Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Maine finally scores with less than a minute left with goalie pulled. To OT we go!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Wow, Maine finally scores with less than a minute left with goalie pulled. To OT we go!
      Wahoo! At least the finish was exciting. Nice feed from Smith, way to go to the net and finish it off Shea!

Big comeback for confidence building.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

HUGE win!

Comment

Incredible finish.

Comment

I've seen better played pick-up games. Brutal to watch.

Again, though, Sway carried this inept team. Maine should have lost 2-0 or (even 3-0 ) in regulation, not that UNH looked much better.

I'm happy that Maine won, but I kinda want my 3 hours back.

Comment

Who is this team. 58 minutes of not much then 4 minutes of playing. Reds prior teams couldn't finish out a game.

Nice sweep.

Comment

The assist on the GWG was the 100th point of Mitchell Fossier's career.

Attendance topped 5000 tonight.

Maine's 7-3-2 start is the best since 2006, when the team started 8-0-1 (8-3-1 through 12 games) including wins at Xcel against #3 Minnesota and two at #3 North Dakota.

Maine now plays seven consecutive games on the road, with Hockey East pairs @Northeastern and @UMass.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  Who is this team. 58 minutes of not much then 4 minutes of playing. Reds prior teams couldn't finish out a game.

Nice sweep.
                  IMO, this team is exactly what it appears to be, and that much it pretty obvious.

If not for Swayman..?

The usual Red team.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-16-2019, 11:40 PM.

Comment

for right now, its all good. happy as can be, our scoring is about what I thought, our defense is about what I thought, Swayman just wonderful. Our penalties down this year-- and in this game they were pivotal . . . I said 8th before the season-- Would be wonderful to end up fourth . . .

Football team almost coughed up a lung, but should be (should be) a win away from the playoffs. (If we beat UNH, as i believe we should, but I am not betting the farm . . . hard to turn down a team on a 5 game win streak that beat Albany who is also doing well-- sorry that the basketball team lost to Portland tonight- a Portland team with Isaiah Wright, who should have been with us . . .)

Next weekend huge for all! Viva Maine!

Comment

Good weekend to be a Black Bear!! I for one shall enjoy it

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Recruits playing in Lewiston
                        https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/11/1...Ahd7fPni85WD_0

If you want fans in the seats, sweeping UNH is a good way to get people excited and back into Alfond
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Recruits playing in Lewiston
                          https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/11/1...Ahd7fPni85WD_0

If you want fans in the seats, sweeping UNH is a good way to get people excited and back into Alfond
                          Sweeping UNH is good for everyone’s health too. There are lots of benefits. The weather even seems better today.

Here are wabi highlights...
                          https://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Maine-Hockey-wins-a-thriller-sweeps-New-Hampshire-565055192.html

Comment

The feed from the corner for the win, a back hand by Smith was perfect. Unh D was coasting and goalie wasn't expecting that.

https://***********/MaineIceHockey/s...057535488?s=09

This should be a link to the 2 goals.
                            Last edited by NorthMike; 11-17-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• According to hockeyeastonline the games at Northeastern are on nesn+.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                Good weekend to be a Black Bear!! I for one shall enjoy it
                                Girls hockey won in OT Friday. Now they play UConn on the road today at 2 pm. With a win they go to 6-4-2 and 4th in hockey east standings. The game can be watched for free. Good way to pass time before the Patriots game comes on at 4:30 pm. If lady blackbears and patriots win today I would not have anything to ***** about.

Comment

Working...
                                X