World Juniors 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    HUGE sequence there for the US! Two goals about 10 seconds apart give the US a 2-0 lead late in the 2nd.

Knight has been great so far.
    This is a hella lot more exciting than watching the Lions emasculate my Packers. 😝
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Re: World Juniors 2020

USA wins it 3-1. They were blocking shots left and right in the third.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Russia had no problem being a dirty team today. Glad the refs were on top of most of it!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          Really impressive team victory today.

US is in great shape for a top 2 spot and can clinch the division with a win over Czech and Canada dropping a point somewhere in its last two games.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            Russia had no problem being a dirty team today. Glad the refs were on top of most of it!
            SET LURKING = OFF

Lots of Russian interference?

SET LURKING = ON
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

and just like that Canada bounces back with a 4-1 win over Germany to surge from last in the group to first by virtue of its head to head tiebreaker win over the US.

US can clinch 2nd place in the group with a win over the host Czechs at 1pm.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Assuming both the US and TC beat the host today and tomorrow. US will play the Swiss and TC will get Slovakia in the quarters. It will be interesting to see if Russia can beat the Germans tomorrow. I think with Lafreniare out the Canadians are not a lock on the gold.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                  Assuming both the US and TC beat the host today and tomorrow. US will play the Swiss and TC will get Slovakia in the quarters. It will be interesting to see if Russia can beat the Germans tomorrow. I think with Lafreniare out the Canadians are not a lock on the gold.
                  For Canada it all comes down to goaltending...if weak or ok they go no where's. Just like the US needs solid goaltending and staying out of the box. Russia will be good to top the Germans...Sweden looks tough but NEVER/EVER count out the Finns.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    Were the Canadians a lock for gold with Lafreniere? The days of Canada coasting to a medal are long gone in this tournament. I don’t think Canada has shown me anything more than any of the other teams in Group B so far and Sweden/Finland always strong in the other pool.

The Czechs are going to be a tough out on home ice for anyone.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they pulled something out vs. Canada or the US.

US up 1-0 early as Pinto continues to be the goal scoring horse for this club so far.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Wow. A Zegras assist makes it 3-2 USA early second. Do yourself a favor and look this one up...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Wow. A Zegras assist makes it 3-2 USA early second. Do yourself a favor and look this one up...
                        Zegras is a setup magician.

What a tournament.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Hope no one is a fan of 5-on-5 hockey...
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Zegras is a setup magician.

What a tournament.
                            He really is. What a play.

Huge period coming up here with a win the US is a lock for, at least, second. With a loss they’re headed for Sweden or Finland in the quarters (most likely)...
                            Last edited by Dan; 12-30-2019, 02:06 PM.
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

The US has gotta stay out of the box.

Knight has been playing really well but penalties are killing them.

This Czech crowd is nuts.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Hell of a time to break out of the funk!

Welcome to the 2020 WJC Cole Caufield. Great setup in OT by the Wisconsin trio to step up in a big moment!

4-3 US wins. Locks up atleast 2nd in the group!
                                Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 12-30-2019, 02:54 PM.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X