Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Perhaps I missed it here, but reading some reporters' accounts, Finn was not going to tell Rey that he loved her. Instead, his reveal was to say that he's Force sensitive. This is per a Q&A with J.J. Abrams. Abrams then chose to not have Finn disclose that prior to the end of the movie just to mess with people.

I've read that same thing in three spots, so I guess it's true. Such is life.
    No it is pretty obvious that is what he was gonna tell her...the whole not telling her thing was stupid as hell.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      No it is pretty obvious that is what he was gonna tell her...the whole not telling her thing was stupid as hell.
      The not telling was a flaw (although a nitpick) in my eyes.

Force sensitive made the most sense.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

HISHE > Di$ney

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I never thought he was going to tell her he loved her. It would have been out of place and awkward as hell, never mind illogical.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I never thought he was going to tell her he loved her. It would have been out of place and awkward as hell, never mind illogical.
            Correct. He was all about Rose, and in this last one, the other ex-Imperial sista.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Just saw it a second time, and still came away thinking that. Especially the movie potential for Fenn.

It is interesting that the empire rounded up some people with force sensitivity. By accident.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Just saw it a second time, and still came away thinking that. Especially the movie potential for Fenn.

It is interesting that the empire rounded up some people with force sensitivity. By accident.
                From all the movies, the Force is there in everyone. It's a matter of whether or not they realize it (the [sp] medichlorian levels).

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  I've read that speculated as well. I can go along with that...just one more thing to wonder though...why does Maz have Han's medal?
                  So I ended up in the theater when my buddy was in town and wanted to take his kids to the show. While watching the time when Leia gets ready to take her leave, she's clutching Han's medal. Maz must've taken it from her bed after she vanished. So the Pirate's Cove owner took it upon herself to give Han's medal to Chewie.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I find it best to not think too much about the things that happen in this movie. If you try and break things down or find the logic behind it the movie becomes rather awful. The less you worry about details the more you enjoy it
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I find it best to not think too much about the things that happen in this movie. If you try and break things down or find the logic behind it the movie becomes rather awful. The less you worry about details the more you enjoy it
                      A couple people have asked me about the movie. I have said:

If you go in as a fanboy, you'll hate it.
                      If you go in as an avid fan, but not hardcore, you'll really like it.

I haven't had too many dissenting opinions on that take at all.

Comment

Haven’t seen it yet but I’m generally not one to worry about spoilers...

Was there any reference to the boy at the end of The Last Jedi who moved the broom with the force?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Haven’t seen it yet but I’m generally not one to worry about spoilers...

Was there any reference to the boy at the end of The Last Jedi who moved the broom with the force?
                          No. This movie goes out of it's way to undo that movie...
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            A couple people have asked me about the movie. I have said:

If you go in as a fanboy, you'll hate it.
                            If you go in as an avid fan, but not hardcore, you'll really like it.

I haven't had too many dissenting opinions on that take at all.
                            I'm a fan boy and I liked it
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm a fan boy and I liked it
                              You are an exception, apparently.

I'm prob gonna see it again tomorrow, to pick up anything I missed the first time. Standard MO for these kinds of movies. Especially the whole Sith voices thingamabob. It's prob just noise, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                You are an exception, apparently.

I'm prob gonna see it again tomorrow, to pick up anything I missed the first time. Standard MO for these kinds of movies. Especially the whole Sith voices thingamabob. It's prob just noise, but you never know.
                                This is one of those things that Disney started putting into their various books to help sell multi-media experiences. Those "Sith voices" are, I'm willing to bet, the Sith acolytes that have no Force sensitivity, but more or less worship the Sith. They were going around the galaxy to collect various artifacts in a couple of the books I read after VII was released.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X