• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey

https://www.uscho.com/2018/10/25/mai...opean-players/

Comment

Sundays game versus BC, 1st period both teams called for penalty's that some on both sides should have been let go...2nd period Maine looked to be tired half way through as BC began to skate and move the pace...3rd period Maine had chances but BC still is the better team versus Maine and in the League as a hold. To compete at the higher level they have to start beating a team like BC, especially @ home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Sundays game versus BC, 1st period both teams called for penalty's that some on both sides should have been let go...2nd period Maine looked to be tired half way through as BC began to skate and move the pace...3rd period Maine had chances but BC still is the better team versus Maine and in the League as a hold. To compete at the higher level they have to start beating a team like BC, especially @ home.
        Yup. Can't beat BC or Northeastern, then can't do much against NCAA tourney field. I suppose this team isn't as good as what I thought they were. Par for the course for me as the men's team s playing a lot worse than I thought they would. Looks like another down year for us.

Comment

Bob Corkum is coaching USA women's team at 4 nations tournament next week...
          https://bangordailynews.com/2018/10/...am-in-2018-19/

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Yup. Can't beat BC or Northeastern, then can't do much against NCAA tourney field. I suppose this team isn't as good as what I thought they were. Par for the course for me as the men's team s playing a lot worse than I thought they would. Looks like another down year for us.
            Not that this team is bad, which they are not...they are just a level below the teams that are poised to play Post Season...I look for this team to get better and on a roll versus the teams they have to beat as the season goes on.

Comment

SUNDAY @ Orono: Holy Cross vs Maine 2pm.....

Comment

Not that this team is bad, which they are not...they are just a level below the teams that are poised to play Post Season...I look for this team to get better and on a roll versus the teams they have to beat as the season goes on.
                I watched them today. They looked exceptional again against a weak team. And lost Friday to Merrimack by a few goals. Seems like this team is middle of the pack in hockey east. Sad, because with the freshmen looking so well you'd have thought the team would have improved. Well the season is long so hopefully they make gains and can compete with the top teams at the end of the year.

Comment

Vanisova was missing from the game sheet on Sunday -- is she likely to be out long?

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                    Vanisova was missing from the game sheet on Sunday -- is she likely to be out long?
                    She played Sunday.

Comment

Nice to see rookie Tedenby play in four nations tourny this week.
                      https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/1...ournament.aspx

Comment

Ouch, BC beat out Maine for daughter of Maine legend Scott Pellerin(first Hobey winner for Maine)...
                        https://***********/WHockeyCommits/s...971288065?s=19

Comment

If Maine wants to be in the NCAA's they need to beat the top teams...this team has the talent, but what is missing??? I mean look back at last years team...they had a edge to there play in that you could see the flow and a team playing like a team on a mission...seems this years team lacks the magic and what every team gets burned on= Penalty's.

Comment

If Maine wants to be in the NCAA's they need to beat the top teams...this team has the talent, but what is missing??? I mean look back at last years team...they had a edge to there play in that you could see the flow and a team playing like a team on a mission...seems this years team lacks the magic and what every team gets burned on= Penalty's.
                            I don't get it either. The way the freshmen looked it seemed like Maine should contend with the top couple teams for regular season championship. Winning just 1 of last 6 games has ruined that thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              I don't get it either. The way the freshmen looked it seemed like Maine should contend with the top couple teams for regular season championship. Winning just 1 of last 6 games has ruined that thought.
                              The Freshman Class is a good boost for this team, BUT what is missing here...I mean the returning team was capable to lift this team with the added Freshman talent...it's puzzling to say the least. Is there something going on that we can't see/hear about..?

Comment

Well this weekend is time to start a winning streak and get back in the winning ways....long over due....put together a solid weekend and go from there..Go Maine Women!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X