X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    The worst part is the seven year qualifier. Seven years... of what.

Only Fishman would pine for a lengthy extension for Red.
    Somebody had Bushmill's on his corn flakes this morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Somebody had Bushmill's on his corn flakes this morning...
      Red? How else do you explain 2-5-3 against UConn?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Red? How else do you explain 2-5-3 against UConn?
        I think UConn has been .400 since joining hockey east.

Comment

• The sweep this weekend has turned this entire thread around. And justifiably so. There was optimism and a brief ray of sunshine last week.
          Maine can play with a Northeastern on Maine’s better nights, but did not do so at Matthews. Matthews as always was horrible. 20% full at best, no beer, sh:tty seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
            The sweep this weekend has turned this entire thread around. And justifiably so. There was optimism and a brief ray of sunshine last week.
            Maine can play with a Northeastern on Maine’s better nights, but did not do so at Matthews. Matthews as always was horrible. 20% full at best, no beer, sh:tty seats.
            When Maine is on, I believe that they can stack up to anybody in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              At times maybe and that is with Swayman being the best player on the ice, Maine out working in the dirty areas of the ice, winning the battles for loose pucks and being discipline...and even then with little offence they are behind the 8-ball more times then not. Talent and Depth is not a strong point for Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                I'll have what ever you are having and its way more than Bushmills

Comment

Ferguson see the writing on the wall and leaves Maine football. Good move if he wants to play

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Ferguson see the writing on the wall and leaves Maine football. Good move if he wants to play
                    ****, there goes the tremendous depth at QB, but Maine has always had to walk a fine line in terms of depth.

On the bright side, Fagnano has the tools to make even us old-timers put him in the same sentence as Mike Buck, and that's saying something.

Good luck to Fergs, in any case. He's a starter on a lot of FBS teams.

(And I'll be calling the Syracuse AD first thing in the morning.)

Comment

If he can go to a FBS team that would be tremendous. I’m sure that wouldn’t look bad for recruits because it implies he developed well at Maine. What is the depth like behind Fagnano?

Comment

If he can go to a FBS team that would be tremendous. I’m sure that wouldn’t look bad for recruits because it implies he developed well at Maine. What is the depth like behind Fagnano?
                        Nobody who has ever taken a snap, as far as I know.

But, I never knew anything about Fagnano, either, until he stepped-in and took over the job.

Comment

I think UConn has been .400 since joining hockey east.
                          Yes, UConn's overall record since joining Hockey East is currently 0.400, although they have been below 0.400 for three season and so far this season, and 0.444 for two seasons (2016-17 & 2017-18). In league play are have been slightly better and are currently 41-64-17, 0.406. By the way, Maine is barely better in league play over the same time and are currently 43-66-15, 0.407.

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Maine has a commitment from this guy.....

https://***********/derekr1212/statu...02874014445568

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                              Maine has a commitment from this guy.....

https://***********/derekr1212/statu...02874014445568
                              http://westchester.news12.com/clip/14710314/scholar-athlete-derek-robertson

Sounds like a good kid.

Comment

Said in one place Ferg is looking for graduate transfer, if thats right I think its a better look for Maine. Getting that degree in 3 years or four if he redshirted is awesome. Hope he does well where he lands.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X