X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I count 25 players. Can anyone identify who is missing?

With all of the roster turnover I'd need an Interpol most wanted poster in order to ID the missing lad...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I count 25 players. Can anyone identify who is missing?

I actually did this yesterday. Missing players are Tommy Lee, Jakub Lacka and Owen Savory. I believe the last one is Cory Babichuk, but I also had trouble identifying lots of the freshmen. I'm not sure who the 2 players are in the red in the second row on the right side or the player in black in the back row. (My guesses were Simon Kjellberg, Rory Herrman and Alec Calvaruso, respectively). Regardless, the last missing player is a freshman

Comment

Today is 14 August 2019. There are 52 days until RPI's next game and still no rosters.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not good with the pictures, but Tommy Lee was not present at the event.
          Originally posted by moe24
          Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            I actually did this yesterday. Missing players are Tommy Lee, Jakub Lacka and Owen Savory. I believe the last one is Cory Babichuk, but I also had trouble identifying lots of the freshmen. I'm not sure who the 2 players are in the red in the second row on the right side or the player in black in the back row. (My guesses were Simon Kjellberg, Rory Herrman and Alec Calvaruso, respectively). Regardless, the last missing player is a freshman
            I was at the golf outing, and can confirm both Jakub and Owen were there. Had the pleasure of sitting at dinner with both Jakub and Ottoville (who were also paired up on the course). Have to say, love Ottoville's dry humor. They were excited to have a Swede joining them this year, though OL remarked it's not as good as a Fin. Also, apparently Jakub is sharing a locker this year due to the large roster size (and that he wouldn't complain since he's too nice, per OL).

Attendance was bigger than last year, though that isn't saying much since it was sparse then. I counted 27 foursomes, certainly down from the 40+ during the Appert hey-day; that being said the speed on the course was much better than in years past. Notably absent from the event/dinner were two people who have featured prominently in the past - Dino Macaluso (who has emceed in the past / ran the auction) and Father Ed. Not sure what to read that as. Peter Pedone was at the dinner, which was a welcome surprise since I have sorely missed his involvement with the Alumni House since he left (he was happy to not be running the event for once, and instead enjoying it).

A few changes to the overall formatting. After last year's embarrassing auction of the 'big ticket' items (Night on the bench, golf outing with the coach, etc), these were moved to a silent auction where you'd place your bid on the corresponding sheet. They also created a 'pass' where $30 got you entry into the coach's challenge, putting competition, and the penalty shot (hit the golf ball into a hockey net 180 yards out and you'd get a hole in 1 on the par 5).

Overall, both Coach Smith & AD McElroy talked up the positive momentum the program has and how they are looking to make big steps. It was admitted the program is still a work in progress, and they are working to translate the strong team cohesion into on-ice results. Coach also joked that he knows the fans 'are with us, win or tie." Also mentioned was $200k in facelifts/updates to the HFH - Coach seemed to indicate most was around the locker room, however McElroy said to look for the changes to the HFH when you get there to see a game?
            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Ticket applications due back "no later than August 16..." So if you received them today, you've been granted 8 business days by the regime.... good thing I wasn't on vacation....all a part of the RPI fan " experience"...HA
              I guess I'm surprised they didn't forgo the postage to save money and just hand them out at the home opener...
              Gotta love the short turnaround they always state... Mine came in the mail yesterday!
              Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                I was at the golf outing, and can confirm both Jakub and Owen were there. Had the pleasure of sitting at dinner with both Jakub and Ottoville (who were also paired up on the course). Have to say, love Ottoville's dry humor. They were excited to have a Swede joining them this year, though OL remarked it's not as good as a Fin. Also, apparently Jakub is sharing a locker this year due to the large roster size (and that he wouldn't complain since he's too nice, per OL).

Attendance was bigger than last year, though that isn't saying much since it was sparse then. I counted 27 foursomes, certainly down from the 40+ during the Appert hey-day; that being said the speed on the course was much better than in years past. Notably absent from the event/dinner were two people who have featured prominently in the past - Dino Macaluso (who has emceed in the past / ran the auction) and Father Ed. Not sure what to read that as. Peter Pedone was at the dinner, which was a welcome surprise since I have sorely missed his involvement with the Alumni House since he left (he was happy to not be running the event for once, and instead enjoying it).

A few changes to the overall formatting. After last year's embarrassing auction of the 'big ticket' items (Night on the bench, golf outing with the coach, etc), these were moved to a silent auction where you'd place your bid on the corresponding sheet. They also created a 'pass' where $30 got you entry into the coach's challenge, putting competition, and the penalty shot (hit the golf ball into a hockey net 180 yards out and you'd get a hole in 1 on the par 5).

Overall, both Coach Smith & AD McElroy talked up the positive momentum the program has and how they are looking to make big steps. It was admitted the program is still a work in progress, and they are working to translate the strong team cohesion into on-ice results. Coach also joked that he knows the fans 'are with us, win or tie." Also mentioned was $200k in facelifts/updates to the HFH - Coach seemed to indicate most was around the locker room, however McElroy said to look for the changes to the HFH when you get there to see a game?
                Thanks for the report.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 15 August 2019. There are 51 days until RPI's next game and still no rosters.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-15-2019, 11:43 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

After the picture of most of the team at the golf tourney and the following I am going to have to learn what the players look like. I can't identify most of them.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-15-2019, 03:23 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post

Grumblings from my dinner table seemed to think maybe Macaluso was butthurt that the Oates memorabilia from his personal collection was auctioned off for peanuts last year. Father Ed's absence was noted at our table as well, both for the absence of the dinner blessing, and his knack for cleaning up on the raffles, though there were a few tables that did quite well in that department.
                      Originally posted by moe24
                      Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Congrats to Ryan Mahshie!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 16 August 2019. There are 50 days until RPI's next game and still no rosters.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
                                Grumblings from my dinner table seemed to think maybe Macaluso was butthurt that the Oates memorabilia from his personal collection was auctioned off for peanuts last year. Father Ed's absence was noted at our table as well, both for the absence of the dinner blessing, and his knack for cleaning up on the raffles, though there were a few tables that did quite well in that department.
                                Dino was at the Renss Co chamber outing last Monday...no sign of Padre.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X