Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Did you check out the stands at the Duke game?
    Most of us know you're joking and that you make stuff up and embellish for a good time but... You probably should tell claver you're doing this here to save everyone from reading 4 pages of back and forth between you two.

Just a suggestion.

ps - I'll be at the December game at EggAnus so I hope you can get the crew together for some beers somewhere.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Most of us know you're joking and that you make stuff up and embellish for a good time but... You probably should tell claver you're doing this here to save everyone from reading 4 pages of back and forth between you two.

Just a suggestion.

ps - I'll be at the December game at EggAnus so I hope you can get the crew together for some beers somewhere.
      Sorry but I just can't resist when some screaming Eagle wants to tell us about BC's premier status in the world of college football. I was this close to mentioning Flutie's NFL playoff record.

I'll definitely be there for the game in December. Shouldn't be too hard to get those guys together for a drink...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I'll drink with Fsteve but I am not too sure about this "Nick" guy...
        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
          I'll drink with Fsteve but I am not too sure about this "Nick" guy...
          I kind of prefer Carmine to Nick.

Comment

I just heard an interesting tidbit on the Denver-BC telecast. Gwozdecky's daughter is a freshman at BU and works for the hockey team.

So much for the feel good start to the season. They suck, fire Jack.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              I just heard an interesting tidbit on the Denver-BC telecast. Gwozdecky's daughter is a freshman at BU and works for the hockey team.

So much for the feel good start to the season. They suck, fire Jack.
              That was ugly....historically a house of horrors for thhis team...the soon to be (possibly) #1 team awaits...a win tomorrow night might brighten things up again?
              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

I don't remember the last time we had a thorough effort against PC so can't say I'm too surprised. But wow, who is teaching these guys D? You'd expect them to progress, not get worse/stay the same. Let's get Quinn back.

I also don't get why Rollie isn't seeing time. He's a good goaltender and IMO deserves it. Wonder if he just looks bad in practice or something.

Comment

Thoughts:

UNH lost 4-0 to NU puts some perspective on the "awesome" win last week
                  Freshman dman usually suck so Privatera is right on par
                  Tom Caron was embarassingly awful tonite
                  The difference in skill and desire between the teams in the BU game versus the BC game is like night and day
                  Expect the "we werent ready to play" quote out of numbnuts tonite then cue me to ask "who's fault is that?"
                  Eric Freide has said "#1 Eagles" atleast 50 times tonite. After 2 games it sounds a little dumb.
                  Charlie Coyle is a budding star, right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                    Thoughts:

The difference in skill and desire between the teams in the BU game versus the BC game is like night and day
                    Expect the "we werent ready to play" quote out of numbnuts tonite then cue me to ask "who's fault is that?"
                    Eric Freide has said "#1 Eagles" atleast 50 times tonite. After 2 games it sounds a little dumb.
                    +1

Comment

#1 BC "we hardly knew ye"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                        Thoughts:

Many good points. With regard to skating and such and quality of play, the ice conditions were TERRIBLE and no one could skate well on it.
                        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          Many good points. With regard to skating and such and quality of play, the ice conditions were TERRIBLE and no one could skate well on it.
                          True but it was the same ice conditions for bothe teams making it fair play all the way around.

The great thing about hockey is that any team can win if they work hard and execute plays while minimizing mistakes.

It's only only game and it's a long season JP is an excellent coach and BU will keep improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                            True but it was the same ice conditions for bothe teams making it fair play all the way around.

The great thing about hockey is that any team can win if they work hard and execute plays while minimizing mistakes.

It's only only game and it's a long season JP is an excellent coach and BU will keep improving.
                            I thought BU was outworked in the corners but that was probably because PC was just amped up for their home opener.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              I thought BU was outworked in the corners but that was probably because PC was just amped up for their home opener.
                              To some extent, in their own zone, yes. While attacking, most BU forwards had their way down low. BU's problem is they still can't complete a clean pass to save their lives, and it often puts us in a position where a scoring chance or shooting lane is lost because the receiver has to reach to receive the bad pass or the receiver can't cleanly receive the pass, both situations allowing the defense to recover just enough to take away the quality shot. I dont know how much of that was bad ice, but this has been a problem for a while, so it's probably not that big of a factor.

Way to go with the PC students doing their best UMass impression. Classy.
                              Last edited by brassbonanza; 10-15-2011, 01:42 AM.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                Thoughts:

+2, Spot on!

Tom Caron was terrible and going back and forth between the BC/DU game made me feel bad. I was hoping it was just the high def...but...
                                We're cruising for another 18-14 season. Will the real Kieran please stand up?
                                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X