Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Actually, let him keep his phone. Let him tweet. He'll say something to enhance the case for his impeachment.
    No. It doesn't. It reinforces the case against impeachment. He wins the narrative over and over again the more he talks. Yes, it's backwards, but that's what's happening every single day.

Democrats and the media go limp every time he tweets stuff like this.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Joy Reid on MSNBC has called every moderate/conservative Democrat in the House to come on her show and explain why they won't vote for impeachment. Especially after Trump doing what he did in the Mueller report in plain sight and while President. They all refused to come on the show and answer the question.

The Democratic Party is complicit in this President's lawlessness. There is no longer any rule of law.

I also saw a quote from Pelosi that said the Congress when we get a new President has to pass new laws to prevent this from happening again. Which means she knows Trump is breaking the law but she is refusing to do anything about it.

You're going to have a very depressed voter turnout on the Progressive Democratic side if this crap doesn't end and the ultimate candidate is someone like Biden for example.

By the way. They (moderates) say they want to get stuff done. Yet there are 100's of bills just dying on Turtle Boy's desk. Bills no one knows about or will ever hear about in the news because it's not salacious enough for the 24 hour news cycle.
      If they wont go on TV and defend their action that means Nancy doesnt have the votes. There is no other way to look at it. She isnt one to take serious chances against her Party's wishes (not a compliment) and my guess is the only ones solidly for this right now are the Progressives. This also tracks with how pathetic the hearings have been so far. Also tracks with her telling them to get moving already.

This whole thing is a catastrophe right now. I know the Kepler's of the world think this is the way to do it but they are wrong. The GOP are playing War and the Dems are playing Old Maid. You arent going to win this unless you sack up and start fighting fire with fire. If they keep looking flaccid every time they question someone they are going to lose and lose badly.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

She pretty clearly has the votes in the house lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          No. It doesn't. It reinforces the case against impeachment. He wins the narrative over and over again the more he talks. Yes, it's backwards, but that's what's happening every single day.

Democrats and the media go limp every time he tweets stuff like this.

The only good thing about this is he is going to do as much to kill the chances of Nominee Biden as Warren/Bernie will. I am not sure if he is trolling cause he wants to face Biden or he just thinks they are gonna rig it and he is gonna face him but he is really focusing on him right now.

Man the Party needs a nominee who can fight. This cant just be about flowery words and rhetoric we need someone who has the balls to play Trump's game and beat him at it. I know the 2 candidates I trust right now to do it the problem is I dont trust the Party or the media to help them do it. Hell the media spends more time going after Castro for being mean to Biden than they do going after Trump for committing impeachable offenses. the NY Times couldnt be more complicit if they changed their name to CNN
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            She pretty clearly doesnt. If they wont go on MSNBC to talk about it (about as friendly a spot as you can do it) that means they wont support it publicly. That means they are wishy washy.

I think, per usual, the Dems are afraid and instead of using that fear to push forward they are half azzing this whole thing. Hell I would bet Trump's numbers are improving since this started...
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Actually, let him keep his phone. Let him tweet. He'll say something to enhance the case for his impeachment.
              Okay Nancy. Self-impeaching doesn't seem to be working.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

No she doesn't. Almost every Republican is a now and there is a block of about 40 Democrats from conservative districts that will vote now. And getting owned by Corey Lewandoski on National TV doesn't help.

The Government is completely broken. There are no longer 3 equal branches of Government. You have the President with about 1/2 the power. Senate Leader with about 1/3. And the Courts with about a 6th. The House is completely neutered. Congrats Dems, in 2018 you won back nothing.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If she doesn't have the votes it's her job to whip for them, a job which shockingly, she doesn't want to do because that might require her to actually do something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    She pretty clearly doesnt. If they wont go on MSNBC to talk about it (about as friendly a spot as you can do it) that means they wont support it publicly. That means they are wishy washy.

I think, per usual, the Dems are afraid and instead of using that fear to push forward they are half azzing this whole thing. Hell I would bet Trump's numbers are improving since this started...
                    How often do I have to say it? Democrats are puzzies.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      How often do I have to say it? Democrats are puzzies.
                      Lead by Tom Perez. I still hate that choice.

Comment

If she doesn't have the votes it's her job to whip for them, a job which shockingly, she doesn't want to do because that might require her to actually do something.
                        I 100% agree. Like I said my statement wasnt a compliment to her. She needs to change her tune and take the deal up herself. Her underlings cant be trusted to do this right. She needs to lead or shut up and go away.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Lead by Tom Perez. I still hate that choice.
                          Yeah...I wasnt as vocal as Scooby about it but I hated that choice from Day 1. It was everything 2016 showed us the Dems couldnt be.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Yeah...I wasnt as vocal as Scooby about it but I hated that choice from Day 1. It was everything 2016 showed us the Dems couldnt be.
                            Ellison would have been a much bolder choice

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Agree. I think they're so afraid of impeaching, and then the Senate giving him a pass, which means Trump crowing about winning, that they just figure they'll drag this out until the election, and bank on him losing.

Which 1. He's crowing about winning anyway, and 2. There's no guarantee of him losing. Especially if Democratic gutlessness depresses the turnout. No one likes a weakling. If you can't fight for what's right, why should anyone vote for you?

As Duncan Black often writes, sarcastically, you always hear the Democrat candidate saying, "I will fight for youuuu!!!!". And then they get elected.....

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Agree. I think they're so afraid of impeaching, and then the Senate giving him a pass, which means Trump crowing about winning, that they just figure they'll drag this out until the election, and bank on him losing.

Which 1. He's crowing about winning anyway, and 2. There's no guarantee of him losing. Especially if Democratic gutlessness depresses the turnout. No one likes a weakling. If you can't fight for what's right, why should anyone vote for you?

As Duncan Black often writes, sarcastically, you always hear the Democrat candidate saying, "I will fight for youuuu!!!!". And then they get elected.....
                                Trump is Biff, and the dems are George Mcfly and right now, Marty Mcfly is disappearing fast

Comment

Working...
                                X