• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Loved it
    The stairs were a surprise.
    They also employed a six person dance team (3m3f) who were outstanding.
    They made sure nobody missed the shrug at the end. Single spotlight on anotherwise empty stage. Mookie laughed out loud with some others.

June trip planned to Prague Vienna and Budapest to see what those companies have to offer if you’ll be in the neighborhood
    I have been to the Wiener Staatsoper but only for a tour, never a show. It is jaw-droppingly spectacular. Emperors get sh-t done.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I have been to the Wiener Staatsoper but only for a tour, never a show. It is jaw-droppingly spectacular. Emperors get sh-t done.
      nice. we are going to try and hit Pinocchio there. also head to volksoper while in vienna.

national theatre and at theatre of the estates in prague.
      in budapest they are doing the ring at mupa. we will take one night there and then one night at operahaz.
      going to stay 4-3-4 nights over the three cities.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I had no idea the opera houses were even open in the summer. I thought that was when they crammed in all their auditioning and refurb.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I had no idea the opera houses were even open in the summer. I thought that was when they crammed in all their auditioning and refurb.
          Mookie and girl are going right after Ramadan, so may be picking the end of season performances

Operabase.com is mookie’s friend.

Comment

Alas, poor Sears. I knew them well.

@nbcwashington: Sears has rejected Chairman Eddie Lampert's $4.4B bid to save the company, and plans to announce its liquidation plans this morning. http://nbc4dc.com/iWHwN7H
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Who gets Amazon and who gets the Washington Post??

@WTOP: Amazon founder and CEO #JeffBezos said he and his wife MacKenzie have decided to divorce after 25 years of marriage. https://wtop.com/social-media/2019/0...ce-on-twitter/
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Quelle surprise. Like Jobs, he's a workaholic who probably lives in his office most of the time. I expect he'll be trotting out a younger model very soon.

The ex, for her part, is about to become the world's most eligible cougar.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Quelle surprise. Like Jobs, he's a workaholic who probably lives in his office most of the time. I expect he'll be trotting out a younger model very soon.

48. It was past time for an upgrade.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Filthy rich, too, unless the Prenup pauperizes her.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Who gets Amazon and who gets the Washington Post??

@WTOP: Amazon founder and CEO #JeffBezos said he and his wife MacKenzie have decided to divorce after 25 years of marriage. https://wtop.com/social-media/2019/0...ce-on-twitter/
                      If Bezos wants to save his companies' reputations, he splits stock at some rate, and a large cash payout, of course. If not, he'll see a lot of Hausfraus leaving finding new online vendors.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I bid $100 for the 24" snowblower!!

@nbcwashington: Sears will hold an auction on Jan. 14, when it will compare Lampert's offer against liquidators. http://nbc4dc.com/ss7YQ9R
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          48. It was past time for an upgrade.
                          divide by two, plus seven!

Comment

newly ex mrs Bezos will go for more than that!!

Comment

@nbcwashington: Sears will hold an auction on Jan. 14, when it will compare Lampert's offer against liquidators. http://nbc4dc.com/ss7YQ9R
                              $101, Bob!
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                $101, Bob!
                                $420 Bob.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X