This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    For a second I thought you meant Carrie Fisher and I was super impressed that you were talking to the dead...

I haven't seen the new Mary Poppins yet - though I love Lin-Manuel. I'm so far behind on watching movies that I want to see...
    🤣🤣
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Not gonna lie, "The Kitchen" intrigues me solely based on the leads.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        Two things:

1. I had to make sure this wasn't the TV thread. Because I'd be judging you right now.
        2. You lost me at Melissa McCarthy. She's done one thing well: Spicer.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          2. You lost me at Melissa McCarthy. She's done one thing well: Spicer.
          "Spy". Don't get me wrong, she's had her share of crap, but it's usually in spite of her because she was at the "take any script that passed in front of you because $$$ is $$$" phase most people seem to get into once they hit it big.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            "Spy". Don't get me wrong, she's had her share of crap, but it's usually in spite of her because she was at the "take any script that passed in front of you because $$$ is $$$" phase most people seem to get into once they hit it big.
            IIRC most of the "crap" is stuff she works on with her husband. She was awesome in Spy and she showed real range in Can You Ever Forgive Me.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Spy was good. It's the only thing I've ever seen her in. Her movies are almost always a Hard No based on the trailer.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Welp.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This isn't terrible and I hope the full movie is as awesome as this trailer.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Not terrible. The flight sequences might make it worth seeing even if the plot is as lame as Battleship.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Jenny's Wedding. About a lesbian daughter who comes out to her parents, asks her family for a big wedding, and the parents freak out.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        The trailer looks good too! Last September I was in LA for the Emmys. I was getting my nails done and Margo Martindale sits down next to me! We started chatting and she told me she had just finished filming a movie with Melissa McCarthy and Tiffany Haddish and I was like wow! That movie sounds hysterical! Totally forgot about it till I saw a tweet with the trailer and thought “that doesn’t look like a comedy!” I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

It's the 90's all over again. CATS, Top Gun, and now:

Jay and Silent Bob (Reboot)

*Yes, I'm well aware that Top Gun was '86, JaSB was 2001, and CATS debuted in 81. But CATS and Top Gun were still popular in the 90's, and Kevin Smith was just getting going with his Askew-Universe.
                          Last edited by aparch; 07-18-2019, 07:20 PM.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            It's the 90's all over again. CATS, Top Gun, and now:

Jay and Silent Bob (Reboot)

*Yes, I'm well aware that Top Gun was '86, JaSB was 2001, and CATS debuted in 81. But CATS and Top Gun were still popular in the 90's, and Kevin Smith was just getting going with his Askew-Universe.
                            I'm intrigued by this. I'm hoping that it works on multiple levels. Should have simple, slapstick type jokes running parallel to deep commentary on the current state of Hollywood....
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              The trailer looks good too! Last September I was in LA for the Emmys. I was getting my nails done and Margo Martindale sits down next to me! We started chatting and she told me she had just finished filming a movie with Melissa McCarthy and Tiffany Haddish and I was like wow! That movie sounds hysterical! Totally forgot about it till I saw a tweet with the trailer and thought “that doesn’t look like a comedy!” I’m looking forward to seeing it.
                              Yeah Margo Martindale is always good too. Don't get me wrong, it could suck, but I like the idea of Melissa McCarthy in it, seeing if Tiffany Haddish can do drama, and we get to see more of Elizabeth Moss always frowning.

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZtdGfYOfpE

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X