Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    10,000 seems reasonable. Though, the more I think about, the more I think I might put the deGrom number much higher. Getting a hit, not just putting the ball in play, is no easy task. I think 10,000 seems about right for me for ball in play.

The rest of the numbers are dead on as well.
    I think you'd be surprised how often you'd make contact. I'm guessing about 1 in 20 which gives you 500 chances. At least half of those will be fouls (many of them barely glancing blows) so say 250 balls in play. One of them will find a hole. Remember: the power of your contact is a function of his speed. If you get lucky the ball is going to actually have fair exit velo.

The practical question is will he hit you first. Getting hit by a MLB fastball might make it psychologically impossible to get back in the batter's box. I'm basically depending on deGrom not screwing around and just throwing strikes because I am a zero threat.
    Last edited by Kepler; 07-12-2019, 04:00 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I think you'd be surprised how often you'd make contact. I'm guessing about 1 in 20 which gives you 500 chances. At least half of those will be fouls (many of them barely glancing blows) so say 250 balls in play. One of them will find a hole.

The practical question is will he hit you first. Getting hit by a MLB fastball might make it psychologically impossible to get back in the batter's box. I'm basically depending on deGrom not screwing around and just throwing strikes because I am a zero threat.
      Well, and after the first thousand throws, his arm will undoubtedly be tired.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Well, and after the first thousand throws, his arm will undoubtedly be tired.
        LOL. I was giving him infinite time. Of course he will age... but so will I. :-)
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I think you'd be surprised how often you'd make contact. I'm guessing about 1 in 20 which gives you 500 chances. At least half of those will be fouls (many of them barely glancing blows) so say 250 balls in play. One of them will find a hole. Remember: the power of your contact is a function of his speed. If you get lucky the ball is going to actually have fair exit velo.

I’ve taken batting practice at 70 and 80 mph before from a machine. Predictable, 4-seam, strike. After thirty swings at 70 and making solid contact once, I decided to lulz and try the 80. It was embarrassing and hilarious. I can only imagine going into 80 or 90+ cold. I feel like I would be swinging and hoping to adjust mid swing.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My 5K best: 27:01

Shalane can run it in about 12.

Marathon best: 4:46:28

Kipchoge has like 2:01:xx.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...ource=vicefbus

Comment

We used to play pickup flag/touch football after highschool, etc. Nothing big. One guy in the group one day happened to be a DIII FB player, 2nd or 3rd string, I forget. He scorched us without even trying. Zero effort. You looked one way, and he'd be 10 yards past you.

So for pros? Forget it.

Also played against Nate Miller (former Gopher hockey) in these games. Not even his sport, and he torched us. The athleticism is on another level.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Sleep tight.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Man tries to get to Isle Royale by jet ski; ends up needing a rescue.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...vxbAjVNfnt84iw
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Would we have been worse off as a species losing a jet-ski rider?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Would we have been worse off as a species losing a jet-ski rider?
                        No. Especially one who tries getting to Isle Royale on a jet ski.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

It always amazes me how people are willing to doubt the danger that is present when navigating the Great Lakes.

Darwin had this victory snatched right out of his hands by sheer, dumb luck.
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

LMAO! What a dumbarse.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              LMAO! What a dumbarse.
                              One hopes he learned his lesson.

Comment

I don’t have a ***** but I bet this hurt

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40796795...ir-of-scissors

Comment

Working...
                                X