No announcement yet.

Ledyard Bank Tournament - Dartmouth/UNH/UMass/Bemidji - Sun/Mon Dec 30/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, getting off topic. The main event at this tournament is the Dartmouth - UNH game. There is no way that the tournament organizers could have known that this game would be between two of the three best defensive teams in the nation. If these two teams had been playing this well at this point in any of the past few seasons, perhaps the Riverstone Cup at the Verizon Center would have survived. This one has the potential to be the greatest game ever played at Thompson Arena.

Comment

Re: Ledyard Bank Tournament - Dartmouth/UNH/UMass/Bemidji - Sun/Mon Dec 30/31

Apparently the game is a sellout ... wonder what %age will be UNH fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Yes, getting off topic. The main event at this tournament is the Dartmouth - UNH game. There is no way that the tournament organizers could have known that this game would be between two of the three best defensive teams in the nation. If these two teams had been playing this well at this point in any of the past few seasons, perhaps the Riverstone Cup at the Verizon Center would have survived. This one has the potential to be the greatest game ever played at Thompson Arena.
        Snively65, any game has the potential to be the greatest game ever played at Thompson Arena!

I'm quite happy that the annual Riverstone Cup match didn't survive. I actually like the idea of UNH playing up there in DC's tourney, and wouldn't mind if it were an annual event (but perhaps with UNH not regularly playing Dartmouth on the first night.) Although Manchester is much closer for me to travel to, and though I didn't buy tickets this year for the Dartmouth tourney, I've attended it before and would prefer going to Hanover than to the VC which never seems to have the crowd buzz during the regular season, as compared with a true home/away venue.

It should be a good game, ending in a 0-0 tie (which, of course, would be impossible in a tournament.)
        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
        --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

So how is the quality of the video feed from the Dartmouth site? Thinking about purchasing a one month pass for the Bemidji games. Thanks!
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
            So how is the quality of the video feed from the Dartmouth site? Thinking about purchasing a one month pass for the Bemidji games. Thanks!
            Only been to one game at Thompson Rink, so no idea on video feed. But, looking forward to seeing Bemidji State play in the first game, which could have PWR implications for UNH.

Comment

Decent quality feed. I've seen some better, some worse. If you want to get an idea of what it is like there are some free highlights available if you take a look on the Dartmouth Athletics site. Ignore the highlights from the UVM game as those are from NBCSN.
              Go Dartmouth!

Comment

Personally I'm glad the UNH-DC annual Verizon game is history...we always enjoyed having the Blue-Green Tourney to play in...especially when we could play at Thompson! Skitching down the street outside the Hanover Inn was a blast amongst many other fond memories of Hanover..like the time after graduating when I borrowed one Frat's crest, which was hanging over their fireplace, and letting it adorn the wall at Scorpios Pub! ahh those were the days...

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                  Snively65, any game has the potential to be the greatest game.......

It should be a good game, ending in a 0-0 tie (which, of course, would be impossible in a tournament.)
                  Game within the game could be the PK, as neither team takes many penalties, and when they do, they are the two best PK Teams in Div 1.

Comment

Dartmouth has played two games a season for years against a league rival whose specialty is an (ahem!) defensive game. The Green should be well prepared to face a trap.

Comment

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I have two Standing Room tickets for the first day available (as long as will call can switch) free. First person to email me at josh.gibney at gmail can have them.
                      Last edited by Gibber; 12-27-2012, 05:27 AM.

Comment

"UNH Returns to Dartmouth for Holiday Tourney"
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Dartmouth Game Notes
                          Go Dartmouth!

Comment

Gameday! Go Beavers!
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Gameday! Go Beavers!
                              Go Beavers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                                Dartmouth has played two games a season for years against a league rival whose specialty is an (ahem!) defensive game. The Green should be well prepared to face a trap.
                                UNH does not play a traditional trap defense; never have, never will. But, both Dartmouth and UNH clog the middle in front of their nets this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X