This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Hey now Ryan Gosling saved Jazz!!! To quote John Mulaney, "so we took that from them".
    One of my favorites.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

American Assasin:

I have not read the books.
      Can you smash more cliches into a story? JFC, the first part was good, a nice character study, then it spiraled downward into every action movie ever. Meh.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        American Assasin:

I have not read the books.
        Can you smash more cliches into a story? JFC, the first part was good, a nice character study, then it spiraled downward into every action movie ever. Meh.
        mookie reads.
        if they never make another rapp movie, it will be too soon.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Blinded by the Light. This is a movie by the people who made Bend it Like Beckham.

I liked the movie. Basically it's the story of a teenage Pakistani boy living in Thatcher-led Britain in the 1980's. He's subjected to racial abuse, an overbearing Pakistani father and household rules, on top of the normal misery that goes along with being a high school age kid. A friend lends him a couple of tapes of music by Bruce Springsteen and he finds a small amount of hope in the lyrics which seem to describe his life but also speak of breaking out of the rut and chasing whatever dreams he may have.

To watch the movie you are going to have to be able to listen to a sizable Springsteen soundtrack. There are also some instances where the movie breaks into a kind of silly High School Musical or Glee performance of some of the songs.

But, if you've ever had the experience of putting on the headphones, listening to a song for the first time, and have the lyrics speak to you in a way that no other song has, you'll probably enjoy the movie.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            To watch the movie you are going to have to be able to listen to a sizable Springsteen soundtrack.
            Is that a problem for anyone? Sounds like a high point to me!

Comment

The Grass Is Greener:

Part educational, part propaganda, but worth a watch. History of sticky-icky/ganja/weed/etc in America, the laws, the culture, etc. Accurately enough, but still funny as hell, is that Snoop Dogg made some of the most articulate points about the herb.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Is that a problem for anyone? Sounds like a high point to me!
                I can’t stand his music
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I can’t stand his music
                  I like it in general, but he always sounds like he's struggling to squeeze out a gigantic sh*.

Comment

I can’t stand his music
                    Hey. I'm the sourpuss around here.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Hey. I'm the sourpuss around here.
                      I will say this. I didn’t understand Born in the USA until relatively recently. Before that I only played it on Fourth of July holiday.

When I actually understood the entirety of the song rather than the chorus, I realized the irony of playing it as a Freedom Anthem while gaining a respect for it.

That being said, I generally don’t like his music, but that might change now that I know he doesn’t have a raging murica boner.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That being said, I generally don’t like his music, but that might change now that I know he doesn’t have a raging murica boner.
                        Oh man, he's exactly the opposite. His politics is not distinguishable from Michael Moore and his body of work is more jaded than Roger and Me.

He's our Billy Bragg.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Jeebus
                          Code:

Comment

Jeebus
                            He's hardcore working man/non R. Hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Oh man, he's exactly the opposite. His politics is not distinguishable from Michael Moore and his body of work is more jaded than Roger and Me.

He's our Billy Bragg.
                              billy didn't send any kids to boston college

billy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bruce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4v8VJ0LRgA
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Bruce told Reagan to get bent when he tried co-opting his song. Hell Bruce caught a lot of flack (even around here) for his song "The Rising" after 9/11.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X