LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

The Lakers lead the nation in goals given up . The Lakers went from a good team to the worst team defensively in the nation all in one season . Watching them is hard to do . They don't seem to be playing with any coordination .

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      The Lakers lead the nation in goals given up . The Lakers went from a good team to the worst team defensively in the nation all in one season . Watching them is hard to do . They don't seem to be playing with any coordination .
      Straus Mann of Michigan is 20th in the nation in .GAA and 15th in Save % and has the same winning percentage as Mareks Mitens, who ranks in the 60s in both categories.

This is not really relevant, but just an interesting thing I noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
        This is bad. I liked what I saw earlier in the season playing Denver tough, and thought the Lakers would improve based on how close they played. But this team is incapable of keeping the puck out of their net. I kind of regret shelling out for the TV package because this stuff is not fun to watch at all right now.
        Yeah, I am glad other games are included in the package. I have turned to other games the past 3 games.

Comment

Go figure the Lakers play much better tonight but run into a hot goalie.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

The Lakers played a good game last night. That third period was all Lakers. But,here is the problem. They still found a way to lose. They need to win and not just slap themselves on the back for playing a good game. Playing good games can still have you finish at the bottom of the standings. They need to find a way to win . I would rather see them play bad games and win ,over playing good games and losing. They need to find a way to win .

Comment

The Lakers have received a new commitment from a D-man for next season:

https://www.waterlooblackhawks.com/n...e/show/1066237

Comment

Play the freshman goalie tomorrow. Does it matter who is in net .

Comment

This is embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    Play the freshman goalie tomorrow. Does it matter who is in net .
                    Wouldn't surprise me to see it, if for no other reason than to try and shake things up.

We haven't had a lead in the last 5 games. It would really help if we can get the first goal tomorrow night.

Comment

I wonder why Roman didn't make the trip? I think Damon hasnt given him a fair chance. Reminds me of Kevin Aldridge in Damon's first season.

Comment

You just have to love the Laker power play .Have they scored any goals with it yet this season .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          You just have to love the Laker power play .Have they scored any goals with it yet this season .
                          54th nationally, 5PPGF / 56 PPopps, 1 SHGA. It gets worse: Vermont is 1-for-33!

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Half of their power play opportunities last night were cut short by the Lakers taking penalties of their own.

Comment

It is becoming apparent that the program has one competitive season in every five years or so. This is not sustainable. Fan apathy is at an all time high. There just doesn't seem to be anything exciting about the team, the recruiting or even the league anymore. The team's play last night just drives another nail into the coffin. Hopefully there is a turn around soon but do Laker fan's even hope anymore????

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                I wonder why Roman didn't make the trip? I think Damon hasnt given him a fair chance. Reminds me of Kevin Aldridge in Damon's first season.
                                They gave Aldridge a period, I was at that game, he was completely outclassed in the time he was on the ice. Actually, according to Elite Prospects, he played in 4 games, had a 4.8 GAA and a .823 Save%.

Roman, on the other hand, doesn't look to be much of a step up above Mitens. They play really similarly. Never having seen the freshman play, maybe the way they tend is different, thus is why he made the trip instead.

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                                Hopefully there is a turn around soon but do Laker fan's even hope anymore????
                                Of course we have hope, I think we have to. But theres only so many times that a team can be blown out, or, quote, "be the better team but run into a hot goalie".

Hell, at this point, why not play around with the positions. You have forwards like Basicllico who don't score much, but certainly has his role, why not make him into a psuedo defenseman. He has a big body, long reach, and I'm sure would serve well. Roll with an extra forward because of it.
                                LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X