X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Climate Change 2: Thank God for Global Warming

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Which uses half the energy of my old CRT.

Edit: sorry, 1/3rd.
    still a footprint
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      still a footprint
      And as we all know, if you can't save every person you might as well burn down the hospital.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        And as we all know, if you can't save every person you might as well burn down the hospital.
        I mean, I feel that way some days...

Comment

Bye Bye Planet Earth. Nice knowing you.

People are putting nature in more trouble now than at any other time in human history, with extinction looming over 1 million species of plants and animals, scientists said Monday.

"We have reconfigured dramatically life on the planet," report co-chairman Eduardo Brondizio of Indiana University said at a press conference.

Species loss is accelerating to a rate tens or hundreds of times faster than in the past, the report said. More than half a million species on land "have insufficient habitat for long-term survival" and are likely to go extinct, many within decades, unless their habitats are restored. The oceans are not any better off.

"Humanity unwittingly is attempting to throttle the living planet and humanity's own future," said George Mason University biologist Thomas Lovejoy, who has been called the godfather of biodiversity for his research. He was not part of the report.

"The biological diversity of this planet has been really hammered, and this is really our last chance to address all of that," Lovejoy said.

Conservation scientists from around the world convened in Paris to issue the report, which exceeded 1,000 pages. The Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) included more than 450 researchers who used 15,000 scientific and government reports. The report's summary had to be approved by representatives of all 109 nations.
          http://www.startribune.com/united-na...5zha4yKHR9-rQU

Good thing Trump won. Otherwise we'd be wasting our time protecting what little environment we have left. At least corporations got their money. Thank God.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think China puts out 28% of the world's CO2.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Sure. Let's just blame them and not do anything. Good plan.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Missed the point. If China and India do nothing, the rest of us are left holding the bag.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Missed the point. If China and India do nothing, the rest of us are left holding the bag.
                  We've already rescinded our leadership on the topic. We even eliminated safety rules put in after the BP spill. We have zero credibility on this topic and you blaming China and India is just rich. Oh, and per capita were actually number two.

The US cares about profit. Not the planet. That's obvious.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...re-of-co2.html

Comment

It's almost like it's a global problem requiring global solutions, and as one of the wealthiest countries in the world maybe we should be leading the way in providing them. We didn't get rich in isolation. I must have missed the bible verse that says "We got ours, F all y'all, and your smelly kids!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      "We got ours, F all y'all, and your smelly kids!"
                      That's America's Slogan.

And what's most fascinating about it is that Green Energy could be the new profit motive. But, no. Fossil Fuels need to destroy the planet comes first.

Comment

US should be leading by example, no?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          China also has had rapid mobilization of solar panels and I believe India has taken similar measures. So basically they've done more positive than our country.

Comment

China certainly is not doing nothing. They are being far more proactive than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                              China certainly is not doing nothing. They are being far more proactive than we are.
                              THis. China is positioning themselves as a green tech leader. If we don't get with the f-cking program quick, we're going to miss out on a 100 billion dollar a decade business. I could even be short by an order of magnitude there. We do NOT want to miss this boat. It would be like us saying, "Nah, f-ck that oily black stuff. We're going to stick with wood."
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

And the thing is the Fossil Fuel companies are researching and developing the tech too because they know the change is coming but they are being incentivized to not push further. We could be way farther along with this if we just left it alone.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X