This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

I always enjoyed thing on the wing and fallen telephone wire on the grave.

Comment

I'm done with about 10 eps of Cobra Kai (now that Netlix has it on disc). It's wonderful series full of nostalgia. I wasn't expecting anything more than that. Hoping for a sequel that got more in depth than a movie could (so a series, duh ) and it's delivering.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Caught Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? And Midnight Sun near the end of the marathon.

Two absolute classics.
        Ranker is on point for TZ, although "Four O'Clock" and "Steel" should each be far, far higher.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Finished Season 1 of The Witcher. It was pretty good. But, I see references to GOT on the Internet, sorry, it's not in that league. And it came nowhere close to competing with The Watchmen. They made a bizarre choice in the finale that I just hated (don't want to give it away) but other than that it was a Solid "B" series.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            If you're a Watchmen fan and hated episodes 1 + 2 for whatever reason you should watch at least through 3. If you still hate it, fine. But, I think 3 really fleshes out that this series is a Watchmen series. This show has been excellent and I'm really enjoying it. I am riveted every episode. Much like I was for GOT. A rare experience.
            went through this over the past week. Absolutely correct, I was kinda 'meh' after the first two episodes, and then, once jean Smart made an appearance, this show took off. The episode where Angela met her hubby was excellent, the dialogue was wonderful.
            Last edited by rufus; 01-05-2020, 06:24 PM.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Ranker is on point for TZ, although "Four O'Clock" and "Steel" should each be far, far higher.
              You know, I thought I had seen almost all TZ episodes, but I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen either of those.

Walking Distance should also be higher.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

So far, Brian cox wins best actor for succession and fleabag wins best comedy show. Both deserving

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  So far, Brian cox wins best actor for succession and fleabag wins best comedy show. Both deserving
                  Stellan winning for his part in Chernobyl was also a good pick.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

As usual, Ricky gervais made many squirm in his opener. Word for word is here

https://www.vo*****/culture/2020/1/5...sCYIpVfmv_C0TE

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      As usual, Ricky gervais made many squirm in his opener. Word for word is here

https://www.vo*****/culture/2020/1/5...sCYIpVfmv_C0TE
                      I love it. Bring back the blue comedy. If one doesn't like it, one can shut it off.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I love how Cohen goes after zuck

Comment

Am I the only one who forgot about the Jeopardy matchup tonight?
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Rutter did absolutely nothing. That surprised me.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Schitt’s Creek final season starts tonight!!

Comment

Working...
                                X