Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

I too will take the 3 points this weekend and agree the Cadet's played a better game on Sat than they did Friday night. Still can't figure out the scoring issue, the shots are there, the set ups are there, what is making the big difference? I guess maybe it is true that all the teams in the NEHC have improved greatly and we are certainly seeing more blocked shots and very nice defensive play by our opponents. I still say the passing game could be improved, sometimes the guys pass so hard the puck reception is out of control. Most of our games we have dominated play which brings up a point that I think all can agree upon. Norwich does not give up and they don't run out of gas. That's the reason why this team can recover a game in the third period. I really felt like that was the decider in the NEC game.

Speaking of Maxime Borduas, what is the chance we will see him soon? Miss watching him play. Also what is the scope with Adam Mercer, he has a lot of potential, or at least it seemed that way last season.

Keep hustling Cadet's, your conditioning and desire will always make the difference.
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
      In no way am I trying to be negative; this team only has TWO losses (none to anyone outside of VT)!
      To me, that's the worst part. I know, I know, it's worse to lose league games. But I'd rather lose a league game than lose to Middlebury. The rivalry may have been a little slow, but in no way do I think Norwich is going to be a Top 5 team for decades and decades and Middlebury is going to maintain mediocrity. Even Alabama football has down periods. Point being, let's pile up the wins against the Panthers while we can.

Maybe Castleton was due one...
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Great PP tonight guys and an overall good game. Jordan Hall takes a "licking but kept on ticking"! Can someone explain to me how Felix Brassard got a goal with an assist to himself? Did he pass it off the boards to himself??? I don't doubt that it can occur b/c Pres was the score keeper, (I think), however, I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Never mind, I guess it was a mistake b/c it has already been changed to credit Downs and Chicione which was who I suspected should have been given the assists. Thanks anyway.
        Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 01-24-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Well that was a gutsy effort in the final five minutes to add the extra insurance goal and then block 10 shots in a span of three minutes with that group completely gassed on the ice for probably a full two minute shift.

Aubrun gets his sixth shutout of the season and the 12th of his career to tie Braeden Ostepchuk for the most in program history.

Five straight wins vs. Hobart and a huge four-point weekend sweep to keep Babson 4 points down (Babo has played one less game) heading into a huge showdown with the Beavers on Friday night down there.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Well that was a gutsy effort in the final five minutes to add the extra insurance goal and then block 10 shots in a span of three minutes with that group completely gassed on the ice for probably a full two minute shift.

Aubrun gets his sixth shutout of the season and the 12th of his career to tie Braeden Ostepchuk for the most in program history.

Five straight wins vs. Hobart and a huge four-point weekend sweep to keep Babson 4 points down (Babo has played one less game) heading into a huge showdown with the Beavers on Friday night down there.
            Just got home from the Game
            Could this have been the most complete game played all year long?
            Steve Day(NU71)
            Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
              Just got home from the Game
              Could this have been the most complete game played all year long?
              NEC home win was pretty good too and first game vs. UNE but yeah, id say those are top 3 for sure.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Have I ever mentioned that besides never giving up, the Cadets are extremely tough and BRAVE! Wow, that was some game and I am sure there are some bruised bodies in the training room tonight...Jack Griffen for one. Hope everyone is okay.

Very good offensive play, best I have seen in awhile, and the defense...Aubrun played his heart out and the rest of the team blocked as many shots as they could while not giving an inch to any Hobart player to get near to the blue ice.

Well deserved wins this weekend and a critical 4 points on top of that. Keep it up next weekend guys, I am liking the trend of hard fought wins you are giving us.

Comment

On the road the Cadets blanked UMB 5-0 to maintain a 4 point lead over Babson, who'll we'll see tomorrow.
                  Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                    On the road the Cadets blanked UMB 5-0 to maintain a 4 point lead over Babson, who'll we'll see tomorrow.
                    It was a good win, as they all are this time of year!

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                      It was a good win, as they all are this time of year!
                      Cadets get atleast a point tonight they’ll put themselves in a great spot to wrap up #1 seed for playoffs. They’d be 4 points up on Babson with 3 games left to Babson’s 4 and would hold tiebreaker.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Just win baby, don't go into the game willing to accept a tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                          Just win baby, don't go into the game willing to accept a tie.
                          If you think any of the players or coaching staff give two craps about what I or anyone else says on this board, you’re sadly mistaken.

I don’t think Coach Ellsworth is making his game plan around the fact I said getting at least a tie tonight would be beneficial in trying to lock up home ice.

Simply providing context to how the playoff race is shaping up.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            If you think any of the players or coaching staff give two craps about what I or anyone else says on this board, you’re sadly mistaken.

I don’t think Coach Ellsworth is making his game plan around the fact I said getting at least a tie tonight would be beneficial in trying to lock up home ice.

Simply providing context to how the playoff race is shaping up.
                            Yep
                            Big 4 POINT Game
                            Steve Day(NU71)
                            Go Cadets

Comment

Big 2nd by Norwich in which they seemed to be playing against the refs as well....honestly some pathetic calls and non-calls there. Keep it going Cadets, finish them off in the 3rd!

Comment

4-0 final for the Cadets on the road, pretty much locks up the home ice advantage throughout the conference playoffs. But what is the deal with Castleton? They're a mediocre team that comes up big against the top teams, took Babson to OT early this season and played Hobart, UMB, and Norwich tough, (beating the Cadets at home). If they stay ahead of Suffolk for the final playoff spot it will make things interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X