Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    Did Atlanta, Miami and Phoenix all get Frozen Four that I missed? Go back to sleep.
    ummm, ever heard of sarcasm?

Comment

I think it'd be a great location. There's a lot to do there, Memphis would be a short drive(except for Northeasterners) for the off day, new location, and easy to get to. I'm still waiting for the Fargodome Frozen Four!

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
        I think it'd be a great location. There's a lot to do there, Memphis would be a short drive(except for Northeasterners) for the off day, new location, and easy to get to. I'm still waiting for the Fargodome Frozen Four!
        With the way Fargo deals with floods, they'll be able to host for a number of years. They won't even have to bring in water since the Cowdome will be flooded again.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          With the way Fargo deals with floods, they'll be able to host for a number of years. They won't even have to bring in water since the Cowdome will be flooded again.
          Would it be the first "Green" Frozen Four?

Comment

The Frozen Four is now a contractual sellout (16,000+) no matter where you host it - it doesn't matter if the locals come out or not since most tickets are pre-sold to die hard travelling fans from around the country.

Comment

I like the idea. It's a fun town for sure and the arena is surrounded by establishments that would cater to those fans who fully enjoy tournament mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                The Frozen Four is now a contractual sellout (16,000+) no matter where you host it - it doesn't matter if the locals come out or not since most tickets are pre-sold to die hard travelling fans from around the country.
                And all those traveling fans make for a very happy host city because it means thousands of hotel rooms, thousands of meals, thousands of drinks, rented cars, museum and entertainment tickets sold, and so on.

Local interest helps, but the real benefit to the host city is in the traveling fandom.
                UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                  Hick? Have you ever been to Nashville?
                  Yes, I have. I would rather not go back.
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sXwWyAJT334&start=49&end=61">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sXwWyAJT334&start=49&end=61" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'm for it, just because one person has been there and doesn't like, doesn't make a it a bad city. It's not Cleveland.
                      Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                        I'm not against spreading the game to untapped markets, I just think you should have a Division 1 college hockey team within 500 miles of you as a prerequisite for hosting such a prestigious event.
                        Huntsville is about 120 miles away.
                        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                        2006 Time Person of the Year
                        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Memphis is four hours from Nashville and is only nominally in the same state.
                          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                          2006 Time Person of the Year
                          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                            I'm not against spreading the game to untapped markets, I just think you should have a Division 1 college hockey team within 500 miles of you as a prerequisite for hosting such a prestigious event.
                            So I'm guessing that you failed geography...I count at least five NCAA D-I teams (Ohio State, Miami, Notre Dame, Bowling Green and Alabama-Huntsville within that radius.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                              Memphis is four hours from Nashville and is only nominally in the same state.
                              Not bad at all...Head out Friday morning, head back Saturday morning....May not be enough time for the New Englanders though...They'd have to spend the night halfway.

Comment

Not bad at all...Head out Friday morning, head back Saturday morning....May not be enough time for the New Englanders though...They'd have to spend the night halfway.
                                I'd rather take Friday and drive north to Kentucky and do the Bourbon Trail.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X