Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019 and Beyond: Something Something Three True Outcomes....

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Agreed.

Baseball is weird in that there is a very unique micro culture in each and every clubhouse. This extends beyond the clubhouse into the game itself where many, MANY norms are used while playing the game (think the "Unwritten Rules"). One of the keys is "what happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse".

Baseball as a whole seems to have a "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" mentality because the above mantra is strong. Think about how long steroids were around before concrete evidence came out. Now it seems the front of choice has moved onto technology.

It's a house of cards. Since everyone is doing it, everyone keeps their mouth shut. Once it's discovered however, some people will jump ship (some to clear a conscious, others for fame/publicity, and some of course for $$$$)
    See, Kep? He gets it. He speaks sportsball.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The city of Los Angeles passed a unanimous resolution urging MLB to take championships away from Boston and Houston and give them to the Dodgers.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        The city of Los Angeles passed a unanimous resolution urging MLB to take championships away from Boston and Houston and give them to the Dodgers.
        I think we still all need to keep in mind how much Dodgers fans still need to go **** themselves.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          I think we still all need to keep in mind how much Dodgers fans still need to go **** themselves.
          The only Dodgers fans are in nursing homes in Borough Park.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

HOF 2020 announcement:

D. Jeter, 99.7%
            L. Walker, 76.6%
            Last edited by JF_Gophers; 01-21-2020, 05:22 PM.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              HOF 2020 announcement:

D. Jeter, 99.7%
              L. Walker, 76.6%
              Eager to see the rest of the ballot. Pretty sure Bonds and Clemens aren't any closer.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                HOF 2020 announcement:

D. Jeter, 99.7%
                L. Walker, 76.6%
                **** the guy who kept Jeter from unanimous.
                If Jeter isn't a hall of famer to you...sorry but you shouldn't be a voter.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  **** the guy who didn't give it to Griffey first. If The Kid didn't get it, Mo definitely shouldn't have.

#TeamNotUnanimous
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    If Jeter isn't a hall of famer to you...sorry but you shouldn't be a voter.
                    While i wouldn't leave Jeter off. There are legitimate reasons to not vote for him in a given year.

If the ballot is full and there are several people either at the end of their eligibility or in danger of falling off due to lack of votes. You can justify not voting for Jeter who a) is in yr 1 and wont fall off, and b) was always going to get elected.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Schilling got 70%.

He's the only one who has a realistic chance next year?

Comment

I’m a little surprised Jeter got that high of %. I’m not necessarily big on the stupid games some writers play, I’m just surprised there wasn’t the same games played. I get it, he’s “YEA! JEETS!” but he was surrounded by an incredible cast throughout his career. Which is fine, a lot of people have been.

But it’s funny that his gray numbers are literally average for a HOFer.
                        https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...#all_hof_other

Second all time offensive WAR, but fourth worst defensive WAR (-8.3) for a SS top JAWS SS. Heh, now I’m digging into it. No one below a +5.5 dWAR has ever been elected as SS. Just to show you how important that position usually is defensively.*. For middle infield, only Biggio (-2.9), and Carew (-1.7) have ever gotten in under 0. Edgar Martinez (-9, 2/3 of his games at DH), Molitor (-6.9, 1/2 at DH) got in. Eight 1B were worse and got in. 7 LF, 2 CF (mantle and Cobb), 11 RF. Zero C ever. 12 IF, 32 OF have ever been elected with sub-zero dWAR.

That said, he almost certainly belongs given his longevity and overall milestone accumulation. It’s just interesting the dynamics of elections.

*i still can’t believe they didn’t move his *** to 3B or some other position where he couldn’t do as much damage. Then again, when you surround yourself with juiced up howitzers who can’t play defense either...
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://aarongleeman.com/2014/06/04/...s-derek-jeter/

Just sayin'.

And Nolan Ryan got 98+% of the vote for HOF. It's a BS snobbery thing with the HOF.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            You're saying Mauer doesn't belong in either?
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Schilling got 70%.

He's the only one who has a realistic chance next year?
                              The election is between now and then. Perhaps Dump will lose and he'll be killed in The Great Orc Uprising.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                You're saying Mauer doesn't belong in either?
                                Hes unlikely to get in. Although if just looking at catcher, he probably is worthy.

Id imagine hes a veterans committee guy down the road, or a last yr eligibility type.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X