No announcement yet.

D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 game unbeaten streak for the Toms Shel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
      26 game unbeaten streak for the Toms Shel.
      They would have been #1 if I had a vote before yesterday’s win, a tie or a win today only reaffirms it more.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        They would have been #1 if I had a vote before yesterday’s win, a tie or a win today only reaffirms it more.
        Gusties 2 Tommies 0 after 2
        Last edited by Birdwatcher; 01-12-2019, 03:21 PM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Gusties 2 Tommies 0 after 2
          2 -2 Final
          4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
          SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
            2 -2 Final
            No. 1 in my book. Nice third period comeback against a top-10 team on the road. 13-0-1 with a 2-0-1 record vs. top-10 ranked teams.

Should be in good shape to roll for the rest of January and then they have to go to River Falls and then close the regular season with a home and home vs. Hamline. Three huge games for the Tommies.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              No. 1 in my book.
              Never is a top western team #1 in my book. Weaker opponents. Weaker schedule. No comparison to the top eastern teams. Not until they find a way to break through and finally win the one game that means anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Never is a top western team #1 in my book. Weaker opponents. Weaker schedule. No comparison to the top eastern teams. Not until they find a way to break through and finally win the one game that means anything.
                Generally fair assessment given D3 women’s hockey history. However, I feel the Western teams have closed the gap in recent years. Hamline, Adrian, River Falls and Gustavus Adolphus have all picked up wins over top Eastern teams in the last 3-4 years.

Undefeated is undefeated in this case. If Plattsburgh or elmira had one loss, I’m still voting for the Eastern team. But, with two I’m giving the nod to the unbeaten team.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Generally fair assessment given D3 women’s hockey history. However, I feel the Western teams have closed the gap in recent years. Hamline, Adrian, River Falls and Gustavus Adolphus have all picked up wins over top Eastern teams in the last 3-4 years.
                  There is a reason that Adrian is coming east two weekends every year now.

Undefeated is undefeated in this case. If Plattsburgh or elmira had one loss, I’m still voting for the Eastern team. But, with two I’m giving the nod to the unbeaten team.
                  That said, I agree with Derek here. St. Thomas is #1 to me until someone beats them.
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    There is a reason that Adrian is coming east two weekends every year now.
                    Gotta play the cream of the crop to be the best in the end. Adrian also has very friendly travel budget to be able to fund these trips. Something not all Division III schools have the luxury to do even if they wanted to.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

d3hockey.com is first to post their poll for 1/14.

# School (1st votes) Prev.
                      1 Elmira (10) 1
                      2 Plattsburgh State (2) 2
                      3 St. Thomas (2) 3
                      4 Norwich 4
                      5 Adrian (1) 5
                      6 UW-River Falls 6
                      7 Hamline 7
                      8 Middlebury 8
                      9 Gustavus Adolphus 9
                      10 UW-Eau Claire 10

Dropped Out: None

Others receiving votes: Williams 7, Trinity 3, Suffolk 1, Utica 1

I may personally be among others who think St. Thomas should be ranked 1st, but I understand the reasoning. What I don't understand why Trinity is receiving votes...
                      Last edited by Scott_TG; 01-14-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

1 Elmira (10) 1
                        3 St. Thomas (2) 3
                        4 Norwich 4
                        5 Adrian (1) 5
                        6 UW-River Falls 6
                        7 Hamline 7
                        8 Middlebury 8
                        9 Gustavus Adolphus 9
                        10 UW-Eau Claire 10

I may personally be among others who think St. Thomas should be ranked 1st, but I understand the reasoning. What I don't understand why Trinity is receiving votes...
                        Uscho in too...St. Thomas getting a lot more love in the USCHO poll.

Rnk Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
                        1 Elmira (8) 12-2-1 142 3
                        2 Plattsburgh (1) 13-2-0 128 1
                        3 St. Thomas (6) 13-0-1 125 4
                        4 Norwich 12-3-0 95 5
                        5 Adrian 12-3-0 94 2
                        6 Wisconsin-River Falls 15-2-0 78 6
                        7 Middlebury 8-1-3 64 7
                        8 Hamline 12-1-2 54 8
                        9 Gustavus Adolphus 8-4-2 28 9
                        10 Williams 9-3-1 8 NR
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Gotta play the cream of the crop to be the best in the end. Adrian also has very friendly travel budget to be able to fund these trips. Something not all Division III schools have the luxury to do even if they wanted to.
                          I understand all of that. My point was is that if that was available out west, Adrian wouldn't be coming east twice a year.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            I understand all of that. My point was is that if that was available out west, Adrian wouldn't be coming east twice a year.
                            You may remember that St. Thomas was not allowed by their school to compete in playoffs last season when they tied for the conference regular season championship and would have been given the top seed in the conference tournament. Was a solid team that tied Hamline 3-3 and then and beat Hamline 3-0 in their regular season finale. Hamline was averaging 5 or more goals a game and had roughly 3 of the top 4 point leaders in DIII hockey. A team that eventually took 3rd nationally. The previous season, St. Thomas team struggled in the first half of the season and was the 5 seed in the conference tournament. St. Thomas won the conference tournament to earn a NCAA tournament bid. They were at the time about a 14 rank in the country, and was seeded 8, behind Gustavus, a team that St. Thomas has played 3 times that season. 2 wins and 1 tie as the result. Gustavus was given a higher seed as I guess the NCAA folks figured the St. Thomas turn around was just luck. That being the background, St. Thomas traveled to play #1 Plattsburgh. A game where the final score was 4-2 Plattsburgh. Shots 34-31, edge to Plattsburgh. In viewing the game, it was very competitive. I know that the east has dominated the championship game, but there are some very good teams in the West. Just not enough travel money to make the East West games happen. Adrian is halfway there compared to most of the West teams. Would like to see a NCAA tournament where the East coast seeds have to do the travel. Understand that it has to be earned, but home or familiar rink advantage is just another edge to the East.
                            Last edited by MIAC_Hockey_Dad; 01-14-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

1 Elmira (10) 1
                              3 St. Thomas (2) 3
                              4 Norwich 4
                              5 Adrian (1) 5
                              6 UW-River Falls 6
                              7 Hamline 7
                              8 Middlebury 8
                              9 Gustavus Adolphus 9
                              10 UW-Eau Claire 10

Suffolk surprises me. Decent team, not the strongest schedule. Endicott/Norwich 2-2, going to OT.

Comment

Originally posted by MIAC_Hockey_Dad View Post
                                You may remember that St. Thomas was not allowed by their school to compete in playoffs last season when they tied for the conference regular season championship and would have been given the top seed in the conference tournament. Was a solid team that tied Hamline 3-3 and then and beat Hamline 3-0 in their regular season finale. Hamline was averaging 5 or more goals a game and had roughly 3 of the top 4 point leaders in DIII hockey. A team that eventually took 3rd nationally. The previous season, St. Thomas team struggled in the first half of the season and was the 5 seed in the conference tournament. St. Thomas won the conference tournament to earn a NCAA tournament bid. They were at the time about a 14 rank in the country, and was seeded 8, behind Gustavus, a team that St. Thomas has played 3 times that season. 2 wins and 1 tie as the result. Gustavus was given a higher seed as I guess the NCAA folks figured the St. Thomas turn around was just luck. That being the background, St. Thomas traveled to play #1 Plattsburgh. A game where the final score was 4-2 Plattsburgh. Shots 34-31, edge to Plattsburgh. In viewing the game, it was very competitive. I know that the east has dominated the championship game, but there are some very good teams in the West. Just not enough travel money to make the East West games happen. Adrian is halfway there compared to most of the West teams. Would like to see a NCAA tournament where the East coast seeds have to do the travel. Understand that it has to be earned, but home or familiar rink advantage is just another edge to the East.
                                this potentially could be the year that St. Thomas gets to host for the West. If it is East the next two years, it has to go West the following year.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X