Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

It would seem kind of silly for BVR to consider transferring with one year of eligibility left, especially with the breakout junior year he just completed. Who knows?? Maybe he's looking at next year's roster and not "finding a fit"?

And seeing that there are players from other HE schools in this portal...I wonder as to whom are piquing the interests of the UNH coaching staff?
    ================================================== ===========================================
    Chuck, this could be the fodder for your new Summer Saga:

THE PORTAL WARS
    UNH

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      It would seem kind of silly for BVR to consider transferring with one year of eligibility left, especially with the breakout junior year he just completed. Who knows?? Maybe he's looking at next year's roster and not "finding a fit"?

And seeing that there are players from other HE schools in this portal...I wonder as to whom are piquing the interests of the UNH coaching staff?
      ================================================== ===========================================
      Chuck, this could be the fodder for your new Summer Saga:

THE PORTAL WARS
      OMG...I can see it now...somehow..it could be EPIC!!!!! I mean bigger than the golfin' stories!!! BRING IT. "As the Portal Turns" ha!
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-28-2019, 09:26 PM.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

The list is from October, right? No wait, it came to existence in October.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

@MikeMcMahonCHN
          Senior writer @chnews. Covering Merrimack College for The @EagleTrib/@TheMackReports since 2006.

6 of 11 on the list are "MC". Strange coincidence.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            @MikeMcMahonCHN
            Senior writer @chnews. Covering Merrimack College for The @EagleTrib/@TheMackReports since 2006.

Not to get anything going here....but, who recruited BvR? Borek, right??
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
              @MikeMcMahonCHN

Not really. Borek told a number of those players they were not welcome back - it makes sense they'd want to keep playing somewhere else.

If BVR is in the portal - he's strongly considering leaving. No, it's not 100% that he goes, but if you're happy and committed to staying you're not signing up. He's either unhappy and wants to leave or is at least interested in finding out if there is a better place for him to develop and win (get to a tourney) in one final season... .

It's definitely not good news after a break out scoring season with a likely top-six roster spot awaiting him...

---

Thing is, if he's heading to a top-tier school looking for a chance to win big - he's likely dropping back down to a bottom six role. It will be interesting...
              Last edited by Dan; 03-28-2019, 09:26 PM.
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Not to get anything going here....but, who recruited BvR? Borek, right??
                Yes, but I would be absolutely shocked if he's leaving for MC. If he's considering leaving it's to move up in the world...
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Yes, but I would be absolutely shocked if he's leaving for MC. If he's considering leaving it's to move up in the world...
                  Same...well...guess we'll wait and see what this all means.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

If BVR is in the portal - he's strongly considering leaving. No, it's not 100% that he goes, but if you're happy and committed to staying you're not signing up. He's either unhappy and wants to leave or is at least interested in finding out if there is a better place for him to develop and win (get to a tourney) in one final season... .

It's definitely not good news after a break out scoring season with a likely top-six roster spot awaiting him...
                    I wonder if he'll have his degree at the end of the school year? If he's a grad transfer he can play right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      I wonder if he'll have his degree at the end of the school year? If he's a grad transfer he can play right away.
                      Divver's initial tweet said grad transfer, eligible immediately. I don't know that to be true, but it would make the most sense in terms of instigating and exploring of options...

If he spent a couple summers in Durham it would be pretty easy to graduate in three years...

Based on the offers Divver reported, I'd be most worried about losing him to a HE school. In the NCHC the most likely teams to be interested (based on F need) would be CC, Omaha or Miami - I don't see any as winning destinations next year and it's unlikely Miami could even offer with no coach at present. Western and St. Cloud likely wouldn't be interested in offering unless they lose more F's early than expected. The other three seem set at the position...

The BIG is trickier with some s-e-x-y (thats a strange filter) school names, but a lot of struggling programs just as likely to make or miss next year's tourney as UNH. I can't see a fit at MSU for him. They stink. UW, UM and ND seem set with next year's FR classes. PSU took Larsson from Merrimack last year and could face a few early departures - but if those guys stay where's the room and if they leave how good are they? OSU and Minnesota seem to have the biggest need losing five/six or seven F's from this year's teams, respectively, but both could be rebuilding next season as a result...

In HE I'd worry about BC or BU offering looking for experience to combine with their young talent. UMass took a grad transfer this season (Pritchard) with great success. Northeastern is always aggressive...

Barring early departures at PC they seem overbooked. It seems out of character (to short-term) for UML.
                      Last edited by Dan; 03-29-2019, 09:57 AM.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Divver's initial tweet said grad transfer, eligible immediately. I don't know that to be true, but it would make the most sense in terms of instigating and exploring of options...

If he spent a couple summers in Durham it would be pretty easy to graduate in three years...
                        Thanks, missed the Divver tweet.

Comment

Based on the offers Divver reported, I'd be most worried about losing him to a HE school. In the NCHC the most likely teams to be interested (based on F need) would be CC, Omaha or Miami - I don't see any as winning destinations next year and it's unlikely Miami could even offer with no coach at present. Western and St. Cloud likely wouldn't be interested in offering unless they lose more F's early than expected. The other three seem set at the position...

The BIG is trickier with some **** school names, but a lot of struggling programs just as likely to make or miss next year's tourney as UNH. I can't see a fit at MSU for him. They stink. UW, UM and ND seem set with next year's FR classes. PSU took Larsson from Merrimack last year and could face a few early departures - but if those guys stay where's the room and if they leave how good are they? OSU and Minnesota seem to have the biggest need losing five/six or seven F's from this year's teams, respectively, but both could be rebuilding next season as a result...

In HE I'd worry about BC or BU offering looking for experience to combine with their young talent. UMass took a grad transfer this season (Pritchard) with great success. Northeastern is always aggressive...

Barring early departures at PC they seem overbooked. It seems out of character (to short-term) for UML.
                          Of course, we are all in speculation mode...but, just a thought...if this were to come to fruition, what do you think the time table is? How soon would we know his intentions/landing spot? And, while this may seem ludicrous, whether or not he just wants to play on a team that's 'winning' may not be his prime motivation for wanting to move. Who knows...No matter what, hope he finds what he's looking for if it isn't a return to the 'Cats.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            BU made a deal with the devil the way they won games that season. Reading their board, apparently the deal has come due.
                            Yeah.

Hope they're not making a deal with BvR too!! Maybe BvR was exploring his options thinking Gildon and Wyse would be gone. Very concerning development though!
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

"A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy."
                              Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
                                "A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy."
                                Ha! As my Realtor wife will tell you, one can only dream that is the case...

Comment

Working...
                                X