• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fun With Numbers '19-'20: PWR, KRACH, GRaNT, and other acronyms

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    The BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT calculators are now live:

[/url]
    I noticed just this morning that the USCHO Pairwise was missing a team - only 40 listed. Turned out Franklin Pierce was/is omitted.

So you're already one up on them!

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      I noticed just this morning that the USCHO Pairwise was missing a team - only 40 listed. Turned out Franklin Pierce was/is omitted.

So you're already one up on them!
      As is tradition
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Here's a fun teaser for you all --

I've spent the last few days building a Women's Hockey Pairwise Projector. Basically, it takes the KRACH-generated odds of each team winning each game and projects each team's final record as well as the Pairwise with those records. And I don't mean assigning the win to the team with the higher KRACH (which would, for example, make Wisconsin undefeated the rest of the way). If a team has a 70% chance of winning a game, they are given 0.7 wins and 0.3 losses in that game. It does that for every game, runs the Pairwise on those results, and gives you a post-regular-season tournament ranking.

This will give you a much clearer idea of where teams stand in the rankings because it will take into account teams whose schedules might be front-loaded and who maybe don't have too many projected losses in the second half to knock them down (among other things). It's SUPER COOL and I'm extremely proud of it. Spoiler alert: Not looking too good for BC!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm doing some final tests, but should have it live this week!

Comment

This took an eternity to build (and then I had to get the file size down so that I could embed it on BCI), but here it is: Every team's KRACH-projected record and projected Pairwise Rankings:

https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ch-frozen-four

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            This took an eternity to build (and then I had to get the file size down so that I could embed it on BCI), but here it is: Every team's KRACH-projected record and projected Pairwise Rankings:

https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ch-frozen-four
            Thanks for your efforts!

Comment

Working...
            X