Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I think we agree on more than you seem to think, Greg (and no, I'm not trolling you).

I asked an open question to start this thread. Personally, I think UNH made modest but acceptable progress in the regular season, but the way they lost to UMass - not the simple fact that they lost - IMO gives away some of the progress that had been made post-Thanksgiving Day. It was nice to see a UNH team finish the season better than they started it, so that was a plus in comparison to most recent seasons - especially last season. But the postseason? The postseason, the bane of the UNH fan's existence? When your program is judged most closely by others (including future recruits) for its success? More of the same.

Northeastern just won the HE title (and deservedly so), after winning 4 straight one goal games. That included two QF round games against a UMaine team that didn't finish all that far ahead of UNH. You didn't see UMaine (or anyone else) blowing a 3 goal lead, then not showing up in the next game. In fact, the largest margin of victory/defeat after 6-0 UMass in Game Two were 3 games that were three goal games - two with BU over Lowell, and the BC semifinal win over UMass. Lowell beat BU by 2 goals.

Every other game in the entire HE Tourney was quite literally a one goal game.

I wanted (and still want worse than anything) UNH to rid themselves of postseason labels which over the years have (deservedly) been attached to program. Instead. last weekend reinforced them.

Justify/excuse it all as you see fit - as anyone sees fit, for that matter. We're all fans, in our own ways.

I cannot - and will not - stand by and enable yet another UNH team's poor postseason performance.

JMHO
    Yawn.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

TvR got his third goal of season on Sunday and Pesce got a goal on Saturday.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
        Yawn.
        Sorry, Greg. I may not be able to sleep tonight, in the knowledge you've not been suitably engaged.

For another (uninteresting yet bizarre?) bit of postseason trivia for you all to consider … take a look at the Sunday results from the various conference championship games.

https://www.uscho.com/gameday/divisi...19/2019-03-23/

Trivia questions:

(1) What did six of the seven games all have in common?
        (2) How was the seventh game otherwise different from the other six?
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          TvR got his third goal of season on Sunday and Pesce got a goal on Saturday.
          Just a couple of jerks those two are. (hint...why is this not a put down??) Go 'Canes!!!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Trivia questions:

(1) What did six of the seven games all have in common?
            (2) How was the seventh game otherwise different from the other six?
            (1) All ended with a 3-2 score.
            (2) The WCHA tournament championship was played on a campus site

Comment

Today's Boston Globe sports page (C7) presents the bracket for the 2019 NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship. It has Harvard facing off against UMass Lowell.

Ouch ............

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                Today's Boston Globe sports page (C7) presents the bracket for the 2019 NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship. It has Harvard facing off against UMass Lowell.

Ouch ............
                HR loves it....ha!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

UMA thread is on page 2. Posers.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

Actually the Big Tem championship was played on a campus site as well. Notre Dame.

Comment

Part two answer is the only non one-goal finish (Denver 6, CC 1) was a third-place game (meaningless)...
                      Last edited by Dan; 03-26-2019, 07:52 PM.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Part two answer is the only non one-goal finish (Denver 6, CC 1) was a third-place game (meaningless)...
                        Trick question then... But the question said "Conference championship games." NOT consolation game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Here's your winner, with the correct explanation to boot.

chickod was the first to get the first part right.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

https://youtu.be/b5THX7td0rU

Just because:-)
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              Can't believe it's been ten years. I was almost young then...

Comment

Can't believe it's been ten years. I was almost young then...
                                Haha. No kidding. I'm pushing 69 this year. Better than pushing daisys tho
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X