Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2018-19

Halfway through game... we had 5 on 3 for full two minutes and don’t score. They get behind our defense and it’s 4-0 RIT 20-15 Colgate SOG. This is going to be tough from which to come back, in my opinion. Well, it’s now 5-0.

Comment

YIKES! That was difficult to watch. Give RIT credit....they dismantled us. Ouch!

Comment

no need to say anything that hasn't been said before...the kids really try, but it is a roster with, at best, mediocre skill level...and future recruiting doesn't look at this point to be providing us with any future Bobby Orrs...all you need for evidence is to witness our efforts with a one-man and a two-man advantage...several 5-3s were frankly embarrassing...is it coaching or lack of talent, or both? We'll muddle through another year of .400 to .450 hockey (as we have over the past ELEVEN YEARS)...5 goals in three games, about one less goal than we normally average...after over a decade of this BS, AND a great new arena to boot, I think a lot of us are ready for a change in the program. I hope I'm wrong and we surprise, but come on folks, let's FINALLY face reality...we are recruiting at a level akin to an upper tier Atlantic Hockey program, not even close to where we have to be...how many 2X4s do you have to apply to your forehead?

Comment

tell me...is there any reason we can't have a men's hockey program that's in Union's class? Really...the loss tonight is really of minimal consequence...RIT is a decent Atlantic Hockey program that performs well in that league on an annual basis...what IS so sad is to actually witness several 5 on 3 situations that were simply pathetic. The effort by the kids is not up for criticism. With perhaps one exception (#9) we have a roster of decent but not elite college hockey players. And with the exception of The Class of 2016 this has been the case since the 06-07 season. Tell me, what is more likely going forward...some magic influx of talent to allow us to compete for an NCAA berth or a continuation of the same boring mediocrity we've witnessed over the past ELEVEN years? That's what is so depressing.

Comment

let's FINALLY face reality...we are recruiting at a level akin to an upper tier Atlantic Hockey program

Well RIT was picked to finish in seventh in Atlantic hockey this year and you just lost 6-1 with 3 seconds shy 3 minutes of 5 on 3, sounds like you may be recruiting at a D3 sunyac level, no offense to the sunyac you've got some great teams

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
              USCHO demands that you change passwords about every 6 months (which I think is a pain and not necessary). This could be the reason you couldn't get on the thread. Check out your password and maybe establish a new one (?)
              Had to chime-in on this one.

Went through the same ordeal with this site, did everything right, and my PW still wasn't recognized. Filed a ticket to no avail. Finally sorted it out on my own a week or so ago, THEN heard from USCHO that my ticket was "closed" after weeks of zero help... Sure as s***, I was shut out again on this site at that moment. Went through several USCHO-issued PW's in the process.

I agree about the situation. What's the big deal re: security on a friggin' hockey site, unless one chooses to link it with FB or something similar?
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-20-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
                let's FINALLY face reality...we are recruiting at a level akin to an upper tier Atlantic Hockey program

Well RIT was picked to finish in seventh in Atlantic hockey this year and you just lost 6-1 with 3 seconds shy 3 minutes of 5 on 3, sounds like you may be recruiting at a D3 sunyac level, no offense to the sunyac you've got some great teams
                Not for nothing, RIT nearly came out of Lowell with a sweep, and it could be argued that they deserved to. The Tigers got some puck luck in the game as well. There were some chances for Colgate that they should have scored on except for a funky bounce or something that would prevent that from happening.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  I agree about the situation. What's the big deal re: security on a friggin' hockey site, unless one chooses to link it with FB or something similar?
                  That was the default in an update of the software. I snuck in and changed the expiration to 10 years.

Comment

Just got home to Owego from Rochester... not only did they shut us down, they shut down our wi-fi in the Arena. he he he
                    It was a difficult game to watch, but just reminded me that we are in for another roller-coaster of a year...
                    “We beat Guelph, but we’re supposed to beat Guelph.”
                    “We beat New Hampshire. I didn’t think we were supposed to beat New Hampshire.”
                    “Holy cow... we just swept New Hampshire. Maybe we’ll be okay this year after all.”
                    “Dang! Not only was this game difficult to watch, but we’re in for a l-o-n-g season, like RPI and SLU had last year.”
                    Granted, SOG was something like 42-25 in our favor and we had some bad bounces. But our defense really was porous. I don’t blame goalie Benson for giving up five goals in 18 shots in his two periods. He really had little support in front of him.
                    “RIT split with UMass-Lowell. Miami split with UMass-Lowell. RIT just cleaned our clocks, 6-1. I don’t know... we’ll be lucky to split with Miami next week on the road. Really lucky.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                      That was the default in an update of the software. I snuck in and changed the expiration to 10 years.
                      How??

Comment

Originally posted by Gotter View Post
                        How??
                        I work for USCHO and have admin access.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                          Tell me...is there any reason we can't have a men's hockey program that's in Union's class? Really...the loss tonight is really of minimal consequence...what IS so sad is to actually witness several 5 on 3 situations that were simply pathetic.
                          The same could be said for Quinnipiac. It's telling that these are the two newest programs in the ECAC. IMO Union's success is similar to Clarkson and SLU where D-I hockey at these schools is the crowned jewel. I wouldn't have uttered those favorable words about Union 15 years ago. Must be the city of Schenectady and their high school-esque arena that attracts such talent compared to our state-of-the art, fingers crossed investment in Hamilton, which I supported and still do. Vaughan's comments are always the same...we had some bad bounces, we'll work on the special teams, we'll look at the video. I guess that justification will buy him another week. It always does. Just venting here.

My comment on post #51 on this thread about the CHN article should be a daily reminder that rings truer every day.
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

TchrBill...amen, especially to Post #51...the question may be a little unfair, but I'm sure we've all asked it before: why can Greg Fargo continue to attract top level talent to his program (this year's freshmen class was ranked in the top five in the country) and MIH continues to mope along year after year with pedestrian talent...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                              Bless you and yours. It was getting extremely annoying, and probably has driven people away from this site for years now.

Comment

I've just been reading all the previous posts on this thread about our loss to RIT. Come on now, the sky is NOT falling! It's just the 3rd game of the regular season! Yeah, I didn't like the result either, but we're going to have some growing pains between now and Christmas. Remember we were 7-9-2 at the end of 2013, and then went on to make it into the NCAAs as an at-large.

2 games out in Ohio against Miami will be no easy task. But I'll be happy with at least 1 win.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X