Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS bumped me out of the app - and when I tried to sign back in I couldn’t because they’ve archived the sign in link as if the game is already over (this happened with 6+ minutes left)...

That said - I missed the last penalty, but ‘roughing’ with two mins left in a one goal game raises a lot of questions. So, what happened?

EDIT: I see CTH has been added to the description so maybe it was accidental contact and a bad break.
    Last edited by Dan; 11-16-2019, 08:30 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Overrrr-tiiiiime!

I was at Alfond for the two ties that Ty Rone pitched in January 2018.

Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        CBS bumped me out of the app - and when I tried to sign back in I couldn’t because they’ve archived the sign in link as if the game is already over (this happened with 6+ minutes left)...

That said - I missed the last penalty, but ‘roughing’ with two mins left in a one goal game raises a lot of questions. So, what happened?

EDIT: I see CTH has been added to the description so maybe it was accidental contact and a bad break.
        Absolute stonewall penalty, as dumb as you will ever see.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Either way it costs them. As does a second consecutive one goal effort on offense...

Tonight’s goal was on the PP and last night’s was just after a penalty expired - so essentially this was an entire weekend without either a 5x5 goal or a single goal from anyone other than UNH’s top-six goal scorers...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

CBS bumped me out of the app - and when I tried to sign back in I couldn’t because they’ve archived the sign in link as if the game is already over (this happened with 6+ minutes left)...

He went up high with the stick to the grill. No doubt it was obvious penalty.

Comment

Captain Anthony “Not Very” Wyse.

Comment

• 7 penalties.... It was a great game overall but well our work is cut out for us scoring wise. Hats off to Maine onto MI. Sighhhh
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

The song remains the same.

Nothing has changed with this team.
                  THEY. STILL. CAN'T. FINISH.
                  THEY. TAKE. DUMB. PENALTIES. AT. CRUCIAL. MOMENTS. OF. THE. GAME.

What a ****ty weekend for UNH sports.
                  [(Ok...congrats to Mens soccer team for winning the AE title....but uh, that was kind of expected)

Enjoy the LONG ride home, Captain Tony....
                  UNH

Comment

Anthony Wyse with a not-so-wise, totally avoidable penalty with just over 2 minutes left, leads to the game-tying goal. In OT, Max Gildon loses his man in transition, who nets the winner at the goalmouth.

Disappointing when your captain and your best player come up short when it mattered most.

It's a long season, hopefully this will be one of those learning moments for the program.

Thought it was interesting, seeing UMaine celebrating so enthusiastically. Then again, in moments like that, it's hard not to get excited, and if UNH had done the same to them, at the Whitt, I'm sure they'd have been pretty pumped. If nothing else, it shows the hunger exists there (as it does here) for a return to the big time. Maybe we can let someone else be "Champs of November".
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Dan's pre-weekend goal-scoring analysis - timely and spot-on.

Was absolutely a penalty. Can’t believe we put ourselves in that position
                      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Either way it costs them. As does a second consecutive one goal effort on offense...

Tonight’s goal was on the PP and last night’s was just after a penalty expired - so essentially this was an entire weekend without either a 5x5 goal or a single goal from anyone other than UNH’s top-six goal scorers...
                        Meanwhile - Maine received one goal each from its three big guns but also two first goals of the year in last night’s first and tonight’s winner. It would have been a very different weekend if a couple Wildcats had managed their first of the year...
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                          Dan's pre-weekend goal-scoring analysis - timely and spot-on.

Was absolutely a penalty. Can’t believe we put ourselves in that position
                          Stating the obvious, but your captain can’t be taking penalties in the last 2-3 minutes of a one goal game. Stating the obvious redux, you aren’t going to win many games on the road, let alone at Alfond, scoring once per game. Really, I never thought I’d see this day in UNH Hockey. Can anyone make a play in the offensive zone?

Advance scouting report. I watched the Michigan-MSU game Thursday night and, frankly, UM is not very good. They’re big, but slow, prone to giveaways in their own zone and their goalie gave up two very bad goals. And to top it off, they had a 3-1 lead at home and lost 4-3. But notice, they did score three goals. Can UNH match that effort?

Comment

Agreed, cannot pin this OT loss on lack of depth scoring. Pathetic. Bad coaching; no discipline. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                              Stating the obvious, but your captain can’t be taking penalties in the last 2-3 minutes of a one goal game. Stating the obvious redux, you aren’t going to win many games on the road, let alone at Alfond, scoring once per game. Really, I never thought I’d see this day in UNH Hockey. Can anyone make a play in the offensive zone?

Advance scouting report. I watched the Michigan-MSU game Thursday night and, frankly, UM is not very good. They’re big, but slow, prone to giveaways in their own zone and their goalie gave up two very bad goals. And to top it off, they had a 3-1 lead at home and lost 4-3. But notice, they did score three goals. Can UNH match that effort?
                              Nope.

Hate to say it, but the Wolverines will sweep next weekend if our scoring anemia doesn't change.
                              UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                                If Michigan wasn’t a brand name, they’d have very little going for them. They’re bad. Talk about goal scoring problems - they did get three versus MSU (through two periods before blanking the next four) but they are averaging under 2 G/GM for the season and have only scored more than two goals once in their last seven games (more than one goal just twice in that span). For the season, they’ve scored zero or one goal in eight of their 12 outings and removing a weekend outburst of eight goals versus defensively challenged (understatement) Lake State, Michigan has scored 1.5 goals per game over their other ten contests. Their PP is hitting at only 11.8%...

UNH has had their offensive struggles - and this weekend was dismal. However, nearly UM’s entire season has looked like UNH’s weekend.

Unlike UNH they have no truly dangerous talent offensively - with the possible exception of Will Lockwood (who can’t catch a break in the health department and has missed three straight games). At this stage in their careers UM’s two top scorers, are really hard skating third liners - on a top team, at least; they’re young and gritty, but for now, not offensively gifted. That’s probably why BOTH are Bruins draft picks...

Defensively they’ve been solid - but outside of Western Michigan they’ve yet to play a team that was scoring more than UNH or had an equivalent PP (that is before UNH dipped, this weekend). Their goaltender is tiny and athletic, but hardly elite, and entirely dependent on how they play in front of him. UNH’s better players should be able to get him moving and they, as well as the PP, should have much more success next weekend...

Michigan’s PK is allowing goals 20% of the time overall and 30% of the time in their last six games. Maine’s PK is really strong. UNH should be much better on the advantage against UM - which is what they need right now, of course...

I’d expect UNH to bounce back - especially if Pierson can go - and frankly, any losses to UM would be disappointing. I’d be willing to bet UNH gets at least five or six goals next weekend and Robinson and the D should be able to handle UMs best efforts well enough. Three to four points and send them home...

UNH had a split in their grasp and could have easily played better against ME - but the Bears proved a bad match-up with their size and physicality (and UNH failed to adjust as needed). The game will open up much more next weekend...
                                Last edited by Dan; 11-16-2019, 11:21 PM.
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X