Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Cop, Bad Cop, Whatcha gonna do?

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Nope. A cop can't kill someone just because someone argues with them. They have to have reasonable fear for their own safety or someone else's. that wasn't present in the case of Garner or the Cleveland kid.
    If the kid has a gun?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      If the kid has a gun?
      I've been told repeatedly on here and other boards that the vast majority of gun owners are rational, law abiding citizens. So why should a cop fear for his life just because someone is carrying a gun?

Should I fear for my life just because cops carry guns?

To be less snarky, the cop never gave the kid a chance to obey any order. He came out guns blazing, so it's almost inherently unreasonable to act the way he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        And where did I equate my statement with selling loosies?

You guys sure take broad stances while chastising those you accuse of taking broad stances.
        Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        If all these criminals dropped anything they were holding and laid on the ground, asphalt, etc facedown they'd be alive today.
        If that's not a broad statement, I'd love to know what is.

Comment

Majority, yes.

Part of a cops job is to protect is from the minority
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I've been told repeatedly on here and other boards that the vast majority of gun owners are rational, law abiding citizens. So why should a cop fear for his life just because someone is carrying a gun?.
            Isn't vast majority the key here

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Majority, yes.

Part of a cops job is to protect is from the minority
              by that logic, we should all be scared of all cops because the minority are racist dickwads who abuse their power.

Isn't that what you guys are arguing against?

We can't act as though all cops are racist dickwads, but you're ok with cops treating all of us as potential copkillers? Is that really your argument?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Isn't vast majority the key here
                It's not when talking about conceal and carry laws. It's not when they spout out, "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".

Let's not devolve into relativism here.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  It's not when talking about conceal and carry laws. It's not when they spout out, "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".

Let's not devolve into relativism here.
                  Did that kid have a concealed weapon permit?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Did that kid have a concealed weapon permit?
                    It wasn't concealed or a weapon, so it doesn't matter either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      It wasn't concealed or a weapon, so it doesn't matter either way.
                      You need to adjust your sarcasm meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        The guy was talking on his cell phone and wasn't even looking at the police when they shot him.
                        Even if that's all there is to it, perhaps if the asshat paid attention to, "drop your weapon" instead of rolling with, "I aint hearin dat" he wouldn't be dead.

Comment

by that logic, we should all be scared of all cops because the minority are racist dickwads who abuse their power.

Isn't that what you guys are arguing against?

We can't act as though all cops are racist dickwads, but you're ok with cops treating all of us as potential copkillers? Is that really your argument?
                          i'm not carrying around a weapon nor grabbing for their's while i'm not out breaking the law. so i'm good.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Even if that's all there is to it, perhaps if the asshat paid attention to, "drop your weapon" instead of rolling with, "I aint hearin dat" he wouldn't be dead.
                            He wasn't even looking at them and he was on the phone. How was he supposed to know they were talking to him? How was he supposed to know they were actually cops? For all he knew, they were kids horsing around. He wasn't paying attention to them. Further, they said "Drop your weapon," but even if he heard them say that, why would he associate what he had in his hand with "weapon"? What he had was "merchandise" that he intended to purchase. I fail to see how any of this is his fault.

Maybe the police should take a lesson from their Canadian counterparts - the ones who refused to shoot the dude who tried to suicide by cop even though he was waving a toy gun at them. He even asked them, "Why haven't you shot me yet?" The good news is that he eventually was shot - when he tried that crap on US Border Patrol. But they only wounded him. Had he encountered real police officers, he might get his wish and be dead by now.

Comment

This thread makes me sad.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Priceless once again fails to make a point.

Reading the words of Jadon Ramos makes me very said, especially as a father of two boys near his age.

Comment

Working...
                                X