tUMD @ BSU: (10-29/10-30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ BSU: (10-29/10-30)

BSU has only played two games this year and lost both to UND. I assume that BSU has not played more games because of an oddly timed bye and the new arena. BSU is looking for their first win of the year and first WCHA win. BSU has always played UMD tough. Not exactly sure on what their record against UMD is but it is not what I would want it.

That being said, UMD had struggled against UAA in the last few years but took care of business last weekend. UMD can score a ton of goals and has three players in the top ten in D1 scoring. What has helped UMD score even more is the development of our second line in Oleksuk, freshman JT Brown and Kyle Schmidt. UMD goaltending wise will split time with Kenny Reiter and Aaron Crandall. Crandall is riding a 119 minute scoreless streak.

I hope tUMD can continue the nations longest unbeaten streak this weekend. Need a split but hope for 3 points.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ BSU: (10-29/10-30)

It's been a somewhat long start to the year for BSU. No games the weekend of 10/8 along this past weekend. Hopefully they can pull some of the magic they did against UMD like the Saturday night game at the DECC last year. That was quite a weekend for BSU.

Now there's two solid lines for BSU to watch against UMD. If BSU plays like they did Saturday against ND, they could get a split.
    Fear the Green

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      BSU has only played two games this year and lost both to UND. I assume that BSU has not played more games because of an oddly timed bye and the new arena. BSU is looking for their first win of the year and first WCHA win. BSU has always played UMD tough. Not exactly sure on what their record against UMD is but it is not what I would want it.
      New arena and an oddly timed bye, yes. BSU originally had an exhibition scheduled October 2, but had to cancel it earler in the summer when it wasn't apparent if the Peters Rink at Sanford Center would be done in time. If they had scheduled it for Oct 8-9 (when BSU had their scrimmage), it would have been fine. BSU also now doesn't have a bye until December 17-18 (playing the next seven weekends), and has only one bye in the second half (Jan 28-29).

As to UMD vs. BSU record, it's 18-9 all time, but BSU is 9-7 vs. UMD since December of '02.
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

I'm really excited for this series to bad I will be in Madison other wise making a trip over there. Over all I'm looking for a big road series from the dogs, it's been pretty funny I got in an argument with a gopher fan, because he doesn't think the Bulldogs deserve credit and that the Gophers are as good or better. I just laughed but over all long season and hoping the offense can keep up the pace.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Wm2yK3MiM

Comment

BSU gets 3 points this weekend :-) a tie friday and a butt whoopin for the Dogs on Sat
          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
          Go you Green and White
          Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight with all your might!
          Rah! Rah! Rah!
          We are here to cheer you
          We are out to win your fame,
          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
            New arena and an oddly timed bye, yes. BSU originally had an exhibition scheduled October 2, but had to cancel it earler in the summer when it wasn't apparent if the Peters Rink at Sanford Center would be done in time. If they had scheduled it for Oct 8-9 (when BSU had their scrimmage), it would have been fine. BSU also now doesn't have a bye until December 17-18 (playing the next seven weekends), and has only one bye in the second half (Jan 28-29).

As to UMD vs. BSU record, it's 18-9 all time, but BSU is 9-7 vs. UMD since December of '02.
            I figured UMD's recent history was something like that. Well UMD stopped its poor play against UAA, time to do the same against BSU.

Questions for Beaver fans: What channels are broadcasting the games? Lakeland Public Televison? MN Channel? Both? I am in the Cities and hoping to watch the games on MN Channel.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The game's on DirecTV and Dish Network on Channel 22. Minnesota PBS Channel everywhere else, I don't have cable so I don't know the channel numbers for Comcast and so forth. Over-the-air I think it's 2.1 or 2.2 in the Twin Cities. It's not in HD though, and looks much better on a SD TV.

Comment

According to the Sanford Center Facebook Page, there are still tickets available for this weekend's games.
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                  The game's on DirecTV and Dish Network on Channel 22. Minnesota PBS Channel everywhere else, I don't have cable so I don't know the channel numbers for Comcast and so forth. Over-the-air I think it's 2.1 or 2.2 in the Twin Cities. It's not in HD though, and looks much better on a SD TV.
                  Excellent
                  Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  According to the Sanford Center Facebook Page, there are still tickets available for this weekend's games.
                  I find this very surprising. Perhaps they are SRO tickets...or perhaps the ticket prices are too high. I have heard they are expensive.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UMDfan4 View Post
                    I'm really excited for this series to bad I will be in Madison other wise making a trip over there. Over all I'm looking for a big road series from the dogs, it's been pretty funny I got in an argument with a gopher fan, because he doesn't think the Bulldogs deserve credit and that the Gophers are as good or better. I just laughed but over all long season and hoping the offense can keep up the pace.
                    I want to know what the Gopher fan you were talking to is smoking. I haven't seen my second favorite team play yet, but I am willing to guess that argument is garbage even though it is early and UMD maybe hasn't played quite as good opponents as the Gophers yet (disregarding UMass, of course).

Good luck to both teams on what should be a fun series in a fun, new arena!
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      I want to know what the Gopher fan you were talking to is smoking. I haven't seen my second favorite team play yet, but I am willing to guess that argument is garbage even though it is early and UMD maybe hasn't played quite as good opponents as the Gophers yet (disregarding UMass, of course).

Good luck to both teams on what should be a fun series in a fun, new arena!
                      I don't know what he is smoking and I watched them when they beat St. Cloud and both teams looked like garbage. Missing open shots and no chemistry out there or at least thats how my roommate and I felt watching it.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Wm2yK3MiM

Comment

Go Dogs!
                        "When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back." -- Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

I find this very surprising. Perhaps they are SRO tickets...or perhaps the ticket prices are too high. I have heard they are expensive.
                          Yeah, that may be the case. I just went to Ticketbastard to check the prices that are out there.

Prices are for Between the Blue Lines/Blue Lines to Goal Line/End of Arena and do not include the Ticketbastard fees (between $7 and $8 a ticket). Of course if you get them at the Sanford Center Box Office, you avoid those fees.

Minnesota: $40/$35/$30
                          UMD and SCSU: $35/$30/$25
                          UAA, Northern Michigan, UNO and CC: $30/$25/$20

I am not sure if BeaverPride is getting a cut on any of those tickets to sit in the "premium sections" (the first two ticket levels) like season ticket holders had to pay when purchasing tickets there, I hope they are. I know my season tickets are on the end of the arena and I payed $20 a game and avoided the additional fee for premium seating.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I am not sure if BeaverPride is getting a cut on any of those tickets to sit in the "premium sections" (the first two ticket levels) like season ticket holders had to pay when purchasing tickets there, I hope they are. I know my season tickets are on the end of the arena and I payed $20 a game and avoided the additional fee for premium seating.
                            I don't know about Bever Pride getting the extra money, but obviously it goes to BSU, so it's all the same. I'll have to ask Jake Bluhm next time I see him.

On that front, I asked today how things were going, re: money coming in (both Beaver Pride and ticket sales), and they don't have those figures totaled yet. One thing that was pointed out, specifically pertaining to Beaver Pride, is that while they tied donations to tickets, they didn't do their traditional fund raising push, as they have in the past. So, while it may seem like Beaver Pride donations should be way up, they may not be. It will be interesting to see how things flesh out over the course of the season...
                            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                            ECAC:
                            HEA: UMass
                            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Yeah, that may be the case. I just went to Ticketbastard to check the prices that are out there.

Prices are for Between the Blue Lines/Blue Lines to Goal Line/End of Arena and do not include the Ticketbastard fees (between $7 and $8 a ticket). Of course if you get them at the Sanford Center Box Office, you avoid those fees.

Minnesota: $40/$35/$30
                              UMD and SCSU: $35/$30/$25
                              UAA, Northern Michigan, UNO and CC: $30/$25/$20

Ouch. I get that why they price those tickets higher. But let us be honest. UMD and SCSU are not going to bring that many more fans into the rink (or certainly not with those prices) . I wonder if those prices are too high for the Bemidji area economically.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X