Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I hope you're not running into moves like this because this is one of the bigger d-bag moves I've heard about.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/tech/...ing/index.html

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I would love to have you as customers. At least you would tip me well if I did well.
    There is no excuse for how some people tip. We just do it naturally and now we go way above and beyond.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Those people should be fired into the sun. What's wrong with them?
          I can't believe people think this is acceptable behavior. Where would they get an idea like that? It would be like not paying carpenters or electricians who did work on your hotel, to pick a completely random example.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Ooh, I get that reference.

Wait, Kep's references are from that fancy book-learning stuff. My references are a bit lower brow.

https://youtu.be/ZKO6M8heGU0?t=5510
            MST3K is higher brow than Steinbeck as far as I'm concerned.

I hated Grapes of Wrath.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Except in obvious cases, non-tippers should burn in hell.
              I'm a 20%er, and in my regular hangouts, it's usually above that, because they give me service above that. Heck, when Old Chicago was still around, I got my own TV on NFL Sundays. They got 30%.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Except in obvious cases, non-tippers should burn in hell.
                I'm a 20%er, and in my regular hangouts, it's usually above that, because they give me service above that. Heck, when Old Chicago was still around, I got my own TV on NFL Sundays. They got 30%.
                Yes. Also: minimum of $20 no matter how much the meal costs. I could never understand how if you wait tables at a cheap place you deserve less. If anything you deserve more because they're probably short staffed and you're overextended.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Just because you say a thing doesnt make it real. Short of having Federal Unemployment Protection there isnt much that can be done when 17 million people lose their job in 3 weeks.

I am not saying the GOP hasnt screwed up the country and economy badly...but this isnt something that would have been fixed by that reversal anyways. Capitalism is the issue here...
                  I think that's Scooby's point though - capitalism at least in the hands of Conservatives since Reagan - has effed over the majority and made us vulnerable. If corporations didn't run themselves in current times to serve no one but their board and shareholders, a short-term shut down shouldn't have had to have come at the expense of however many million jobs. Coupled with taxing the middle class to pay for the rich, allowing corporations to pay as little taxes as possible, and insisting we run a bloated military and here we are.

Comment

Comment

And all it took was the Fed pumping (at least) 4 trillion into the markets in the last month.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        That's all he cares about.

Couple hundred thousand dead? Meh! Stock market is the only priority.

Just remember. This man will let you die if it means the markets go up.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          That's all he cares about.

Couple hundred thousand dead? Meh! Stock market is the only priority.

Just remember. This man will let you die if it means the markets go up.
                          He’s not the only one. My company is pushing us all and working us hard and they’re planning on slashing tons of US jobs. Work us to the bone during pandemic and then lay off. We sat through presentation yesterday on how we still plan to grow offshore this year

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            I think that's Scooby's point though - capitalism at least in the hands of Conservatives since Reagan - has effed over the majority and made us vulnerable. If corporations didn't run themselves in current times to serve no one but their board and shareholders, a short-term shut down shouldn't have had to have come at the expense of however many million jobs. Coupled with taxing the middle class to pay for the rich, allowing corporations to pay as little taxes as possible, and insisting we run a bloated military and here we are.
                            That's what I was trying to do. You do it much better. Thanks.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              I can't believe people think this is acceptable behavior. Where would they get an idea like that? It would be like not paying carpenters or electricians who did work on your hotel, to pick a completely random example.
                              I didn't say how big the rocket was
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Yes. Also: minimum of $20 no matter how much the meal costs. I could never understand how if you wait tables at a cheap place you deserve less. If anything you deserve more because they're probably short staffed and you're overextended.
                                WHoa. That's a lot... An interesting point, but shocking to us midwesterners who don't pay $20 for a burger.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X