2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

As for this telecast, Buccigross is obsessed with officiating and UMass needing a PP, lobbying for calls etc. Just too focused on the refs. I like that he's passionate about college hockey but really just can't stand the guy and his bromance mentality.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      If Minnesota became a blue blood in 1979, BC became one after the 2008 title.
      Yeah, although part of it has to do with the size of the history. It’s different if you’ve won 3 out of 30 titles versus 3 out of 50.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        AYUH.

IPA... loving watching college hockey with a couple cold ones. You should try, it is a great and enjoyable way to pass time.
        Hah, nice. I had to look up ayuh. Apparently the oldest version of "yes" in American (Mainer??) English.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Yeah, although part of it has to do with the size of the history. It’s different if you’ve won 3 out of 30 titles versus 3 out of 50.
          So you would agree then that BU achieved blue blood status in 1978?
          North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Hah, nice. I had to look up ayuh. Apparently the oldest version of "yes" in American (Mainer??) English.
            Could be. But it is more likely ole Gaelic for shut up and enjoy the beer and the game you tosser.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Could be. But it is more likely ole Gaelic for shut up and enjoy the beer and the game you tosser.
              You will have to forgive me, it hasn't been that much of a game thus far.
              North Dakota

Comment

I’m actually loving this game and I’m quite a few “cold ones” in. Sad that college hockey will soon be over for the year but proud the NCHC continues to dominate.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

So you would agree then that BU achieved blue blood status in 1978?
                  I’ll still go with 95.

Comment

I’ll still go with 95.
                    BU had 13 frozen fours by 1978.
                    North Dakota

Comment

BU had 13 frozen fours by 1978.
                      Yeah, but it’s a combination of titles and appearance.

Comment

I'll somewhat buy that. Maybe 2010 for BC then.

Comment

Yeah, but it’s a combination of titles and appearance.
                          They had the same number of titles (3) as Minnesota had by 1979. With twice as many Frozen Fours.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Wow, it doesn't even look like daloot is trying anymore... just that much better. UMass better figure out something soon.

Comment

Not a single UMass forward has been noticeable tonight. Nobody able to make any plays.

Comment

They had the same number of titles (3) as Minnesota had by 1979. With twice as many Frozen Fours.
                                As I said in my earlier post, it was a combination of what MN had done to date plus the next two decades which I knew about due to hindsight.

Comment

Working...
                                X