Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

That was a heavyweight match right there. Harvard looked legit so I think this is a huge feather in the cap for BC.

Great great win. Harvard was heavy and stifling early on. Didn’t think they’d pop in 4 after seeing the first 20 minutes.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

4-2 final SHG by Mclaughlin, Knight was great, Harvard is very good.

Comment

Huge win! I can’t believe the difference between the way this team plays vs what we’ve seen in the last 3-4 years . Even the team that went to FF in ‘16 . This team is talented and deep and Knight , if he stays long enough might be the best ever at Boston College. On another note, the uniforms forced me to take a cold shower

Comment

Thought they controlled a lot of the play after the first 15 which was really encouraging. Penalties hurt momentum and they need to continue to focus on being more disciplined. 1st, 3rd and 4th line were all great tonight.

Boldly still isn’t clicking yet. It’s really weird with him, he’s playing well, doing all the right things but nothing seems to be going his way scoring wise.

The 3rd line with Newhook/Rasanen/Hardman is really starting to go off. I have a Gaudreau like feeling about Newhook where he took a bit to figure college hockey out and is jumping into hyper drive. Newhook’s speed is really impressive.

Helleson and Warren have really solidified the defense. Great freshman class, just waiting for Boldy to get going.

Big 2 games with ND, hoping for a split minimum to build off of heading into the break. Would expect to see Knight, Newhook, Boldy, and outside shots of McBain and Helleson in the WJC. Only game effected would be against UVM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
            Thought they controlled a lot of the play after the first 15 which was really encouraging. Penalties hurt momentum and they need to continue to focus on being more disciplined. 1st, 3rd and 4th line were all great tonight.

Boldly still isn’t clicking yet. It’s really weird with him, he’s playing well, doing all the right things but nothing seems to be going his way scoring wise.

The 3rd line with Newhook/Rasanen/Hardman is really starting to go off. I have a Gaudreau like feeling about Newhook where he took a bit to figure college hockey out and is jumping into hyper drive. Newhook’s speed is really impressive.

Helleson and Warren have really solidified the defense. Great freshman class, just waiting for Boldy to get going.

Big 2 games with ND, hoping for a split minimum to build off of heading into the break. Would expect to see Knight, Newhook, Boldy, and outside shots of McBain and Helleson in the WJC. Only game effected would be against UVM.
            A work in progress but after the 1st period and down 2-0 they turn into a Jekyll and Hyde team

At one point they were stuck at 3 SOG for a long time then something woke them up

We want 60 minutes of the 2nd and third periods

Minimize the needless penalties and keep up the tight forechecking and physicallity to bottle up the opposition

Simple short passes and don’t pass up good shooting opportunities

🦅
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Nice wins by BC and UMass. HEA needs that positive data.

Comment

Best road non conference win since? Might have to look into that tomorrow.

Even though the Boldy line isn't scoring, bumping McLaughlin to 4th line and having Giles back has solidified the lineup. Goaltending and defense has been pretty stable. Two lines that are really clicking. That final piece will be Boldy hitting the scoresheet. As has been mentioned, he's not playing poorly. He's getting chances and shots on goal. Just looking for that breakthrough. I do wonder if they would consider moving him back to LW and having McBain center that line.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Best road non conference win since? Might have to look into that tomorrow.

Even though the Boldy line isn't scoring, bumping McLaughlin to 4th line and having Giles back has solidified the lineup. Goaltending and defense has been pretty stable. Two lines that are really clicking. That final piece will be Boldy hitting the scoresheet. As has been mentioned, he's not playing poorly. He's getting chances and shots on goal. Just looking for that breakthrough. I do wonder if they would consider moving him back to LW and having McBain center that line.
                  IMO

BEST road win since beating PC 3-2 this year at the Schneider

PC is ranked 13 now and was ranked in the top 10 when they beat BC decisively 6-2
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Oh ya they have won some good league games on the road but we all know the NC struggles in recent years. Bring on the Irish.

Comment

Irish in a rough patch but they’re always ready for the Eagles . Gotta get a split here .

Comment

Big big win with major positive PWR implications. Now two more chances to solidify that this coming weekend. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic and that's without Boldy impacting the scoresheet, but if you watch him, you know it's only a matter of time until he breaks through.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Lots of good things in yesterday's game. Overcoming a 2-0 deficit, Knight's composure and control in the net. The play of Hustho and Rasanen was just terrific. That first goal was text book, PP face off, Matilla draws it back to Finkelstein, down to Hutsko on the half wall, he holds the puck until Rasanan finds some open ice in the slot. pass over to the middle redirected up over the shoulder. Just like they drew it up. No one changes speed or direction and reverses himself better than Hutsko, and Rasanen is playing hard nose hockey, wins face offs, working hard down low, he is now getting rewarded. Nice to see.
                          Last edited by DNAEagle; 11-30-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Stop Being Happy!!!!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Also meant to say in the last couple years falling behind 1-0 was a problem. 2-0? Forget about it. Turn the lights out, game over.

Comment

Congrats on the news!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X