

Not sure why it takes direct aim on your friends and family to do *something* to stop people like this... But it sure seems like it will take that. Thankfully, we have the antifa who are fighting to keep other people safe and alive....

People like you defend are going out of their way to scare and intimidate people based on who they are, and you sit back and pretend that it's ok that they do that. Yay for progress.

Free speech comes with consequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Do they? When they spout that they want to kill or maim specific people because of who they are? And people are actually following up on that?

That's like screaming fire in a crowded theater, which the last time I checked, was NOT legal to do.

Not sure why it takes direct aim on your friends and family to do *something* to stop people like this... But it sure seems like it will take that. Thankfully, we have the antifa who are fighting to keep other people safe and alive....

People like you defend are going out of their way to scare and intimidate people based on who they are, and you sit back and pretend that it's ok that they do that. Yay for progress.

I strongly agree with this. It’s horrible for the people that fall for it and even worse for our country.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

The courts have held that people can say that they want to kill somebody so long as the intent is not to actually incite murder. I think the Alt-Right are using loophole much too liberally. If anybody were to die after something like one of those speeches, I would like to see some state open up its murder/murder conspiracy laws to include people on the radio/internet/bully pulpit/soapbox casually tossing out such rhetoric to their listeners. They'd have to write it so that it works within those limitations already in place on the 1st Amendment.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          The courts have held that people can say that they want to kill somebody so long as the intent is not to actually incite murder. I think the Alt-Right are using loophole much too liberally. If anybody were to die after something like one of those speeches, I would like to see some state open up its murder/murder conspiracy laws to include people on the radio/internet/bully pulpit/soapbox casually tossing out such rhetoric to their listeners. They'd have to write it so that it works within those limitations already in place on the 1st Amendment.
                          That's the same BS excuse that people like Palin hid behind when her BS got Gabby Gifford shot. People DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD TO DO. You don't wake up one morning hating people, you have to be taught that. And then taught that it's ok to take their lives, as they are worthless.

I know that people are managing to take many of these groups to civil court and getting some money out of them- so they are not going totally free.

But the idea that it's ok to tell other people that it's ok to kill someone just because of who they are is nuts. I will never defend that kind of BS.

What's even scarier right now is that the MAGA term is being used as an intimidation weapon. And the people who started it hide behind "oh they are the crazy ones" as if they have no responsibility in the situation.

How is it that people like dumpy can get all over people and personal responsibility when they are struggling to survive on a crappy job (but are still working), and yet when you go and call them names so that people shoot them, that's not your responsibility????

And when is it that someone finally stands up to him and stops giving him money for his BS separation of this country?

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa why aren’t the master race of trump supporters taking these jobs??

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...or-guatemalans

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              The Groupthink around here is strong.
                              There are moments of it but if you want to see the real thing go on Kos or Freep or the Gawker family or pretty much anywhere else.

This place is very good about parsing individual responses, concentrating on the argument, and not allowing trigger words to ruin debate. The few times we have had newbies come in and display those rhetorical tricks we have either driven them off or taught them how to argue with honesty and clarity.

The reason I've posted 60k times here is that this is a good sandbox to hone arguments to take into the Real World (TM). That would not be possible if this was rife with groupthink or the ritual auto de fe you see on most sites.

98% of the time if massive numbers of posters come down on somebody it's because they are being either a naif or a knave.

For the record I do not think Rube's OP warranted the "bs" dismissal. Rube is wrong in his general strategy of citing concerns which have been deployed by the Nazis to protect themselves, for reasons I tub thumped at length about, but (1) he's trying and (2) in that post he was saying something which seems to me to be quite true. "bs" should be reserved for the posters who are being actively duplicitous.

I think Rube is doing the best he can to say "don't become the thing you are fighting." This is always a legitimate concern. Where Rube fails is:

1. the disproportionality of the two things he is contrasting, and

2. that only Nixon can go to China and that The Warning can only be delivered by a true believer with unquestioned bona fides, not by a fence-sitter. dx and French Rage can say to us "when you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back." Rube and you can't.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 08-20-2019, 09:25 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                                It shouldn't take economy performance to get him unelected, but it probably will.
                                Unless it isn’t his fault
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X