Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by vicious View Post
    Kasdorf's save percentage over the last three games (QU, Colgate, Cornell) is .956. Good thing he's playing some of the best hockey of his career right now, because superhuman goaltending is keeping us in these games.
    I agree, without him and the post, last night could have been ugly for you guys. He was certainly the difference.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
      Kasdorf's save percentage over the last three games (QU, Colgate, Cornell) is .956. Good thing he's playing some of the best hockey of his career right now, because superhuman goaltending is keeping us in these games.
      I have followed RPI hockey for over 50 years. I never felt that statistics alone tell the story about a goaltender. We have fellows win many more games,have fewer losses, etc. But you always have to take into account the team playing in front of him and especially the defensemen. i will stick to and defend my previous statement made weeks ago. He is the total package and the best goaltender I have seen at RPI. He exerts a control over the game and often slows the tempo at crucial times for us. He knows when to try to freeze the puck and buy us time. is he the best puckhandler? is he the best at roaming behind the net to stop pucks from swinging around? Do all the rebounds he gives up head in the right direction? No to all three. But of everyone I have seen here, if I was to pick the guy that i want in goal for me against anyone, on any given night, for the most important game, I pick Jason. What you just posted as his save percentage just adds to my feelings.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

NCAA Silver Anniversary Award interview with Joe Juneau https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivqd...hhAngNcRzvyD8F.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I have followed RPI hockey for over 50 years. I never felt that statistics alone tell the story about a goaltender. We have fellows win many more games,have fewer losses, etc. But you always have to take into account the team playing in front of him and especially the defensemen. i will stick to and defend my previous statement made weeks ago. He is the total package and the best goaltender I have seen at RPI. He exerts a control over the game and often slows the tempo at crucial times for us. He knows when to try to freeze the puck and buy us time. is he the best puckhandler? is he the best at roaming behind the net to stop pucks from swinging around? Do all the rebounds he gives up head in the right direction? No to all three. But of everyone I have seen here, if I was to pick the guy that i want in goal for me against anyone, on any given night, for the most important game, I pick Jason. What you just posted as his save percentage just adds to my feelings.
          I go back to the Ian Harrison days and I'm with you here. Kasdorf plays with a ton of poise and confidence no matter what the opponent or situation (he looked terrific all game last night). He's a big game goalie. As Schroeder said in the paper, he gives the team a lot of confidence. There is no doubt about that. My point was more that he's winning games that a lot of other goalies would lose and is keeping this team in the hunt in late January. QU threw everything they had at him, including pulling Garteig on the late third period PP to give a full two minute 6 x 4 and he still gave his team a chance to win. I think the quality of his play has helped offset the impact of the injuries and sparse offense. Otherwise 2nd place would be well out of reach. I also think it means we need him to keep it up.

Comment

i truly hate that we have a meaningless game to play next. A game that cannot help us in the league, in the PWR, or gain us any real stature and national attention. it can , however, leave us with another injury, a lower rpi number, and give momentum to one of the teams trying to put their season back together. Here is a vote to either have this game as our first game of the season (i wish it was just an exhibition game) or cancel the darn thin altogether. I am sure they can come up with some other way to play a weekend that matters more and means something (hint-having an RPI Invitational tournament with 4 teams over two days like we did for 60 years might make a lot more sense). JMHO
            This is crap.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I was looking at the box score for Zalewski's game yesterday. http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020693

He won 71% of his draws. We could use that.
              I posted on the In the Pros thread, but thought I'd throw it here ... Vancouver Sun article on Z's debut. He centered the line with 1st rounder Virtanen ....not a bad gig for your first night under the lights ! GO Z !!

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/m...315/story.html
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Fyp

Originally posted by red cloud View Post
                this is crap: However, if we continue to play hard and get results against our other opponents, as much as there are many factors we can't control, we can do what we can to strengthen our position.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                  Turk, thanks for posting this interview. Listening to the coach and players, you get a real sense of the grit and effort involved in this game and an appreciation for what the team is trying to accomplish this season. Keep it up, guys!
                  Great effort last night -- glad I made the trip to witness it. Doc summed it up, we got better and better as the game wore on. Made the tying goal that much harder to accept...but Q is a great team and ground out a gutsy tie - tip of the cap to both squads. " On to Union..." as the Hoodie would say. GO RED !!!
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    This is crap.
                    Maybe for you but it is my crap and truly hope you are right and we do not suffer from playing this meaningless game. Personally I would rather we be playing some highly rated PWR team from the Midwest or West that could possibly help our national standing. But everyone is entitled to think the way they want.

Comment

i truly hate that we have a meaningless game to play next. A game that cannot help us in the league, in the PWR, or gain us any real stature and national attention. it can , however, leave us with another injury, a lower rpi number, and give momentum to one of the teams trying to put their season back together. Here is a vote to either have this game as our first game of the season (i wish it was just an exhibition game) or cancel the darn thin altogether. I am sure they can come up with some other way to play a weekend that matters more and means something (hint-having an RPI Invitational tournament with 4 teams over two days like we did for 60 years might make a lot more sense). JMHO
                      Maybe have two games in Albany on the same day, with Onion hosting one and RPI the other? or let each school alternate as host every other year? I agree that neither team seems to have much to gain from a non-league game against each other every season.
                      Last edited by FreshFish; 01-22-2016, 03:31 PM.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        I agree that neither team seems to have much to gain from a non-league game against each other every season.
                        Yep, that split of 8,700 ticket sales must really suck.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

On to more important things, since there's ALOT of negativity on the board lately, even though RPI is in second in the league and greatly exceeding everyone's expectations. What is the Engineer "cheering section" for this weekend's games? I admit, I don't know as much as I should about this.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Maybe for you but it is my crap and truly hope you are right and we do not suffer from playing this meaningless game. Personally I would rather we be playing some highly rated PWR team from the Midwest or West that could possibly help our national standing. But everyone is entitled to think the way they want.
                            Have you ever been to a Mayor's Cup game? If not, I caution you strongly against calling it "meaningless."
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Have you ever been to a Mayor's Cup game? If not, I caution you strongly against calling it "meaningless."
                              Perhaps a bit of a bit too strong a choice of words for me as i am sure there are plenty of people interested. But i find the positives of playing this game far outweighed by some of the negatives (at least at this time). Attendance is a factor that shows interest at least from fans, but this year we are a borderline NCAA tournament team and this is a risk that I wish we were not taking.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                On to more important things, since there's ALOT of negativity on the board lately, even though RPI is in second in the league and greatly exceeding everyone's expectations. What is the Engineer "cheering section" for this weekend's games? I admit, I don't know as much as I should about this.
                                We got our tickets at the Field House back in November and our seats are in 104.

Comment

Working...
                                X