Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Star Cup 1/30-31 - SCSU, UM, BSU, MSU-M: Who is drinking where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Star Cup 1/30-31 - SCSU, UM, BSU, MSU-M: Who is drinking where?

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    Yay? Is it me or am I the SCSU version of RWD?
    Its just you
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      She's a @#$@$ing @#R@#&$ disaster.
      Agreed. If one has a chance to meet LWB, run. Faster.

Might check out the games at church (Old Chicago). Depends on my mood. Right now, SCSU looks like the only challenge. And I'm being polite. /tArrogance
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

North Star College Cup

The third annual North Star College Cup returns to Xcel Energy Center on Saturday-Sunday, January 30-31 as the University of Minnesota, Bemidji State, Minnesota State and St. Cloud State battle for in-state bragging rights. All four games of the 2016 North Star College Cup presented by TRIA will be broadcast on FOX Sports North
        Session 1 - Saturday, January 30
        1 p.m. - Minnesota State vs. St. Cloud State
        4 p.m. - Minnesota vs. Bemidji State

Session 2 - Sunday, January 31
        1 p.m. - Third Place Game
        4 p.m. - Championship Game

I like the change in days and times, should be a fun weekend of College Hockey.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
          Session 1 - Saturday, January 30
          1 p.m. - Minnesota State vs. St. Cloud State
          4 p.m. - Minnesota vs. Bemidji State

Session 2 - Sunday, January 31
          1 p.m. - Third Place Game
          4 p.m. - Championship Game

I like the change in days and times, should be a fun weekend of College Hockey.
          Just realized my daughter is having a BD party Saturday, which takes over the basement where the big screen is!!!

Comment

Bring on the Beavers!

Comment

Finally someone broke the 'Beaver dam'.
              "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

The beavers will try to clamp down on the Gophers advances into the zone, we need to penetrate their D and get it in deep.

Comment

Maybe some Beaver jokes will get this thread locked up so we can start a new one with the correct smiley...?
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I just hope the City Pages will be there to cover the proceedings, and their nefarious writer that wrote the Power Play article will write another "hit-piece" and drive the final stake into the heart of the Gopher hockey program.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Of course. We are all waiting for that next City Pages article. When that shoe drops, we will see the inevitable shuttering of the once proud Gopher men's hockey program.
                      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        Just trying to work in a "RWD is a guy" joke.
                        It was lame. Really lame.
                        It still makes me laugh, thinking about RWD in the locker room after the Frozen Four posters' game. When that Omaha fan dropped trou, jumped in the shower like it was nothing and she was beside herself.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            It still makes me laugh, thinking about RWD in the locker room after the Frozen Four posters' game. When that Omaha fan dropped trou, jumped in the shower like it was nothing and she was beside herself.
                            Was that the one at Augsburg?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Was that the one at Augsburg?
                              yup.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                With the way Duluth has been playing, are these the four best MN teams right now? SCSU the heavy, heavy favorite.
                                UMD and BSU are a toss up for #4 in the state. As for the others, #1 team in the NACHO, #1 team in the BI6 and #1 team in the WCHA. Pretty impressive little tourney.

Wasn't paying attention to the schedule/time changes vs. how they used to do it, so I'll be recording the SCSU/Mankato game to watch later Saturday afternoon. Expecting the Gophers to be waiting for the winner on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X