X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train.
    NO not really...it is "IF" your the two Alaska hockey Programs {UAA & UAF}

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train.
      Well, yeah... Just trying to be sanguine for a change.

If Red is renewed, the sky will look green to me, but even more illogical things have happened (globally) ln the past few years, so who knows.

Assuming he's put out to pasture, it would be nice if the cupboard wasn't completely bare for his replacement.

Right now, it doesn't look to be an insurmountable re-build. Red hasn't won much, but he hasn't totally destroyed the program, especially in the context of this modern era of parity.

If Maine had had 3-4 more decent forwards last year, I truly believe that the Bears would have had a shot at the NCAA's.

Time to bring-in someone who can recruit just a little.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-02-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Well, yeah... Just trying to be sanguine for a change.

If Red is renewed, the sky will look green to me, but even more illogical things have happened (globally) ln the past few years, so who knows.

Assuming he's put out to pasture, it would be nice if the cupboard wasn't completely bare for his replacement.

Right now, it doesn't look to be an insurmountable re-build. Red hasn't won much, but he hasn't totally destroyed the program, especially in the context of this modern era of parity.

If Maine had had 3-4 more decent forwards last year, I truly believe that the Bears would have had a shot at the NCAA's.

Recruiting is KEY...and also a hard sell at times for Maine...especially when your not winning or playing for some type of Hardware...but I look at UML's Norm Bazin, and he does well at UML....his recruits are never the TOP elite types...oh he has a few here and there...but what he does, and does well at is he gets the MOST out of his talent and the players...they play HARD FOR HIM. His players fits his system and understand that he's in charge.....

Comment

I'm not convinced that the leadership(aka staff) could lead a horse to water let alone get it to drink.

I'm guessing there will be no more talk about the Red Sox after the last couple days so we have that going for us
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I'm not convinced that the leadership(aka staff) could lead a horse to water let alone get it to drink.

I'm guessing there will be no more talk about the Red Sox after the last couple days so we have that going for us
            That's why the "STAFF" needs to head to the EXIT following this season...and for the Red Sox chatter will be negative after this weekend in the Bronx....World Series Hangover and truthfully there are better teams in the American League then Boston this season...

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Been obvious since about Christmas of 2014 but we’re the jerks for saying so on the internet.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                That's why the "STAFF" needs to head to the EXIT following this season...and for the Red Sox chatter will be negative after this weekend in the Bronx....World Series Hangover and truthfully there are better teams in the American League then Boston this season...
                The Maine LLWS team has looked better than have the Sox during the dumpster-fire that was this past week.

Oh well, last year was a nearly-perfect season, and I really don't see anyone getting past Houston in the AL, anyway. The Astros have pitching coming out of their ears, to put it politely.

Comment

As long as they hammer the Yankees again next week, yes.
                  OOOPS.......and how does that seem to be working out for ya!

Comment

The Maine LLWS team has looked better than have the Sox during the dumpster-fire that was this past week.

Oh well, last year was a nearly-perfect season, and I really don't see anyone getting past Houston in the AL, anyway. The Astros have pitching coming out of their ears, to put it politely.
                    Yes the Astros have a pitching Staff in place that will be a hard play...but HOW IN THE HECK do the Yankees keep plugging along...I mean there starting Staff is nothing to write home about...but if they can get 5 strong innings then their Bullpen is hard to beat...plus it seems everyone on the team is hurt or gets hurt but they just put someone in the lineup and they don't miss a beat...they play as a together team...they have the magic. Come Playoff time we shall see if it's their season....and this is from a NON Yankee or Red Sox fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      Yes the Astros have a pitching Staff in place that will be a hard play...but HOW IN THE HECK do the Yankees keep plugging along...I mean there starting Staff is nothing to write home about...but if they can get 5 strong innings then their Bullpen is hard to beat...plus it seems everyone on the team is hurt or gets hurt but they just put someone in the lineup and they don't miss a beat...they play as a together team...they have the magic. Come Playoff time we shall see if it's their season....and this is from a NON Yankee or Red Sox fan...
                      You hit the nail, IMO.

NY starters aren't lights-out, but the 'pen is miles deep, and those bastids score runs.

I'm OK with the Sox falling by the wayside this year (last season was absolutely awesome, why be greedy?), but I'll eat my tennis shorts on Main St. before I say anything nice about the Yank-me's.

Houston should have won it all last year, and I expect them get it right this year. Absolutely loaded with great pitching.

Comment

New volunteer assist coach. Sounds to have some good experience. Cant hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          New volunteer assist coach. Sounds to have some good experience. Cant hurt.
                          Sounds like he is overqualified for the job. Imagine he will be a good working with defensemen.

Comment

I see the roster is posted. Dont know when it came out.
                            29 including goalies and 10? incoming "freshmen".
                            Last edited by NorthMike; 08-12-2019, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              I personally don't think Greenway should be listed as a freshman

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                                Did not see it on goblackbears.com?

Comment

Working...
                                X