No announcement yet.

WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Please don't. It's been rated a BSL=3 biohazard, and I don't want to explain constant sharting to your mother.

GFM <— more than fed up with the coaching situation.
    ???? I thought Corbett had them trending in the right direction.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Please don't. It's been rated a BSL=3 biohazard, and I don't want to explain constant sharting to your mother.

GFM <— more than fed up with the coaching situation.
      you need a new rink, then...
      you need a new league, then....
      you need a new coach(s) now?

hell! so i will go further...

chargers never made sense [unless you are talking about batteries], so...

you need a new mascot!

the UAH Thrusters...

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
        you need a new rink, then...
        you need a new league, then....
        you need a new coach(s) now?

hell! so i will go further...

chargers never made sense [unless you are talking about batteries], so...

you need a new mascot!

the UAH Thrusters...
        The Chargers make plenty of sense...the problem is nothing around them makes much sense and the D1 hockey arms race and conference reshuffling has really hurt them. They are a fine program with plenty of history but the disconnect between them and the rest of D1 and not having the benefit of the Alaska exemption makes things difficult, not to mention air travel to Huntsville is expensive. They have a good reason to exist, but they do have a lot of things going against them.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          The Chargers make plenty of sense...the problem is nothing around them makes much sense and the D1 hockey arms race and conference reshuffling has really hurt them. They are a fine program with plenty of history but the disconnect between them and the rest of D1 and not having the benefit of the Alaska exemption makes things difficult, not to mention air travel to Huntsville is expensive. They have a good reason to exist, but they do have a lot of things going against them.
          That's all true and they are trending better from a team play point of view. And you have to admit many of those same things are similar to ASU. I know it was tough for the cowardly seven but I'm still against this action they are taking.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
            ???? I thought Corbett had them trending in the right direction.
            I think that he's done the best he can with what he has. Maybe I'm overly blaming the coaches, but there are worrying trends that make me think that they are plateauing. Case in point: alumni do better professionally than they did here. Is it just the fact that they have sub-par bottom-six or bottom-four teammates?

DTP: I've never understood why we're not the Rockets or the Astronauts or something like that. I know why (the goofy faculty member that wanted us to be the Ulan Chargers... okay), but I don't like it. I've never understood, though, why we were horses and not electrical energy. I mean, we could build a Tesla coil that would take out power to half of downtown!

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I've never understood, though, why we were horses and not electrical energy.
              GFM
              So, charge is no longer an electrical phenomenon? My EE degree is old, but I didn't think physics had changed that much!

Actually, I've always liked the name "Chargers" because you CAN take it both ways.
              Last edited by Chukker; 10-22-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I saw "Thrusters" and immediately thought of Ron Jeremy...

Comment

Let's say for a moment that UAH ends up as an independent (again) when this next shuffle is all over. Do you think the NCAA would support a hockey exemption for them like the do for the AK schools? I'm sure someone has already figured this at some point but who actually is the closest current D-I hockey program to UAH and how far away are they? Ohio State? 500+ miles? Maybe UAH could try to get some sort of hardship exemption (lack of local schools in that sport)? Just trying to think outside the box/conference.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    Let's say for a moment that UAH ends up as an independent (again) when this next shuffle is all over. Do you think the NCAA would support a hockey exemption for them like the do for the AK schools? I'm sure someone has already figured this at some point but who actually is the closest current D-I hockey program to UAH and how far away are they? Ohio State? 500+ miles? Maybe UAH could try to get some sort of hardship exemption (lack of local schools in that sport)? Just trying to think outside the box/conference.
                    Oxford/Miami is closest to Huntsville then Columbus/OSU. Only Miami and OSU are withing 500 miles.

Actually, Notre Dame is slightly closer to Huntsville than BG, each under 600 miles. Next up is Kalamazoo, Ann Arbor, East Lansing, then Pittsburgh all under 700 miles. Everything else (starting with Erie) is over 700 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Let's say for a moment that UAH ends up as an independent (again) when this next shuffle is all over. Do you think the NCAA would support a hockey exemption for them like the do for the AK schools?
                      No.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH has filed their letter of intent to leave the WCHA, which makes all the sense in the world.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          UAH has filed their letter of intent to leave the WCHA, which makes all the sense in the world.

GFM
                          :-(
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                            What’s the strategy behind this?

Comment

Same as the cowardly seven isn't it?
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Non conference action tonight:

Lake State falls to Notre Dame and Bemidji trails by 1 against North Dakota with under 2 minutes left.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X