X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Attend a hockey game that is not the Freakout? Surely you jest!
    Believe it or not, she’s been to 2 games already this year. Of course, we lost both of them so I hope she stays away tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
      TWO WORDS SH#$ Show for a feed. Does the local elementary school run this? Disgrace for a D1 school and a "power league" to allow this..

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
        TWO WORDS SH#$ Show for a feed. Does the local elementary school run this? Disgrace for a D1 school and a "power league" to allow this..
        Ummmm. If you’re talking about RPI TV, then you shouldn’t have quoted the link that the good Father posted. If you actually are talking about that link, did you spend a couple of hours in a marijuana dispensary before the game?
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Believe it or not, she’s been to 2 games already this year. Of course, we lost both of them so I hope she stays away tonight.
          Unfortunately for us, Dr. Jackson's record is now 0-3. I thought RPI did well to hang in there, especially in the first half of the second period when Clarkson could have gotten it to 4 or 5, and to work its way back into the game. Clarkson is a good team and their forecheck caused us fits, but RPI kept skating and almost snuck in a tying goal. The RPI power play had a rough night, albeit with limited opportunities, but I think the team can build off the performance in the second half of the game.

Comment

• RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
            Unfortunately for us, Dr. Jackson's record is now 0-3. I thought RPI did well to hang in there, especially in the first half of the second period when Clarkson could have gotten it to 4 or 5, and to work its way back into the game. Clarkson is a good team and their forecheck caused us fits, but RPI kept skating and almost snuck in a tying goal. The RPI power play had a rough night, albeit with limited opportunities, but I think the team can build off the performance in the second half of the game.
            Very good report. I’d just make one change and say “RPI began skating and almost snuck in a tying goal.” Clarkson is an excellent team but the boys helped them by being tentative and not keeping their feet moving. Once they decided they could, or at least had to, skate with the Golden Knights and upped the tempo offensively and defensively, they played an even or net positive second half of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
              DN & rpi82: Per your reports: +1 from what I saw on RPITV last night.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                DN & rpi82: Per your reports: +1 from what I saw on RPITV last night.
                Agree with all 3 of you. Had a good feeling after the weekend, especially when SLU came back to beat Union. I think we showed a lot by hanging in for the first half of the game with CCT (they are a very big and very good team). Their fore check gave us fits and the game could have gotten totally out of control. Our boys did not quit and all of us know that Savory can keep us in games and sometimes turn it all upside down with a few acrobatic saves (he made one in the third that I had to see in slow motion to really appreciate).
                Games next week should be very different on the road. We have seen Princeton and although they can give us some trouble, they are most definitely not CCT. QU is a good team on paper but has not set the world on fire. Over the past few years we have played well agains tthem at times but have always found a way to give the game away or just played poorly against them. That is the next big test.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Agree with all 3 of you. Had a good feeling after the weekend, especially when SLU came back to beat Union. I think we showed a lot by hanging in for the first half of the game with CCT (they are a very big and very good team). Their fore check gave us fits and the game could have gotten totally out of control. Our boys did not quit and all of us know that Savory can keep us in games and sometimes turn it all upside down with a few acrobatic saves (he made one in the third that I had to see in slow motion to really appreciate).
                  Games next week should be very different on the road. We have seen Princeton and although they can give us some trouble, they are most definitely not CCT. QU is a good team on paper but has not set the world on fire. Over the past few years we have played well against them at times but have always found a way to give the game away or just played poorly against them. That is the next big test.
                  Agree with 90% of your post. Only slightly disagree with Princeton assessment. I saw them vs st. cloud and thought they were excellent.Outstanding skating club.

Comment

True, Princeton banged home five goals in each of two games at St. Cloud, which was ranked in the top 20 at the time.

Also true, they followed that up by scoring one goal total at Harvard and Dartmouth this past weekend. So they've fallen somewhat short of displaying a high degree of consistency on offense.

Hope they don't rediscover their scoring touch until after the conclusion of Friday night's game. Saturday they can score all they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      Hope they don't rediscover their scoring touch until after the conclusion of Friday night's game. Saturday they can score all they want.
                      Surely, you jest.

Comment

We have a young team that is still trying to figure out how to handle a strong forecheck.
                        I think we learned a lot in the second half of the Clarkson game. And this is that we can skate with a very good team, and we learned to deal with that forecheck.
                        I don't know yet if we have the talent to make it to the top four of our league, but it sure looks good so far.
                        Great goal tending, a good defense, and surprising amount of scoring early gives me hope.
                        And one more thing, I know it is still early, but this team plays the best team defense that I have seen from RPI going back to when I first started following them in "93.
                        And that goes to coach Smith and his staff. JMO
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          We have a young team that is still trying to figure out how to handle a strong forecheck.
                          I think we learned a lot in the second half of the Clarkson game. And this is that we can skate with a very good team, and we learned to deal with that forecheck.
                          I don't know yet if we have the talent to make it to the top four of our league, but it sure looks good so far.
                          Great goal tending, a good defense, and surprising amount of scoring early gives me hope.
                          And one more thing, I know it is still early, but this team plays the best team defense that I have seen from RPI going back to when I first started following them in "93.
                          And that goes to coach Smith and his staff. JMO
                          We also seemed to improve as the Clarkson game went on which never seemed to happen under SA. We were greatly outplayed in the first period, but things got more even as the game wore on. If Clarkson is indeed a top team in the country, that shows that we should at least get home ice in the first round of the ECAC playoffs and have at least an outside shot at a bye.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            We also seemed to improve as the Clarkson game went on which never seemed to happen under SA. We were greatly outplayed in the first period, but things got more even as the game wore on. If Clarkson is indeed a top team in the country, that shows that we should at least get home ice in the first round of the ECAC playoffs and have at least an outside shot at a bye.
                            I think that may be slightly optimistic Ralph although Saturday was a good effort againsta very good team. I saw a game totally controlled by Clarkson but to Our credit we pushed back several times but when we did Clarkson seemed to step back on the gas then they completely shut down the 3rd period they had 4 shots we had 5. Our fate begins and ends with goaltending but for great goaltending and a few timely goal posts that was a different game but hey I'll take a close game against an Elite team ...besides what the heck do I know
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just noticed that both the roster and stats pages from Saturday’s program listed Cory Babichuk as a forward. I don’t think I’ve seen him play any other position besides defense. Was that a typo or was/is there a plan for him to do “a Brutlag” and move up front?

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                                I just noticed that both the roster and stats pages from Saturday’s program listed Cory Babichuk as a forward. I don’t think I’ve seen him play any other position besides defense. Was that a typo or was/is there a plan for him to do “a Brutlag” and move up front?
                                He played defenseman in both games. The RPI Athletics website still lists him as a defenseman as well

Comment

Working...
                                X