X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
    For you, I'll make an exception. But not here.
    And I thought you and I were special friends, I'm so hurt now....

Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
      RIT had an opportunity to host. Actually two: Wednesday and Saturday of last week.
      Yes, I was thinking about that too...but chose not to write it. Of course they had their opportunity but because they didn’t take advantage of it that shouldn’t mean the team should be subjected to playing their playoff games on a Wednesday, days before the other series begin. Its just not a good look for Atlantic Hockey. The RIT players may be good with it or might be asked not to say anything but as fans of the team we want to see the team be afforded the same opportunities that the other teams in the league are afforded.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Webster is booked. Here's the venue... I watched the women's team play a game there against another D-III school back in the day. Almost got hit by a puck standing by the blue line! 🙃

https://www.playlandice.com/

Their women's team plays at another rink, that may be where they are playing!
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
          This explains....everything.
          Missing his glasses and fake mustache (for those who remember him as the ejected Mets skipper wearing a disguise in the dugout).
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

At least if RIT wins this series, they get a couple extra days of rest before the semi-finals? (trying to be positive here...)
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

It might help a bit that RIT is on Spring Break next week while Sacred Heart has classes. It is obvious that Atlantic Hockey is focused on the student part of student-athlete.
              Scott Biggar
              WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
              Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                At least if RIT wins this series, they get a couple extra days of rest before the semi-finals? (trying to be positive here...)
                This will benefit whomever wins the series to get extra rest as they likely play AIC in the semifinals. If I were an AIC player - I would be more upset about that.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                  If that’s the case that’s an embarrassment. Why would RIT even agree to that? Maybe RIT’s injured players will be ready by the weekend but not before.. Oh well, too bad?
                  I would not be surprised if RIT objected. However, if the league stepped in because of Sacred Heart's lack of rink availability and stated these were when the games could be played. Imagine the mess if one team had to play this weekend and then have to play this series.
                  If I was the AD of SHU I’d reach out to RIT and in the interest of fairness ask if the Pioneers could play at RIT where Sacred Heart has already enjoyed success this year.
                  If I were AD of SHU, no way am I sending my team on the road - especially to one of the teams that draws a lot of fans.
                  Another disappointing move by Atlantic Hockey.
                  I can agree - but I don't know what else they could have done. As stated before, RIT just needed to beat Canisius to host this series, but could not get it done. They don't deserve and didn't earn the right to host quarterfinal games.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post

I can agree - but I don't know what else they could have done. As stated before, RIT just needed to beat Canisius to host this series, but could not get it done. They don't deserve and didn't earn the right to host quarterfinal games.
                    Canisius, Army, and Holy Cross didn’t earn hosting a first round series but they are not playing on a Wednesday. 😄

I agree there is probably little that can be done this season but maybe take a look at these agreements with these big rinks for future seasons to block out dates and times for the possibility of hosting college playoff hockey. Otherwise in a cost saving measure RIT can shut down their rinks and play at the BCA squeezing in whatever ice time they can get around the Amerks home schedule and whatever other events going on at the BCA.
                    Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 03-05-2019, 11:12 AM.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      Webster is booked. Here's the venue... I watched the women's team play a game there against another D-III school back in the day. Almost got hit by a puck standing by the blue line! 🙃

https://www.playlandice.com/

Their women's team plays at another rink, that may be where they are playing!
                      What about the Milford Ice Pavilion? Are the Pioneers no longer welcome there?
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                        SHU could bring their band and a few buses full of fans.
                        SHU fans could carpool in a minivan or two. Forget about a few busloads.
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                          This will benefit whomever wins the series to get extra rest as they likely play AIC in the semifinals.
                          Only if none of the top three seeds get upset in the quarterfinals. Definitely not a given in this league.

Comment

With how pathetic the Tigers went out in the regular season I think RIT has a better chance to beat Sacred Heart at Sacred Heart. They seem to play better away...
                            R I T HOCKEY
                            Frozen Four
                            Elite Eight
                            NCAA Tournament
                            2010-2015-2016
                            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

• Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                              With how pathetic the Tigers went out in the regular season I think RIT has a better chance to beat Sacred Heart at Sacred Heart. They seem to play better away...
                              That's been the case in the past, but they were much better at home than on the road this year. They finished 8-5-1 in conference at home and 5-6-3 on the road. I mean, even the disappointing last week involved one home loss and one away loss.

Although Sacred Heart was much better on the road than at home this year...

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post

Although Sacred Heart was much better on the road than at home this year...
                                Given how this is about to play out, I suppose we are all looking for a silver lining.

Hoping for the best.

I do know that the previous audio of Ed and Scott’s broadcast from Webster Bank Arena was particularly sharp as the empty building allowed the microphones to pick up audio from the ice that listeners would not normally hear when a Rink has more than 179 fans in attendance. So there is that.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X