This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

PSU forecheck has been great and pretty hard on us. D are having trouble, but hopefully a few of those stretch passes will loosen them up a little.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Pretty weak call on the Dhooghster and big kill...

Oh boy right back on it...

Oh Yes! Barratt the dive master off too. Yay ref!
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Not bad in the first, but we've got to be better at breaking the puck out and getting these guys off our backs in the D zone.

On the other hand, as that period went on, we were getting better at the F's getting back deep and supporting. F's probably need to get in better spacing, but as long as we keep the puck out of the net, I'll take it.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Ridiculous.

Well, are we gonna cry or play hockey?
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Best game the Hammer has played.

We've been playing like dogs for the last 10 minutes. Hope we can just get out of this period.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

And there we go!

Kalynuk!!!!

umm...I'll say it again----> I hope we can just get out of this period.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

PSU reminds me a lot of the '14 Badgers team. Not in style of course, but in that they have a lot of good players that have been doing this a long time. They grab the lunch pail, flip the switch and go to work. Just better and more consistent shift to shift than they've ever been. Hard to play against. Good team that's going to win a lot of games, IMO.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Unfortunately I think PSU will win a title before Wisconsin gets to a point where they can make a run.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I wasn't able to watch but was streaming WIBA where I am. I lost count how many times Brian Posick said, "Another turnover in the Lions zone.....", and a couple of Paul Capobianco noted (paraphrasing) "...That wasn't very smart of Kalynuk...". Hmmmmm.

WMB makes good points. Penn State is kind of an "old skool" team with their age and experience, good talent (no superstars here and ****ty players there), and apparently, good coaching (work with what you've got).

These 2 games look similar to last week's football game. Over-matched on talent, didn't make plays, outcoached. Period.

Have a good weekend, it's almost Avalance Time.

"Unfortunately I think PSU will win a title before Wisconsin gets to a point where they can make a run".

"LIKE" button.
                    Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-01-2019, 07:49 PM.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Liked your new player, "Ryan" Holloway

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Liked your new player, "Ryan" Holloway
                        He's just as good as Dylan, but a late first rounder from the scouting reports.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

They played under more control, which I like. The Hammer was great. I just knew when that 4 on 2 developed and Goal was one of the D we were in big trouble. He should have hit the jets and went right at that guy on the blueline, he didn't hit the gas til their guy did, and that single second allowed him to get the angle, then it was too late. Another freshman screwup by Vorlicky on the ppg, getting all turned around and allowing their dude to get across him for the tip. By watching the fab 3, none of them are leaving early at this point, unless they want to jump off a burning ship, though I think Holloway was the best of the 3 tonight. It's a shame he didn't play yesterday. I think the best line was the 4th line tonight. Jack was all over it. Maybe he needs to get bumped up the pecking order.

Of course I am fuming inside right now. This sucks.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Swept by Penn State 6-1 and 4-2? With the talent on this roster I am ******** embarrased to be a Wisconsin fan. I didnt watch the game because I assumed they would sh*t the bed again. Jesus. Is this gonna be the same as the last few seasons?

Kalynuk should be benched. Or something. Or get a girlfriend. Whatever so he doesn't keep playing horrible

Comment

THIS is why people wont fill the Kohl Center. Because they lose. Not because the fans are gone forever.

Comment

Was listening to the post game when Pos mentioned we play @ UNO and goalie Isaiah Saville next week. Occurred to me the quality of goalies we're seeing early in the year. Started with BC's Spencer Knight, the #1 draft eligible guy in the world last year. UMD's Hunter Shepard, who has won close to 60 games and backstopped two titles the last two years. Clarkie's Frank Marotte is #6 in the country with .945 sv% and Peyton Jones is #3 with a .950. And next week's Saville was the #1 goalie in the USHL last year. Quite a murderer's row.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X