• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
    these penalties are killing them.
    we are winning and I have no idea how.
    Farrance has five goals this weekend

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

we are winning and I have no idea how.
      Farrance has five goals this weekend
      That was not an easy win.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

That was not an easy win.
        True, but it was a very big W. Friars learning how to protect a lead in the Third. BU is a very talented team. These 3 points are impressive.
        When will Bunz return, does anyone.know, he will certainly help on D.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
          True, but it was a very big W. Friars learning how to protect a lead in the Third. BU is a very talented team. These 3 points are impressive.
          When will Bunz return, does anyone.know, he will certainly help on D.
          Should be interesting to see how they play Northeastern

-Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Farrance has 8 goals on the season after tonight, 5 of them against PC this weekend....for gosh sakes can PC just stay out of the box....

At least no more BU for regular season.

O'Neal and Dugan both had chances with open nets in third, Dugan hitting the post after deaking the goalie big time...those 2 chances would have iced the game

Comment

PC climbs 1 spot in the USCHO rankings to #10.

Dugan was named HEA Player of the Week:
              https://***********/hockey_east/stat...710984195?s=20

Comment

For third weekend in a row, this will be an interesting weekend. Northeastern is tired of losing to PC and given that the Friars struggle protecting leads and NU is NU, I'd be happy with a split.
                STOP COMMITTING PENALTIES.

-Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  For third weekend in a row, this will be an interesting weekend. Northeastern is tired of losing to PC and given that the Friars struggle protecting leads and NU is NU, I'd be happy with a split.
                  STOP COMMITTING PENALTIES.
                  Stupid penalties are the killers, like the hit to the head types or the ones in offensive zone.

These 2 teams always seem to play pretty competitive games. Don't know much about NU this year. Their No.1 goalie is grad transfer from Merrimack. Hope Friars had a good week of practice and clean up some of the mistakes from last week. Can't see them continuing to score 4-6 goals to win games. Teams will be focusing on Dugan a lot so others are going to need to step it up. Will Bunz be back? Could use a seasoned D man back in the line up.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                    Stupid penalties are the killers, like the hit to the head types or the ones in offensive zone.

These 2 teams always seem to play pretty competitive games. Don't know much about NU this year. Their No.1 goalie is grad transfer from Merrimack. Hope Friars had a good week of practice and clean up some of the mistakes from last week. Can't see them continuing to score 4-6 goals to win games. Teams will be focusing on Dugan a lot so others are going to need to step it up. Will Bunz be back? Could use a seasoned D man back in the line up.
                    I chalk up some of the bad penalties to growing pains, but stupid things like hitting people in the head in OT or whatever fight Dugan got caught up in at the end of the game at BU... please stop shooting yourself in the foot like that. I'm sure Nate is more concerned than any of us.

Northeastern must be doing something right if they already beat UMASS. I expect at least one really tight game this weekend.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

A bit hairy at the end, but a nice home win.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Well tonight was a tight game with the Friars outshooting NU 31-9 after 2 periods but only up 1-0.

3-2 win with the Friars holding on for dear life in waning seconds with NU goalie pulled. This after PC had pulled out to a 3-1 lead late in 3rd after NU tied the game. 2nd NU goal came with them on the PP and goalie pulled with maybe a minute to go or less. Kavanaugh took slashing penalty to put NU on the PP. Goal looked like it was tipped by PC player trying to block NU slapshot.

NU definitely put more shots on net in third, at least doubling their shot total.

Both goalies had big breakaway stops in this one

PC had 2 embellishment calls that kept them off the PP

Dugan with 2 assists, Thompson with a goal, Englebert with his second goal in 2 games

Onto Matthews Arena tomorrow

Comment

Like what I see from Engelbert in these two games. Didn't know much about him so had no idea what to expect. Big player, hope he's kept in the lineup for awhile. Time to start sorting out what you have from the freshmen you got that aren't named Ford. He's fit in nicely as the new #20. I'm sure having the linemates he does helps but see him similar to Tyce, but ahead of where Tyce was this time last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            Well tonight was a tight game with the Friars outshooting NU 31-9 after 2 periods but only up 1-0.

3-2 win with the Friars holding on for dear life in waning seconds with NU goalie pulled. This after PC had pulled out to a 3-1 lead late in 3rd after NU tied the game. 2nd NU goal came with them on the PP and goalie pulled with maybe a minute to go or less. Kavanaugh took slashing penalty to put NU on the PP. Goal looked like it was tipped by PC player trying to block NU slapshot.

NU definitely put more shots on net in third, at least doubling their shot total.

Both goalies had big breakaway stops in this one

PC had 2 embellishment calls that kept them off the PP

Dugan with 2 assists, Thompson with a goal, Englebert with his second goal in 2 games

Onto Matthews Arena tomorrow
                            Yea I have no clue what team deflected that shot in...Lackey had no chance.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              Yea I have no clue what team deflected that shot in...Lackey had no chance.
                              #11 deflected the shot very slightly.
                              Whoever counts the shots at PC seems to think that there is some psychological advantage to the Friars to counting everything that comes near the cage as an SOG. Or perhaps he/she has a broad definition of SOG. Hitting a pipe or shooting over the net are not examples of "shots on goal". I'm too lazy to do the research, but has PC outshot opponents, while on the road, by a similar margin as at home over the last 5-10 seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                #11 deflected the shot very slightly.
                                Whoever counts the shots at PC seems to think that there is some psychological advantage to the Friars to counting everything that comes near the cage as an SOG. Or perhaps he/she has a broad definition of SOG. Hitting a pipe or shooting over the net are not examples of "shots on goal". I'm too lazy to do the research, but has PC outshot opponents, while on the road, by a similar margin as at home over the last 5-10 seasons?
                                I’ve been shaking my head at their shot count for years. They also undercount visitors shots.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X