Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hey, these Cardinal and White glasses work really well, I'll send you a set. I voted for the all tournament F's to be Curl, Webster and O'Brien.
    Against my wife's better advice not to, I have to ask. Shouldn't Curl be playing that other popular sport on ice? The one with rocks, brooms and sweepers? Then again, maybe she's excellent at both sports.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-26-2018, 12:20 PM. Reason: A possible two sport Olympian in 2022?
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      I would expect nothing less...
      You make it so hard to hate you.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
        Against my wife's better advice not to, I have to ask. Shouldn't Curl be playing that other popular sport on ice? The one with rocks, brooms and sweepers? Then again, maybe she's excellent at both sports.
        The US women suck at curling, I'd be willing to try anything just so the US is not embarrassed in international play. I think I'll be happy watching Curl curl around the opposing players.

Comment

subscribing to thread. Nothing to add, but excited about next year.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            subscribing to thread. Nothing to add, but excited about next year.
            Excited is an understatement. Welcome to this side of the board. I am shocked there are so very few crossovers from the men's side. If you want to watch hockey played with creativity yet discipline in front of a packed house, look no further than the UW women.

Comment

The US women suck at curling, I'd be willing to try anything just so the US is not embarrassed in international play. I think I'll be happy watching Curl curl around the opposing players.
              The US Women's Curling team just made it to the bronze medal game in the World Championships this past weekend.

Of course, the team that played last weekend was based out of the St. Paul Curling Club, not the McFarland based team that was "embarrassed" at the Olympics.
              Last edited by Nowheresville; 03-27-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Excited is an understatement. Welcome to this side of the board. I am shocked there are so very few crossovers from the men's side. If you want to watch hockey played with creativity yet discipline in front of a packed house, look no further than the UW women.
                Mark it on the calendar Tim is right!
                Womens hockey is more skilled and well played because they cannot make up for sloppiness through brutality. It is a beautiful game, particularly when played at the level your Badgers can play at.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  Mark it on the calendar Tim is right!
                  Even a blind Badger eats a gopher once and awhile.

Comment

Definitely fun to watch. I generally like LaBahn viewing angles, but the concessions issues on sell-outs and the inability to add more seats, press area, etc. were really short sighted, IMO, especially since they are redoing the SERF right now. Just pi** poor planning.

I will say the speed in men's is a big difference, but there is less clutching and grabbing and generally a nice flow to the women's games.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Definitely fun to watch. I generally like LaBahn viewing angles, but the concessions issues on sell-outs and the inability to add more seats, press area, etc. were really short sighted, IMO, especially since they are redoing the SERF right now. Just pi** poor planning.

I will say the speed in men's is a big difference, but there is less clutching and grabbing and generally a nice flow to the women's games.
                      Yeah with all the b16$/football$ Barry had to cheap the thing out, what a short sighted move on his part. With the SERF getting replaced, they could have just add onto the north end and have the seats go all the way around.

Comment

Yeah with all the b16$/football$ Barry had to cheap the thing out, what a short sighted move on his part. With the SERF getting replaced, they could have just add onto the north end and have the seats go all the way around.
                        yep and take the seats up higher there on the Badgers offensive end for 2 periods. And extend press row around to the north as well. Add another 400 seats or so and add some concessions under those new north seats. Then extend towards the Kohl Center to have the US hockey displays and a third concession stand. Seems idiotic when they are selling out just about every game.
                        Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-28-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post

Thanks! I remember hearing that Sophie Shirley is supposed to be dynamite; didn't she try to join the team for this season but couldn't for some reason? I'm looking forward to watching her play.
                          Maybe someone can explain how a player can play in a pro league without losing their eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                            Maybe someone can explain how a player can play in a pro league without losing their eligibility.
                            If I recall, she was able to get an exemption because she did not accept any money to play.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                              If I recall, she was able to get an exemption because she did not accept any money to play.
                              so ....
                              a player joins the CWHL to get a year of seasoning to prepare her for the NCAA
                              then presumably play well enough to what? get drafted by a "pro" league whose main purpose is to .... prepare players to play in the NCAA?

the crazy world of women's hockey

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                                so ....
                                a player joins the CWHL to get a year of seasoning to prepare her for the NCAA
                                then presumably play well enough to what? get drafted by a "pro" league whose main purpose is to .... prepare players to play in the NCAA?

the crazy world of women's hockey
                                I think the situation is a fluky one. If we knew why she didn't come last year, I'm sure it would make sense. What else was she to do, just sit out? I certainly don't think this will be a trend, though Clarkson kinda does it already.

Comment

Working...
                                X