X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
    BC missing anyone besides Barnes?
    No

Let the record show my previous post was before I even knew we were going to be missing Barnes lol
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
      I really thought that Victoria Bach stood out and was the best player on the ice.
      Certainly doesn’t hurt being on a line with Poulin, but yea she was excellent in the game I saw. I think last year she was with Saulnier and Jenner at the Rivalry Series.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

After two periods, it's Minnesota 5, Bemdji 1. BSU played a really good first period, and ended it with a 1-0 lead. Then the roof caved in, as the Gophers scored two power play goals, two even strength goals, and a shortie on fifteen shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
          After two periods, it's Minnesota 5, Bemdji 1. BSU played a really good first period, and ended it with a 1-0 lead. Then the roof caved in, as the Gophers scored two power play goals, two even strength goals, and a shortie on fifteen shots.
          Whoever was out there for the Gopher team in the first period it looked like they got replaced by some different players.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            Whoever was out there for the Gopher team in the first period it looked like they got replaced by some different players.
            They were fine for the first half of the period. It was the second ten minutes where the wheels came off.

Comment

Final is Minnesota 7, Bemidji 1. The game got pretty chippy down the stretch.

Comment

The game got pretty chippy down the stretch.
                I didn't notice any pattern of being chippy, especially for a game that was no longer up for grabs.

Random thoughts:
                Gophers had a little extra jump last night once they got going. I expect to see someone like Skaja to be on people in a hurry, and she was, but Knowles was also getting to spots on time, even when I didn't expect her to do so.
                Sarah was playing with a confidence that I don't recall at all last year.
                Are we in danger of running out of goalies?
                BSU blocked a lot of shots, Kara Werth in particular. Her goalies didn't have nearly as much success in that regard, and I'd expect the goaltending to be better today with the resulting score much tighter.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  I didn't notice any pattern of being chippy, especially for a game that was no longer up for grabs.
                  I'm thinking of two plays in particular. The first was Sarah Potomak getting dropped in front of the Bemidji net with no call, after which the Gophers' top line had zero shifts, and the interference penalty on Reece Hunt for shoving down Kippin Keller. Keller gave as good as she got last night; I thought the one time she got called for a penalty was an egregiously bad call, but it evened out.

It was also notable that prior to the second period last night, the Gophers had gone eleven periods without a power play.

Comment

Clarkson 1 Mercyhurst 0 start of the 3rd

Clarkson lost Ella Shelton late in the first period. She had to be stretchered off the ice and taken to the hospital with some type of upper body injury (had to have a neck brace added).
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Clarkson escapes with a 2-1 win.

Mercyhurst scored with 47 sec left on a PP with the goalie pulled. Then they thought they scored the game tying goal in the last second but it occurred just after the end of the game.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

It's Minnesota 1, Bemidji 0 after a period that featured a lot of sloppy play by both teams and the linesmen.

Comment

Minnesota 1, Bemidji 0 after two periods of the least aesthetically pleasing hockey game I've seen in quite a while. My working hypothesis is that every player on both rosters has the flu.

Comment

Minnesota 1, Bemidji 0 after two periods of the least aesthetically pleasing hockey game I've seen in quite a while. My working hypothesis is that every player on both rosters has the flu.
                            That would require more than 40 people being ill; it is easier to believe that you are somehow impaired and have no idea what you're watching.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              That would require more than 40 people being ill; it is easier to believe that you are somehow impaired and have no idea what you're watching.
                              Like most hypotheses, it needs more data.

Comment

Minnesota wins 3-0. The whole second period was defined by Minnesota not being able to get the puck out of their end and Bemidji not being able to get the puck off the boards. It opened up early in the third, when Minnesota made it 2-0. Bemidji gooned up the end of this game, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X